May have to consider trading up for Clowney

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Quinn contuinues to dominate and Clowney is everything they say he is could we afford to keep both of them when they get monster contracts? Elite pass rushers make a lot of jack.

That is a problem id be okay with having

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here is a question for you....in 83' in hindsight, would you trade Dickerson and Ellard, the Rams top two picks that year, for Elway? They are two of the greatest modern era Rams. I loved Dickerson, ran around my yard pretending I was him, he is my avatar on this sight, but hell I would throw in Mike Whilcher from that same draft in order to get Elway! In the big picture, he was as dominant player for years.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Here is a question for you....in 83' in hindsight, would you trade Dickerson and Ellard, the Rams top two picks that year, for Elway? They are two of the greatest modern era Rams. I loved Dickerson, ran around my yard pretending I was him, he is my avatar on this sight, but hell I would throw in Mike Whilcher from that same draft in order to get Elway! In the big picture, he was as dominant player for years.

Well hell yes I would but were not talking about a Hall of fame QB here, this is a guy that plays on the same side of the Dline as MR. Robert Quinn who got screwed out of the Decon Jones award this year. A hall of fame QB trumps a hall of fame DE by a long shot.

2009, you have the 10th pick do you trade up for Aaron Curry or trade down and take Alex Mack and Jairus Byrd and LeSean McCoy with the pick you would have traded up with. This game is really fun.

A55VA6

Legend
But whats gonna help this team more? 2 more potential starters to add to our team with those 2 extra picks or an extra pass rusher added to the best pass rush in the NFL already?

I feel you man, Obviously I'd like the extra picks to add starters onto the roster but I just feel like it's time for the Rams to go for quality instead of quantity and get that potential star. Can you imagine Clowney, Quinn, Long, etc. all rushing the passer at once on passing downs? I mean.. offenses won't even have a damn chance.

I'm not opposed to trading for more picks, I just think if Clowney is sitting there in our lap and it's our turn... I just don't think we can pass on him. It would really have to depend on what deals teams are offering look like. If a team blows us away with a deal, it'd probably be smart to take it. But I think their eyes should be set on Clowney and if he goes #1, trade out.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I feel you man, Obviously I'd like the extra picks to add starters onto the roster but I just feel like it's time for the Rams to go for quality instead of quantity and get that potential star. Can you imagine Clowney, Quinn, Long, etc. all rushing the passer at once on passing downs? I mean.. offenses won't even have a damn chance.

I'm not opposed to trading for more picks, I just think if Clowney is sitting there in our lap and it's our turn... I just don't think we can pass on him. It would really have to depend on what deals teams are offering look like. If a team blows us away with a deal, it'd probably be smart to take it. But I think their eyes should be set on Clowney and if he goes #1, trade out.

Im not opposed to taking clowney and I cant even begin to imagine how good that pass rush would be, but as good as it is already if we can get a decent deal to trade back thats the route I would go. This draft isnt like the drafts we have seen the last few years all the experts say its like 25 guys deep that would have been top 5 picks in the last several drafts so if we do trade down were still getting a blue chip player plus adding at least an extra second I would think and that second this year is like another first rounder in the years past so if you look at it like that we could land 4 guys with first round talent.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I wouldnt hate it - as long as the price was reasonable. From Houston's persective - if they are going to take a QB, you would be hard pressed to trade down to 6 where you put yourself behind 3 QB needy teams. From STLs perspective, we have 12 picks in this draft! If they think that Clowney is what some think he is - then go get him.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Top Ten Jadeveon Clowney Facts

1. Clowney does not sleep. He waits.

2. When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Clowney.

3. In fine print on the last page of the Guinness Book of World Records it notes that all world records are held by Clowney, and those listed in the book are simply the closest anyone else has ever gotten.

4. Crop circles are Clowney's way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie the f*ck down.

5. Clowney is ten feet tall, weighs two-tons, breathes fire, and could eat a hammer and take a shotgun blast standing.

6. Clowney can touch MC Hammer.

7. Clowney ordered a Big Mac at Burger King, and got one.

8. Clowney can pee pee into gale force winds.

9. Clowney can slam a revolving door.

10. The Rams will not trade up for Jadeveon Clowney.

*Shamelessly borrowed from...*

#4 made me spew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I would lose all faith in Snisher if we traded up one damn spot for Clowney. For this biggest non-need of our team that would be plain stupid.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor

2. When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Clowney.

3. In fine print on the last page of the Guinness Book of World Records it notes that all world records are held by Clowney, and those listed in the book are simply the closest anyone else has ever gotten.

4. Crop circles are Clowney's way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie the f*ck down.

5. Clowney is ten feet tall, weighs two-tons, breathes fire, and could eat a hammer and take a shotgun blast standing.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The Bus

UDFA
Name
Chad
Why not? If you can get away with flipping one pick to move up one, it might be worth it if he is such a freak and they are confident his character is solid.

Being this close to getting him, it would be a shame if they don't pursue the opportunity. If they can trade up for Austin why not this guy?

Plus with all their picks, they have to have confidence they can find pieces late in this draft that can fill needs. They can also recoup a pick by trading down from 13 as well.

Where can I find the stuff your on?

tonyl711

Starter
don't see this happening, in fact if Clowney is there at #2 IMO we trade with Atlanta, with the Dline we already have it wouldn't make much sense passing up area's of need just to take a player who has potential but also red flags.

I know I will hear how he is a once in a generation talent and we will regret not taking him, but if he doesn't reach his potential wouldn't we also regret taking him? a lot of what the so called experts call cant miss talent does in fact miss.

if we take Clowney I will root for him, but I hope that's not the case.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Id rather stick my penis in a meat grinder than the rams giving up a pick to move up to one it would more than likely take there other first or a second rounder and future picks.

Nah , take the trade, your penis MAY come in "hand-e" some day.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Why not? If you can get away with flipping one pick to move up one, it might be worth it if he is such a freak and they are confident his character is solid.

Being this close to getting him, it would be a shame if they don't pursue the opportunity. If they can trade up for Austin why not this guy?

Plus with all their picks, they have to have confidence they can find pieces late in this draft that can fill needs. They can also recoup a pick by trading down from 13 as well.

This just can't happen. Texans either take him or leave him.

If they want him so bad they won't trade.

If they don't want him, Rams don't trade.

The trade would require that they don't want him and are willing to go to two and take a QB but that they are also wanting that QB.

It would be interesting to hold him hostage over the Rams though to see what they could get just as the Rams will hold him hostage over other teams to see what they will get.

OK, I'm talking myself out of it.

If they knew the Rams coveted him, they could go to two, pick up another pick (not 13), and still get their QB.

The Rams could then trade the #1 pick for a bounty!

I love the pre-draft. :)

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Oh come on, only Chuck Norris can do those things.