McVay Press Conference

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The CBA mandates a week off for the players between April 3rd and June 16th.

That just seems crazy.

I would hope the owners try to adjust the next CBA to at least allow for QBs to get their playbooks from a new regime and remove the restriction of not being able to even discuss things via phone. I don't understand why players would feel like that restriction is a good thing; everyone wants their time off, sure, but if you don't want to be called tell the coach to stop calling. The guys who are driven to be great are the ones affected by that stuff.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Was that the real KD, Rams GM, who posted in this thread or an impersonator?

I've known for a long time that some players read the fan forums, but the GM?

Last year at the Irvine practice I got to talk with DeMarco Farr and asked him about it. He said "of course they want to know what thier fans are talking about, and the coaches have advised them NOT to post, but some still do". He also said they get good ideas from the forums.

Nice to know they care what we think.

Last edited:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

Last year at the Irvine practice I got to talk with DeMarco Farr and asked him about it. He said "of course they want to know what thier fans are talking about, and the coaches have advised them NOT to post, but some still do". He also said they get good ideas from the forums.

Yes. That was the real KD.
He's done Q and A's for ROD in the past.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
No bigwig vacations. The CBA mandates a week off for the players between April 3rd and June 16th. Coach McVay opted to start a week later (so first week off) and have no off week in the middle of the offseason program rather than breaking up offseason practices with a week off in the middle. He will use full compliment of offseason practices, OTAs and minicamps.

Thank you for the clarification, Mr. Demoff. Btw I tweeted at you regarding new uniform changes and also mentioned how I had the wonderful pleasure of meeting you and shaking your hand during a Pats Rams preseason game here in New England back when Bradford was a rookie.

Thanks for stopping by, best of luck in the off-season and in the draft. Please trade up for Lamp!!!!

Look forward to seeing the best sports franchise play one day in LA.

Cheers,
Bryan

fearsomefour

Legend
I've said it before and will say it again: Higbee will benefit most from this regime. Talent + coaching is there, the dude just has to do the work.
Hope so.
Well, him and Grob and Havenstein and Brown and Goff and Thomas and Cooper.....I could go on.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
No bigwig vacations.
LOLOLOL!!! Ah why didn't anyone tell me he responded...I bow humbly sir...Thanks for the reply/clarification.

I did state, it was only a "guess".....Love it Kev! See you guys in Irvine....

Oh yeah....Garret Bolles ...and Jon Toth....

I feel special.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
No bigwig vacations. The CBA mandates a week off for the players between April 3rd and June 16th. Coach McVay opted to start a week later (so first week off) and have no off week in the middle of the offseason program rather than breaking up offseason practices with a week off in the middle. He will use full compliment of offseason practices, OTAs and minicamps.
Thanks for stopping by Kevin. Needless to say we're all very excited about the new staff and the upcoming season.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap

Thanks for the info!! I knew there had to be an explanation. The time with the players is too limited and valuable to give up a week. Good luck as the start of the 2017 League Year approaches on Thursday!(y)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Great to see you around Kevin. Thanks for being a great contributor to the site and a true friend to the fans.

Cheers to you and GO RAMS!!!

BTW... If you notice my avatar, that is me holding the picture you had autographed and sent to me. What other team Prez does that? Thanks again.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Check the Chats section. He has done three different Q&As here. He really does stay in tune with what the members say here and probably on other forums.

He responded to something I said several years ago - an assumption I was making that was inaccurate. I really appreciate how he has his finger on the pulse of the fans.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Just a word about our new HC...

Yeah, he says all the "right things" and always does so in a very energetic and upbeat manner.

Everybody loves all that.

But know what impressed me much more?

He did such a helluva job of securing a top notch asst coaching staff and he did it very quickly. That's rubber meets the road stuff, y'all.

THAT bodes well for his future as a HC.

TBH, the only fly in the ointment for me so far is that second Tru tagging. Hopefully, they can extend him quickly and at a much more reasonable price even though it involves big guaranteed amounts.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Kevin,

While I support the new staff and approach, I have some hardball questions that linger...

McVay's offense was extremely productive but was loaded with savvy, veteran receivers, an incredible TE and a 5x Pro Bowl LT, yet they struggled in the red zone. Surely you addressed this in the interview process?

Wouldn't it be helpful to acquire a third veteran backup who is also familiar with McVay's system?

Phillips is a bit long in the tooth, though obviously still effective. Whom will he groom to take over?

What specifically happened to make you believe Fisher had lost the team and a mid season change was necessary?

Where does Phillips believe players like Barron, Quinn, Ogletree, and Joyner fit into the defensive scheme?

Who will make the final say as they debate whom to take in the draft? Snead or McVay?

What's your FA budget (roughly) this year?

Is the mindset more "let's see how good we can make this team THIS YEAR, or more like Fisher who seemed to side more on long term development?

If you want to generate more fan interest and confidence in this team, these are the itches we need scratched.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So is it safe to assume here that McVay has given Jared the playbook as of the 3rd? And can the staff talk on the phone with the players up until the 10th when they report?:thinking: