May have to consider trading up for Clowney

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Why not? If you can get away with flipping one pick to move up one, it might be worth it if he is such a freak and they are confident his character is solid.

Being this close to getting him, it would be a shame if they don't pursue the opportunity. If they can trade up for Austin why not this guy?

Plus with all their picks, they have to have confidence they can find pieces late in this draft that can fill needs. They can also recoup a pick by trading down from 13 as well.

iced

no way - don't wanna give away picks in a very deep draft

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Id rather stick my penis in a meat grinder than the rams giving up a pick to move up to one it would more than likely take there other first or a second rounder and future picks.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Id rather just chose from watkins/matthews/robinson/mack

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Our glaring weakness on the D-line, especially at DE, dictates that the Rams should absolutely trade up to select Clowney.

He's a once in a millennium player who has so much physical ability that he may end up one day ruling the world through sheer upside alone.

I'd offer our first rounders for the next five years. Minimum.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Our glaring weakness on the D-line, especially at DE, dictates that the Rams should absolutely trade up to select Clowney.

He's a once in a millennium player who has so much physical ability that he may end up one day ruling the world through sheer upside alone.

I'd offer our first rounders for the next five years. Minimum.

Hell lets throw in Quinn and Long too clowney is the only pass rusher we need.

Id rather stick my penis in a meat grinder than the rams giving up a pick to move up to one it would more than likely take there other first or a second rounder and future picks.

I agree with RamsJunkie, I'd rather stick his penis in a meat grinder than the rams giving up a pick to move up.

A55VA6

Legend
Clowney is probably my #1 guy right now. Looks like he'll go #1 but if he doesn't he's probably ours.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't be mad about taking him anymore, the idea is growing on me. But if Houston passes on him, then I hope someone offers us a slew of picks to trade up for him.

A55VA6

Legend
I wouldn't be mad about taking him anymore, the idea is growing on me. But if Houston passes on him, then I hope someone offers us a slew of picks to trade up for him.
It would have to be a big offer for us to pass on him.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
It would have to be a big offer for us to pass on him.

Id be ok with a trade down with ATL and getting there 2nd and 3rd or there second and a 1st next year. this draft is so deep we could fill every hole we have with 2 picks in each of the first 3 rounds, assuming they hit on the picks.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Top Ten Jadeveon Clowney Facts

1. Clowney does not sleep. He waits.

2. When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Clowney.

3. In fine print on the last page of the Guinness Book of World Records it notes that all world records are held by Clowney, and those listed in the book are simply the closest anyone else has ever gotten.

4. Crop circles are Clowney's way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie the f*ck down.

5. Clowney is ten feet tall, weighs two-tons, breathes fire, and could eat a hammer and take a shotgun blast standing.

6. Clowney can touch MC Hammer.

7. Clowney ordered a Big Mac at Burger King, and got one.

8. Clowney can piss into gale force winds.

9. Clowney can slam a revolving door.

10. The Rams will not trade up for Jadeveon Clowney.

*Shamelessly borrowed from...*

A55VA6

Legend
Id be ok with a trade down with ATL and getting there 2nd and 3rd or there second and a 1st next year. this draft is so deep we could fill every hole we have with 2 picks in each of the first 3 rounds, assuming they hit on the picks.
Yeah you're right it's a deep draft and we could get some good players... but Clowney is a rare talent. I think if Clowney is available - pick him. If Texans take him, trade the pick.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Yeah you're right it's a deep draft and we could get some good players... but Clowney is a rare talent. I think if Clowney is available - pick him. If Texans take him, trade the pick.

But whats gonna help this team more? 2 more potential starters to add to our team with those 2 extra picks or an extra pass rusher added to the best pass rush in the NFL already?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
there isnt a chance in hades we trade up
If you step back and look at the big picture. ..meaning the next 10 years, Clowney and Quinn could dominate the league, long after Long is long gone. That is what I look at....it would be like the Rams passing on Megatron because we have a 29 year old Torry Holt, and we want to use the potentially traded pick on a guy like Saffold and that is if that potentially traded pick works out.

So in this draft say you have to burn #44 and #2, and those picks give you two solid to maybe even one pro bowl player, but if Clowney is the next Reggie White and or Lawerence Taylor, who would dominate the league, we would look back and wonder why the Rams did not make a move. That is all I am saying...think big picture.

iced

Top Ten Jadeveon Clowney Facts

1. Clowney does not sleep. He waits.

2. When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Clowney.

3. In fine print on the last page of the Guinness Book of World Records it notes that all world records are held by Clowney, and those listed in the book are simply the closest anyone else has ever gotten.

4. Crop circles are Clowney's way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie the f*ck down.

5. Clowney is ten feet tall, weighs two-tons, breathes fire, and could eat a hammer and take a shotgun blast standing.

6. Clowney can touch MC Hammer.

7. Clowney ordered a Big Mac at Burger King, and got one.

8. Clowney can pee pee into gale force winds.

9. Clowney can slam a revolving door.

10. The Rams will not trade up for Jadeveon Clowney.

*Shamelessly borrowed from...*

lol i knew it as soon as i read the first one.

"Clowney created giraffes when he uppercutted a horse."
"Clowney doesn't do push ups - he pushes the earth down."

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
If Quinn contuinues to dominate and Clowney is everything they say he is could we afford to keep both of them when they get monster contracts? Elite pass rushers make a lot of jack.