McVay Press Conference

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
I think his Higbee statements are being misinterpreted. He said he uses TEs in multiple ways and that they will be a big part of the offense. Seems like he see Higbee as a seem stretching TE, but he is still on the look out for his Jordan Reed type TE who will run option routes. Rams met with Evan Engram and Gerald Everett at the Senior Bowl two guys who could fill that very important role in Mcvay's offense.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think his Higbee statements are being misinterpreted. He said he uses TEs in multiple ways and that they will be a big part of the offense. Seems like he see Higbee as a seem stretching TE, but he is still on the look out for his Jordan Reed type TE who will run option routes. Rams met with Evan Engram and Gerald Everett at the Senior Bowl two guys who could fill that very important role in Mcvay's offense.

Agreed , but you have to add what Les Snead said about Higbee. (Still need to finish McVay interview) . He was injured & fell behind . He also said McVay runs 2 & 3 TE sets. Which of course means he really likes the position. I mean Boras was a TE coach that was a OC, but McVay is the real deal.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Can't wait to see our roster entering training camp! Which new exciting toys did we add

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
One thing I find interesting is that teams with new coaches can start "Phase 1" of the off-season workouts on April 3rd, the Rams don't start until April 10th. Seems a bit strange that they'd give up a precious week of time with the players. The players I've talked with are surprised too. The mandatory mini-camp is scheduled for June 12 to 16, so not going any deeper into June (I think they have to be done with all off-season activities by this time per the CBA).

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
I absolutely LOVE our coach! He has such a great mind! He's very open and loves to talk, I could listen to him for hours! So much info!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
McVay constantly talks about his relationship with Snead seems to be excellent and is the reason Les is still the GM again all of hope that Fisher handcuffed Snead and the other way around. Again IMHO, McVay from the dais is amazing and I am hopeful McVay will be as successful on the field.

BTW like others McVay pumps me up I am looking forward to free agency and the draft as the Rams improve the roster and get ready to put the abysmal 2016 season behind them.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
He's the anti-Fisher.

McVay... "Fisher was the disease... I'm the cure!"

upload_2017-3-3_7-27-53.jpeg

Zero

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
One thing I find interesting is that teams with new coaches can start "Phase 1" of the off-season workouts on April 3rd, the Rams don't start until April 10th. Seems a bit strange that they'd give up a precious week of time with the players. The players I've talked with are surprised too. The mandatory mini-camp is scheduled for June 12 to 16, so not going any deeper into June (I think they have to be done with all off-season activities by this time per the CBA).
Does seem odd.Any word as to why?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd like to understand this as welI, not many "advantages" in the NFL, having a 2 week head start on the competition due to the "new head coach rule" seems like one worth exploiting.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I've said it before and will say it again: Higbee will benefit most from this regime. Talent + coaching is there, the dude just has to do the work.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

I'm guessing it is due to Goff. Plan is undoubtedly to use that window from the 3rd to when they report to get the kid QB as coached up and ready as possible, so when they do start on the 10th he isn't fumbling all over himself like he did his rookie season. It is crucial that Goff comes in knowing wtf he's doing, so he can run that huddle from day one.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
the Rams don't start until April 10th. Seems a bit strange that they'd give up a precious week of time with the players. The players I've talked with are surprised too.

I'm guessing it is due to Goff. Plan is undoubtedly to use that window from the 3rd to when they report to get the kid QB as coached up and ready as possible, so when they do start on the 10th he isn't fumbling all over himself like he did his rookie season.
My guess is some big wig has a vacation scheduled. And perhaps this was made in advance of the coaching change....assumed Fish would still be starting late. Could be someone like Aaron Donald...Could be Goff...could even be Les or Demoff...
I'd still like these guys to get together asap.

kdemoff

UDFA
No bigwig vacations. The CBA mandates a week off for the players between April 3rd and June 16th. Coach McVay opted to start a week later (so first week off) and have no off week in the middle of the offseason program rather than breaking up offseason practices with a week off in the middle. He will use full compliment of offseason practices, OTAs and minicamps.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
No bigwig vacations. The CBA mandates a week off for the players between April 3rd and June 16th. Coach McVay opted to start a week later (so first week off) and have no off week in the middle of the offseason program rather than breaking up offseason practices with a week off in the middle. He will use full compliment of offseason practices, OTAs and minicamps.

Thanks for the answer Kevin! That makes sense. You guys picked the right guy for the job (y) Feel free to drop by any time and set us straight. We like to pretend we know what we're talking about.

P.S. sign Pierre Garçon please. Thanks :rolllaugh:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Hey KD, how about showing us your mock draft ?

:baghead: