Maybe only mostly retired...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Turducken

Starter
mostlydead.jpg

"The restructured contract, in light of Donald’s retirement, reads a bit more like salary cap maneuvering by the Rams to keep the door open to Donald possibly coming back to the team. If both sides were 100% on the retirement they would have simply bought his salary this year down to $1.21 million and taken out the option and roster bonuses..."

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
100% not buying it.
Meaning I’m not buying a possible comeback as the reason they structured it this way.

The article points out various possibilities.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
They could have just offered him the Brett Favre treatment and said he didn't have to come to training camp or pre-season.
It's not like he doesn't know how to play.

Turducken

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
100% not buying it.
Meaning I’m not buying a possible comeback as the reason they structured it this way.

The article points out various possibilities.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240315_204647_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240315_204647_Chrome.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 27

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I'm still in denial mode anyway, so I'll roll with this.

AD is gonna now have a million people asking him every day, "Why did you retire when the Rams were all set up for another Championship run?"

Is he retired, or Princess Bride "mostly retired"?

I for one wouldn't be shocked if he changes his mind sometime in the next 9 months.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I'm still in denial mode anyway, so I'll roll with this.

AD is gonna now have a million people asking him every day, "Why did you retire when the Rams were all set up for another Championship run?"

Is he retired, or Princess Bride "mostly retired"?

I for one wouldn't be shocked if he changes his mind sometime in the next 9 months.
1000003286.jpg

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I hate that he is no longer a Ram, but it is time to move on and look toward the future. We as Ram fans will remember Donald as one of the all-time greats and are thankful for his time with the Rams. Thanks for the memories my friend, you will not be forgotten.

Fidelis

Semper Fi
Name
Fidelis
I hate that he is no longer a Ram, but it is time to move on and look toward the future. We as Ram fans will remember Donald as one of the all-time greats and are thankful for his time with the Rams. Thanks for the memories my friend, you will not be forgotten.
He will FOREVER be a Ram!!! Just like Once A Marine, Always A Marine

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Oh, Aaron…
When you played, all the QBs were shaking
But you retired today
Oh, Aaron…
We will miss you, of that, no mistaking
There’s not much left to say
Oh, Aaron

dang

Legend
Oh, Aaron…
When you played, all the QBs were shaking
But you retired today
Oh, Aaron…
We will miss you, of that, no mistaking
There’s not much left to say
Oh, Aaron
Sung to the tune of Black Sabbath’s War Pigs?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I must say, it doesn't bother me much. It was inevitable so this kind of ripped the bandaid off and now let's see how they address it going forward.

I think he was used as a crutch for the defense. McSnead just counted on him to hold down the fort with a bunch of guys named Joe for the most part...at least on the DL.

Now maybe they will start to load up that DL the way the Niners & Eagles do. They might not take a step back at all over these next 3 yrs. Sure this yr might be tough, but if they add a couple of top guys to Turner & Brown, they might be very good.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I must say, it doesn't bother me much. It was inevitable so this kind of ripped the bandaid off and now let's see how they address it going forward.

I think he was used as a crutch for the defense. McSnead just counted on him to hold down the fort with a bunch of guys named Joe for the most part...at least on the DL.

Now maybe they will start to load up that DL the way the Niners & Eagles do. They might not take a step back at all over these next 3 yrs. Sure this yr might be tough, but if they add a couple of top guys to Turner & Brown, they might be very good.
Agreed. The Rams having their hands forced, vs ending up milking out his career and paying him big money as a situational rusher out of respect for who he is. Looking at the two possibilities perhaps he did the team and himself a favor here.

Plus I love seeing him punch out while he's still got QBs shaking in their boots. I also hate seeing him go of course. But now that I've had time to sit on this a bit I commend it. Sanders made a statement going out early on his terms. AD same thing and it shows that high standard.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
NEW BUCKET LIST ITEM UNLOCKED: To be at SoFi when they unveil the Aaron Donald statue and induct him into the Ring of Honor