Mason's Run

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20141...gameinfo|contentId:0ap3000000436234&tab=recap

So I was watching this, and saw Austin ran very nice interference for Mason way downfield, getting in the way of the last two defenders who might have gotten to Mason. Just a nice little contribution that doesn't show up in Austin's stat line.

Also, the video shows Mason's celebration that got flagged. I'm still not sure why it was flagged - I thought it was group celebrations that were against the rules.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014113007/2014/REG13/raiders@rams#menu=gameinfo|contentId:0ap3000000436234&tab=recap

So I was watching this, and saw Austin ran very nice interference for Mason way downfield, getting in the way of the last two defenders who might have gotten to Mason. Just a nice little contribution that doesn't show up in Austin's stat line.

Also, the video shows Mason's celebration that got flagged. I'm still not sure why it was flagged - I thought it was group celebrations that were against the rules.

Austin is awesome

Got flagged because he went to the ground, new rule.

V3

Hall of Fame
That can't be why they flag him, can it?

Geez!

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
What is this rule about going to the ground when celebrating? I have not heard that one

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Yes, Austin did take out one and then delayed/obstructed the other defender (in a good way, not in a penalty sense of mind).

I was watching it on the internet and saw him come in. Won't show up in the stats but is a huge contribution that will get praise from the coaches and teammates.

RamzFanz

Damnit
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014113007/2014/REG13/raiders@rams#menu=gameinfo|contentId:0ap3000000436234&tab=recap

It's the first thing I noticed. Damn that TA is fast because Mason is fast and was running full speed when TA draws up from behind, blocks a player, crosses over, blocks another, then catches up with Mason. What?!?! :)

RamzFanz

Damnit
I thought it was because TA pulled off his helmet on the field of play. They didn't explain it at the game either.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
It's the first thing I noticed. Damn that TA is fast because Mason is fast and was running full speed when TA draws up from behind, blocks a player, crosses over, blocks another, then catches up with Mason. What?!?! :)
the scary speed and hands and size on offense has become very apparent. get an arm under center with extra beef up front and this is a top 5 offense. which in turn helps create a top 5 defense. which we will get to see in another 8 months...

RamzFanz

Damnit
the scary speed and hands and size on offense has become very apparent. get an arm under center with extra beef up front and this is a top 5 offense. which in turn helps create a top 5 defense. which we will get to see in another 8 months...

Last week they blew it with penalties. This should have been the third blowout in a row IMHO.

Next season with Quick back, X factor QB (hopefully SB stays healthy!), and some serious O line help... OMG!

Honestly, by the end of this season, I think everyone is going to be comfortable with SB / Hill / Future QB?.

SierraRam

Recreational User
What is this rule about going to the ground when celebrating? I have not heard that one

I heard that the celebration can't be excessive or choreographed... huh? What about dunking over the goal post or jumping in the stands?

Whatever - the funny part is we give them 15 yards and Legatron still kicks it to the goal line!

RamzFanz

Damnit
I heard that the celebration can't be excessive or choreographed... huh? What about dunking over the goal post or jumping in the stands?

Whatever - the funny part is we give them 15 yards and Legatron still kicks it to the goal line!

They banned dunking. No Fun League

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I just don't see how what Mason did is anything worse than all of the other touchdown celebrations we see on a weekly basis.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff

The Ghost of Denny Green lives on.. The NFL has got to corporate and controlling like many things in our lives. They and others want to dictate how people act and what they do. Myself, I see no harm in a celebration, especially if it only lasts for a 20 to 30 seconds. it's actually part of the entertainment to me. Glad to see someone happy for what they did after a TD.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The first thing I saw was the Grand Canyon. Then I saw Harkey deny a defender the path to Mason.
Then I saw Mason do a great Adrian Peterson impression all the way to glory. All the while, Austin was jogging past guys to get the final block.

RamzFanz

Damnit
The first thing I saw was the Grand Canyon. Then I saw Harkey deny a defender the path to Mason.
Then I saw Mason do a great Adrian Peterson impression all the way to glory. All the while, Austin was jogging past guys to get the final block.

Harkey lit that dude up.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

I don't think you can even leave your feet. Unless your in Wisconsin.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff

Maybe you should look again? Barksdale blew that cat all the way to the other side. Look at number 72 on the OL. He owned the cat..

MintyWaryBullfrog.gif

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff

or are you calling Barks the Grand Canyon? lol My apologies if so.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
or are you calling Barks the Grand Canyon? lol My apologies if so.
Yes. That's where it all begins.
It was a thing of beauty.
I couldn't think of a bigger hole for the complement. Maybe the Mariana Trench.