McKernan - A New Low

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Irish

Starter
There are legit fears in St. Louis that Kroenke is pulling a Major League and purposefully degrading the value of his franchise in an effort to defame an apathetic fan base and give him grounds to move his team. All Tim is doing in this article is defending his people, St. Louisians, because this town does not deserve to be taken to task in this situation.

St. Louis is an awesome football town. The ratings are huge for national broadcasts. Just give us a team worth supporting and we will do it forever. It is refreshing to us St. Louis fans to know that their are people who will defend and stand up for our town.

RamzFanz

Damnit
There are legit fears in St. Louis that Kroenke is pulling a Major League and purposefully degrading the value of his franchise in an effort to defame an apathetic fan base and give him grounds to move his team. All Tim is doing in this article is defending his people, St. Louisians, because this town does not deserve to be taken to task in this situation.

St. Louis is an awesome football town. The ratings are huge for national broadcasts. Just give us a team worth supporting and we will do it forever. It is refreshing to us St. Louis fans to know that their are people who will defend and stand up for our town.

I guess your definition of "legit" and mine differ. Sounds more like a silly rumor with no evidence to me. You really think they are all in on throwing games? How else could he "purposefully degrade" the Rams?

V3

Hall of Fame
Want to move the team? Want to increase its value by putting it in Los Angeles or even London? From a business standpoint, I get it. As a St. Louisan, I hate it, but I get it..

But, don’t you put this on the fans of St. Louis.

Damn straight!

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
There's a link to a sister-article, also on cbssports.
"when does it get better"
http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLc.../articleId/14472/When-Does-It-Get-Better.aspx

A depressing read, to be sure, starting with the 2nd paragraph: "But more than anything else, today I feel numb."

For all my optimism coming into this season, I feel the need to go back into "numb" mode, the thing that allowed me to survive the 6-42 record between 2007 and 2009 and the 15-65 from 2007-2011 (not sure my math is right). In numb mode, thoughts like this seem logical: "if we can only get to 7 wins in 2013, then there are reasons to be hopeful in 2014". And in 2013, that happened. But now in 2014, with a questionable QB situation for 2014 and a even more grim QB situation in 2015 and behind... even that logic stops making sense.

Junkman is feeling numb.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I disagreed with the parts about Bradford and Britt. But I'm sorry it was poor coaching in regards to the transparent Austin at RB, poor playcalling, and an absolute horrible decision to kick at 4th and 1. The awful clock management, the lack of any urgency at all in the 3rd and 4th quarters. You can't defend that game. This mentality of "it will get better, we're young" needs to become "This will get better, now." That game was completely unacceptable for a staff in year 3.

As for the fans, I'm not shocked or offended by Stan's silence, it's good business. But I'm not shocked, nor do I feel guilty in the slightest about not purchasing tickets or apparel for a team I'm unsure will be here. That's also good business.

Dick84

Sorry.... Today, this moment in time... The criticisms are all valid.

Tavon? Ummmmm
Oline? Ummmm.... And our number 2 pick didn't start & they were awful?
Lack of discipline? Yup.
Lack of imagination on offense? Yup.
Lack off urgency in the players and coaches? Yup.
Lack of impact players for RG3 bounty? Yup
Lack of ability to build competitive roster? Yup.
Too many gambles on injured players? Yup.

Right now all those criticisms are valid & this sure looks to be a losing season.

Year 3 the Seahawks were 11-5... The Rams will come nowhere near that & that should be all we need to judge this current leadership.

That was a catastrophic opener... & I am an ardent supporter & Kool Aid drinker. This team is not worth my time. If they ever get above .500 again, I'll start watching. But that will be 2015 at the earliest.

(Not the criticism of Bradford as a talent... But for not being proactive this offseason in bringing in a prospect with legitimate starter talent)

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
They're a good team based on what?

They won 5 games last season. They might be better this year, but we have more talent and should've been better on Sunday.

The article is about the fans that are going to be knocked for not spending their hard earned money on this product if it continues. Do you disagree with that sentiment?

