McDaniel's backing out of the Indy job has me wondering about Luck

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
This looks like identical to what belichick and parcels did . If you have not see the new 30 for 30 the 2 bills, it's really good

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
My guess is belichick has divided that locker room and he is on his way out, these are not the patriots we are used to seeing . Seems very hostile in that organization and the coach pretty much causes them another super bowl. WHY DO WE NOT KNOW WHY BUTLER WAS PUNISHED ?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
My guess is belichick has divided that locker room and he is on his way out, these are not the patriots we are used to seeing . Seems very hostile in that organization and the coach pretty much causes them another super bowl. WHY DO WE NOT KNOW WHY BUTLER WAS PUNISHED ?

I doubt the locker room is in any shape resembling what the media thinks Adi. Belichick does a great job of laying out the rules and enforcing them. The whining from Butler, the media and the New England fans means nothing. Butler probably knows damn well what he did, and the team remaining mum on it isn't a bad thing as far as I can see.

I really hope that this signals Belichick is almost done. Because the dynasty is going to continue until that dude retires. Even without Brady they're a threat as long as that dude is running the show, he's that good that bastid.

Oh and re: McDaniels... He is going to discover that you don't want to follow a great coach, let alone the greatest ever; it is better to strike off on his own and make his bones with another organization where expectations aren't to win a Super Bowl every season. For him that isn't going to work out, because he's not Belichick and doesn't have that ability to translate to the players along with the tactical edge.

Ramon Ram

Starter
While it was a weak move by McDaniels it was for the right reasons. Family part is very understandable as who wants to keep moving their family around pulling kids out of school etc.
Very rare in that profession to stay in one place for a long period of time while raising a family.
The other part makes sense as well as BB probably said after Supe loss that he maybe has one or two years left. Keeping McD then became paramount to Kraft as losing the game, his OC and DC and then facing life without BB and Brady was too much on him and his kid.
All makes sense just sucks how it went down.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Seems very hostile in that organization and the coach pretty much causes them another super bowl. WHY DO WE NOT KNOW WHY BUTLER WAS PUNISHED ?

Wasn't he out past curfew and caught smoking weed?

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
BriSet is not that bad of a QB .

I doubt Andrew Luck is done playing football either ? The Colts did not surround him with much support , so I think that must be a priority.

Tough to imagine Luck returning to anything resembling his former self. He hasn’t thrown a football in almost 2 years and is still rehabbing his shoulder. That shoulder must be fully wrecked for it to still be this big of an issue.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Tough to imagine Luck returning to anything resembling his former self. He hasn’t thrown a football in almost 2 years and is still rehabbing his shoulder. That shoulder must be fully wrecked for it to still be this big of an issue.

- could be ? Sam Bradford & Drew Brees have Dr. Anderson to thank for part of there Financial success.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think it was all about the Patriots and not Luck. If he was worried about having a QB in place he would have accepted the Titans head Coaching position like most expected. He is close friends with the Titans GM.

I don't think sticking it to the Colts has anything to do with it. More likely, Belichick doesn't want to lose both his offensive and defensive coordinators in one off season. He also endorses McDaniels as head coaching material. After the Super bowl coupled with the divisive relationship ordeal, Bill decides he has had enough. He agrees to give it another year. Kraft, with the uncertainty of Bill also fears losing McDaniel. So they convince him to stay.

Supposedly Cousins has Minnesota on the top of his list of desired places to end up. After dealing with the Skins GM, I doubt he wants to work with Irsay. Besides, there are other QB needy teams with better rosters than Indy's.

I doubt they relocated already.

The Colts weren't allowed to officially announce it until after the Super bowl. However, it was reported weeks ago that he had chosen the Colts job over Titans job. Shortly after Tennessee announced hiring their new coach.

Actually, the DC signed so he’s def moving and the next HC is stuck with him for at least a year unless they buy him out.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
premature speculation....

they say you can treat that....

Liars by nature...we humans are....LOL....a great mind once said....
Tell Yoda to shut h.ell up, he must!

Aside from the wisdom of Yoda, normally when folks lie, they hide it. Not Josh, he's a true Richard, out loud!

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I wish I could say this surprised me....can't.

McDildo has always been an inconsiderate and immature s*** hole, this just reinforced that notion.
I would have been livid had the Rams hired this jackass instead of Coach McVay.

:rolllaugh::rolllaugh::rolllaugh:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Actually, the DC signed so he’s def moving and the next HC is stuck with him for at least a year unless they buy him out.

If the new guy doesn't like the coach he is going to want to kill McDaniels LOL

Well, it's not like they have a reputation to protect LOL

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Here is how I see it using the theory of Occam's Razor:

1. McDaniels has said yes to Colts, hired on staff and packed his stuff at the Cheatriots.
2. Colts announce him as coach.
3. Kraft and Billy boy pull McDaniels into the office hours before he is set to sign the Colts contract.
4. After several hours in that meeting, he comes out and informs the Colts he is staying with Patriots of New England.

The last minute meeting dictates that Luck's arm most likely has nothing to do with it and that it has all to do with what the Patriots are offering.

McDaniels has an ego so I highly doubt more money in his contract stops him from becoming a head coach again. That most likely leaves the Cheeters Head Coaching position being offered to him once Buttface retires.

What I would like to know is why did Kraft cheese and Bilicheat wait so long to offer him what they knew he wanted most? Was it Billnblow making it clear he wants to retire soon or was it both him and Bobby LoveKraft trying to stick it to the Colts after deflate gate?
Love your nick names.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
It's a character flaw to me. He doesn't know his own mind or his word means cr@p (or both). Sure, the assistant coaches hired have jobs this season, but what incoming HC really wants assistants foisted upon him? They better be d@mn good or they won't last past a year, imo. This is just a shyte show, starring a selfish opportunist, Jeffy.
If I'm craft. There is no way I offer a head coaching job to a guy you can't trust his word. A guy that can be manipulated. Or who can be bought, with no scruples. It's like dating a woman who's cheating on her husband. Why would you marry her.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Hell yes it is. Quality up top and throughout. One of the best in a long time IMO.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He's a turd for doing what he did, especially after going out and getting several staff members. It is going to hurt his reputation IMO.

People are wondering if BB is retiring and JMcD has the HC job in NE on his plate.

I don't see BB retiring anytime soon, not as long as Brady is playing at a high level.

So I'm wondering if he was told, or found out, that Luck's shoulder isn't healing correctly or is possibly permanently damaged.

That could make a guy change his mind.
I mentioned this the other day too. I'm not so sure Luck is OK.