Maybe only mostly retired...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
I must say, it doesn't bother me much. It was inevitable so this kind of ripped the bandaid off and now let's see how they address it going forward.

I think he was used as a crutch for the defense. McSnead just counted on him to hold down the fort with a bunch of guys named Joe for the most part...at least on the DL.

Now maybe they will start to load up that DL the way the Niners & Eagles do. They might not take a step back at all over these next 3 yrs. Sure this yr might be tough, but if they add a couple of top guys to Turner & Brown, they might be very good.
Beyond the loss of his obvious talent the Rams must also replace his leadership you can’t get that from rookies and you can’t count on it (but can look for it) FAs. So EJIII, Turner, BBrown, BYoung, Hoecht(?), Lake(?) you are up.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
And this... ENOUGH of THIS TALK. :crying:

1710626297737.png

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Hey Matthew Stafford, this guy wants to have a word with you.

Turducken

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
She's already said on her podcast she's been asking Matthew to retire for years and he always just tells her "nah."
That's what I see. He gets to make the call on when to hang them up and she gets to vent a bit on her podcast. Seems like a healthy compromise.

The ppl who get worked up over it are more annoying than she is.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
We all deal with heartbreaking news in different ways. I understand that most on ROD are accepting that it's a 100% certainty that AD is sticking to his retirement.

As for me, I'd prefer to hold out a glimmer of a hope that AD might change his mind. People have complicated and often contradictory feelings. I can guarantee that there will be some days that AD will miss the game so much that he'll feel tempted to come back.

With football, AD was a workaholic passionate freak. How easy will it be for him to transition to the boring life of hanging out at home with his kids?

Below, a link to a list of NFL stars who famously "un-retired" after calling it quits. (Brady, Gronk, Favre, Deion, Marshawn Lynch, Ricky Williams, R Cunningham, Charles Haley, and Reggie White, just to name a few). I think there's a very small chance that AD changes his mind. Maybe only a 5% chance. But I've seen enough guys "un-retire" that I just don't think the odds are zero. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Sucks that AD is no longer a Ram. But he isnt playing for anyone else so thats the best we could hope for. I would love for him to come back but wont count on it.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
AD strikes me as more of a Barry Sanders type than any of those that in-retired

Not saying it can’t happen, but I’m also not setting myself up to be disappointed again when he doesn’t come back come playoff time

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
AD strikes me as more of a Barry Sanders type than any of those that in-retired

Not saying it can’t happen, but I’m also not setting myself up to be disappointed again when he doesn’t come back come playoff time
Well, Barry announced his retirement and he gained 50 lbs during the offseason that year. I wonder what AD will look like in September?

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Well, Barry announced his retirement and he gained 50 lbs during the offseason that year. I wonder what AD will look like in September?
Wise words Loyal - no blue font (even if you are literally the only one here who knows how to do that :)). Let’s keep pressing and hope for some magic in the playoffs!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

AD will look like he’s ready to suit up and taunt us with his physique… I don’t sweat Barry letting go… dude took crazy punishment for 10 years… I’m surprised any RB who’s played 10+ years can walk, let alone move around

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Barry Sanders was always on mediocre teams... wild card at best....Lions were 5-11 in his final season.

By contrast, I still think Rams have a shot at being SB contenders this year. You gotta think some of his Ram teammates are going to be harassing him all season to come back....

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
scenario.... rams are looking good, steamrolling to the Superbowl but needing some inside help. Donald notices a need for him and comes back not missing a beat and takes us to the Superbowl for the win. go rams. yes, he has Chuck Norris's status.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That's what I see. He gets to make the call on when to hang them up and she gets to vent a bit on her podcast. Seems like a healthy compromise.

The ppl who get worked up over it are more annoying than she is.
Yep. And the lesson is there's a point where it's not healthy for men to listen to women. To include their podcasts. Where you're better off tuning them out.

Now I know some will get all bent out of shape at such a suggestion. But it's true. We're wired differently. A little tuning out can be healthy on both sides of that coin.