The front office did everything they could to make this a good team this year and years past. We all know about the rg3 trade the draft picks and the free agents. Things haven't worked out the way the fanbase or coaching staff wanted. Again I would be more sympathetic if this was a situation where the team was completely incompetent and not trying to improve.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
They're a good team based on what?

They won 5 games last season. They might be better this year, but we have more talent and should've been better on Sunday.

The article is about the fans that are going to be knocked for not spending their hard earned money on this product if it continues. Do you disagree with that sentiment?
They won 5 games with Leslie Frazier and Bill Musgrave. Now they have Zimmer and Turner, and shellacked a team that had more wins last year and was reportedly supposed to be even better this year. Last year's records (for all teams) went out the window last week.

The rest of the article doesn't interest me at all. I met my quota of give-a-damn about relocation speculation a year ago.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
They won 5 games with Leslie Frazier and Bill Musgrave. Now they have Zimmer and Turner, and shellacked a team that had more wins last year and was reportedly supposed to be even better this year. Last year's records (for all teams) went out the window last week.

The rest of the article doesn't interest me at all. I met my quota of give-a-damn about relocation speculation a year ago.

In terms judging how good a team is, all we have to go off of is last season (plus one game now I suppose). Calling them a 'good team' just reeks of trying to justify our boys playing as poorly as they did.

Nobody knows how good the Vikings are. Too me they weren't that impressive. Felt like the Cowboys game last year. We just made far too many mistakes and unfortunately their few capitalizations put an exclamation mark on a game that should've been much closer when you look at the roster construction and coaching on both sides. That said, I'd give just about anything to have Norv Turner as the OC of the Rams.

As far as the relocation talk goes, I've reached peace with that myself. I do however agree with McKernan when he says that the fans will be unjustly blamed if the team leaves. That's the main thought behind the article.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
In terms judging how good a team is, all we have to go off of is last season (plus one game now I suppose). Calling them a 'good team' just reeks of trying to justify our boys playing as poorly as they did.
Nah, there's no agenda on my part relative to justifying our play. If the situation had been reversed, and we beat them as badly as they beat us, wouldn't their record last year be justified by you? Similarly, wouldn't our record last year mean nothing? All I'm saying is, teams have turnarounds all the time. Admittedly we don't know if they're as good as they were against us, or if we were just uncharacteristically bad. I suppose the picture will be a little more clear this weekend when we both play different teams.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Nah, there's no agenda on my part relative to justifying our play. If the situation had been reversed, and we beat them as badly as they beat us, wouldn't their record last year be justified by you? Similarly, wouldn't our record last year mean nothing? All I'm saying is, teams have turnarounds all the time. Admittedly we don't know if they're as good as they were against us, or if we were just uncharacteristically bad. I suppose the picture will be a little more clear this weekend when we both play different teams.

I was referring to the poster who my original response was directed toward when I made the '5 win' comment.

I really hope we bounce back and put a whoopin' on the Buccaneers. But with them being so bad, I'm not sure what that'll tell us about ourselves.

Then with Dallas coming the week after, we may still have no clue how good we are barring two more games like the last one.

A blowout like this week sure makes everything feel so much more urgent though.

/rambling

Rams0307

Didn't read the article, as I don't have access to Tim's site at work, but as an avid listener to TMA, I know McKernan's thoughts on the Rams. He's never been a Bradford supporter. He'll waffle between saying he's average to saying he's bad. Today he stated he was a below average QB. Whatever his take, it's hard for me to take his evaluation of talent seriously because A. I think he understates the circumstances Bradford had to work with, even though he does admit they weren't good circumstances, and B. he said he wanted RGIII before the draft in 2012 and he said he wanted Manziel before this year's draft. If someone wants a change at QB but offers up players that are worse, I don't take them seriously.

Rambition

Rookie
one thing that bears mentioning is...the rams have had a tendency to play to the level of their opponents. i fully expect them to be much more competitive when they play the seahawks, 49ers, and broncos.