matt flynn is about to lose his job again

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
Terrelle Pryor Is making plays running and passing. Looks like a different Qb. He has a rushing td and a passing td. If he doesnt win the job there is a serious problem

bluecoconuts

Legend
I dunno if I would go that far, but that would be interesting. Although if he continues to improve he'll get a chance to start.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
I dunno if I would go that far, but that would be interesting. Although if he continues to improve he'll get a chance to start.

I would go that Farr matt flynn is garbage

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Flynn looks bad but Pryor is garbage. Raiders are just terrible.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
lockdnram21 said:
jrry32 said:

You obviously didnt watch the game.

I don't have to watch a preseason game. Pryor is garbage.

lockdnram21

Legend
jrry32 said:
lockdnram21 said:
jrry32 said:

Yea ok you dont know football buddy. The kid can play. Running qbs are taking over

A55VA6

Legend
Flynn has looked terrible this preseason. Pryor has actually made some nice plays. If I were the Raiders coach, I might just throw Pryor out there. Not much else you can do at this point.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
lockdnram21 said:
jrry32 said:
lockdnram21 said:
jrry32 said:

Yea ok you dont know football buddy. The kid can play. Running qbs are taking over

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

Yep, lets ignore his poor accuracy, inability to read defenses, atrocious mechanics/footwork and complete lack of the mental skills needed to play the QB position because he can run and looks decent against backups in the preseason.

Maybe the Raiders should trade for Tyrod Taylor...after all, he's been tearing up the preseason and can run. He's gotta be the next big thing.

Nay, it's my knowledge of football which allows me to know that Pryor is trash.

FYI, look at Pryor's stats in the 3rd preseason game in 2012:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012082553/2012/PRE3/lions@raiders#menu=highlights&tab=analyze" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201208255 ... ab=analyze</a>

And guess what...he played in 2012 in the regular season at the end of the year and sucked.

A55VA6

Legend
Flynn: 13 drives, 10 pts
Pryor: 10 drives, 26 pts

Tonights game:
Flynn: 3/6, 19 yds, 2 INT's
Pryor: 7/9, 93 yds, 1 TD, 37 yds rushing, 1 Rushing TD

All signs point to Pryor performing better. Why not make him the starter and see how things go? The Raiders have to do something.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A55VA6 said:

Tonights game:

All signs point to Pryor performing better. Why not make him the starter and see how things go? The Raiders have to do something.

Go ahead. Flynn won't get it done behind their OL. At least Pryor can move...but he's still a bad QB.

fearsomefour

Legend
Pryor has said that he is just now learning the right way to throw the ball....which really brings a lot of things into question. His work ethic and coachability mainly.
The measurables he is way better than Flynn. He does have a stronger arm and is way more mobile. But, I dont think he is close to being game ready in the NFL. After a couple of weeks when teams can mix D looks and game plan for him....will probably get ugly. But, remember, the biggest thing the Raiders were getting with trading for Flynn was a lower salary. So it goes when a franchise is put into that kind of situation. That QB battle may just come down to who can do the least damage while they are out on the field.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
jrry32 said:
lockdnram21 said:
jrry32 said:
lockdnram21 said:
jrry32 said:

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

Yep, lets ignore his poor accuracy, inability to read defenses, atrocious mechanics/footwork and complete lack of the mental skills needed to play the QB position because he can run and looks decent against backups in the preseason.

Maybe the Raiders should trade for Tyrod Taylor...after all, he's been tearing up the preseason and can run. He's gotta be the next big thing.

Nay, it's my knowledge of football which allows me to know that Pryor is trash.

FYI, look at Pryor's stats in the 3rd preseason game in 2012:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012082553/2012/PRE3/lions@raiders#menu=highlights&tab=analyze" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201208255 ... ab=analyze</a>

And guess what...he played in 2012 in the regular season at the end of the year and sucked.

:LOLLLL:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
lockdnram21 said:
jrry32 said:
lockdnram21 said:
jrry32 said:

[hilite]Yea ok you dont know football buddy[/hilite]. The kid can play. Running qbs are taking over

We don't do that here.

Rule #3.

lockdnram21

Legend
jrry32 said:
A55VA6 said:

Tonights game:

Go ahead. Flynn won't get it done behind their OL. At least Pryor can move...but he's still a bad QB.

You act like a player cant improve. Im not saying that hes rogers or peyton but hes improved on his accuracy and decision making. Reminds me of cam newton or collin kap

A55VA6

Legend
jrry32 said:
A55VA6 said:

Tonights game:

I'm just saying if this was the Rams QB situation, which would you choose? Pryor or Flynn? Give the guy a chance.

BobCarl

Rookie
lockdnram21 said:
Terrelle Pryor Is making plays running and passing. Looks like a different Qb. He has a rushing td and a passing td. If he doesnt win the job there is a serious problem

Though Pryor may end up starting some games this season, it is only because the Raiders can't afford to pay for a bonified NFL starting QB. If Prior (spelling a Freudian slip) was on any of the other 31 teams, he would not have a chance to start.

that being said ... Pryor was expected to be cut, but he made awesome progress, and earned a spot on the team.

I wish the guy would be a wR ... 6 foot 5 inches and runs a 4.3 40-yard dash? OMG

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
BobCarl said:
lockdnram21 said:

Though Pryor may end up starting some games this season, it is only because the Raiders can't afford to pay for a bonified NFL starting QB. If Prior (spelling a Freudian slip) was on any of the other 31 teams, he would not have a chance to start.

that being said ... Pryor was expected to be cut, but he made awesome progress, and earned a spot on the team.

I wish the guy would be a wR ... 6 foot 5 inches and runs a 4.3 40-yard dash? OMG
That's probably not on his to-do list. The Rams tried to convert Crouch into a wide receiver, and he wanted nothing to do with it. Is there any indication that the Raiders would be open to running a read-option offense to tailor to his skill set?

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Wow, the Raiders are going to stink this year, I think they are in line for that #1 pick.
If they were really stupid they would pick Clowney. Watched that guy sucking air in the FIRST quarter the other night and wondered what all the hype was about.

One highlight is good enough for the LOSER franchises, but not for us.