McKernan - A New Low

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
This article is much better suited for RamStalk than this forum.

I'll buy into this statement. It isn't the end of the world. We still have 15 games in which the outcome has not been decided. And to write off everything because of one bad game......hell...this guy was writing off the whole franchise as if this might have been part of the overall behind the scenes Kroenke strategy.
Now did we get beat yeasterday? Yes. Can we move forward w/ better play all around. Yes. Will we? That's a very good question that has not been answered as of yet. But I'm sure many like this guy......is only a knee jerk reaction away from swearing it is.
Sometimes you got to "love" the Internet. It gives anyone the ability to be a quoted star.........

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
So....more bashing of Bradford even though he's not playing?? The rest I kind of agree with though.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
The team lost their starting quarterback and a very good veteran quarterback. How did you really expect them to play? The Vikings are a good NFL team. Deal with it.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
The team lost their starting quarterback and a very good veteran quarterback. How did you really expect them to play? The Vikings are a good NFL team. Deal with it.

They're a good team based on what?

They won 5 games last season. They might be better this year, but we have more talent and should've been better on Sunday.

The article is about the fans that are going to be knocked for not spending their hard earned money on this product if it continues. Do you disagree with that sentiment?

Limey

Rookie
That was a shocking loss, particularly as we expected to win, but we have had so many ups and downs with this team in the last year that it is hard to read too much into any single game. After Dallas last year, it seemed like the world was ending, then we battered some decent teams before the season was over. I do wonder whether Fisher takes preseason too lightly, though. We started really slow last year, and were lucky to come away with a win against AZ, and looked generally pretty poor before the bye week. I know there were injuries to deal with this preseason, particularly with the O line, so that there was little chance to get any continuity, but I wonder whether we are just under-cooked. The dumb penalties are another matter, though - they never seem to go away.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Offense looked like hell yesterday, no question. I don't find it to be acceptable, but I don't care what happened last year or any year before because the team has changed a lot.

I do feel like the coaches are willing to go generic all season. If the OL can't keep our pedestrian slew of QB's clean, there's no point in getting them beat to hell.

And if the Rams leave because of the Dome isn't good enough, that's on them. Not a dam thing wrong with The Ed. I greatly enjoyed my Gameday experience.

Driving through STL you see a lot of empty buildings and lost opportunities. It was abundantly clear this town can't afford to foot the majority of the bill of a new billion dollar stadium. It just ticks me off because people complain about the stadium that is perfectly serviceable.

It's just absurd, the whole situation.

Kroneke should just get a 10 year contract extension on The Ed at a discounted rate.

I'm convinced moving is real after going there, though. It won't happen for many years if it comes to that.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Care to tell us what you disagree with?
Absolutely! The overall negative tone of the article. IMO, that perspective is non-productive and one that I do my best to avoid.

Wonderboy

Rookie
This article is much better suited for RamStalk than this forum.

I politely disagree. I understand you think it's got a negative tone. He did kind of back-hand Bradford which I don't like. But you can't argue with the lack of a plan B going into a season in which your starting and franchise QB went down halfway through the season. But the theme of the article is that - should St. Louis lose this team (a possibility I am trying not to bring myself to believe could be REAL), you can't blame it on the fans. He's talking about us! He's saying that it will be spun to say that the fans don't support this team and giving all the VERY REAL arguments as to why that is b/s. I'm with him on THAT part of the article. I love the Rams (way more than I should), especially after the way they have treated the fans for the past 10+ years, but the problem did not start with "poor support" although it might end that way.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Care to tell us what you disagree with?

I disagree with an article that bashes Britt but never mentions Quick's outstanding plays. That bashes Robinson and doesn't mention Donald playing fantastic. That bashes the QBs without noting we were better than the Vikings in the air.

Wasn't gains pretty good? McLeod? Jenkins? Is a 4+ yards per carry now considered horrible?

The truth is the Rams didn't get many breaks. Gains dropped a sure pick six, but he did break up a number of plays. He got beat for a TD but only by inches and it was a fantastic pass and catch.

He has made the assumption that Hill was pulled and states it as fact.

The piece is a bash piece with hand picked negativity. It's a prime piece for RamStalk and deserves to be in a trash can.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
They're a good team based on what?

They won 5 games last season. They might be better this year, but we have more talent and should've been better on Sunday.

The article is about the fans that are going to be knocked for not spending their hard earned money on this product if it continues. Do you disagree with that sentiment?

This must be how the Colts and Saints fans felt last year after we bashed them. What does it all mean? "Any Given Sunday". That is all.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
This must be how the Colts and Saints fans felt last year after we bashed them. What does it all mean? "Any Given Sunday". That is all.

That is true. You just don't know...

Dolphins beat the Patriots, nuff said.

You just don't know what's gonna happen until it happens.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I disagree with an article that bashes Britt but never mentions Quick's outstanding plays. That bashes Robinson and doesn't mention Donald playing fantastic. That bashes the QBs without noting we were better than the Vikings in the air.

Wasn't gains pretty good? McLeod? Jenkins? Is a 4+ yards per carry now considered horrible?

The truth is the Rams didn't get many breaks. Gains dropped a sure pick six, but he did break up a number of plays. He got beat for a TD but only by inches and it was a fantastic pass and catch.

He has made the assumption that Hill was pulled and states it as fact.

The piece is a bash piece with hand picked negativity. It's a prime piece for RamStalk and deserves to be in a trash can.

I can respect that viewpoint but I offer an alternative.

To me I read it as a fan (McKernan is probably more emotionally invested in the local teams than 95% of the St. Louis media) who is tired of seeing the same stuff that we've been seeing the last few years, and one that's worried that the team may skip town. Personally, I'm of the viewpoint that they're as good as gone if they have another 2-4 win season. From there the main focus is on how the fans are going to be blamed if the team does bounce. It would be a damn shame if we're blamed for the faults of the organization.

Was it over the top? Yeah, probably. But I can see where he's coming from, and I think we as fans have gotten an unfair bad rap.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I can respect that viewpoint but I offer an alternative.

To me I read it as a fan (McKernan is probably more emotionally invested in the local teams than 95% of the St. Louis media) who is tired of seeing the same stuff that we've been seeing the last few years, and one that's worried that the team may skip town. Personally, I'm of the viewpoint that they're as good as gone if they have another 2-4 win season. From there the main focus is on how the fans are going to be blamed if the team does bounce. It would be a damn shame if we're blamed for the faults of the organization.

Was it over the top? Yeah, probably. But I can see where he's coming from, and I think we as fans have gotten an unfair bad rap.

I feel cheated too but I'm not making things up and cherry picking just to bash.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler

Man I sure hope so. This team has too much talent to make this Every Given Sunday.