Mason and Ireland on Case Keenum

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Talking points for the Case Keenum crowd;

1. "He's not going to throw a pick-six."
  2. "Gotta give him credit for not pushing it when it isn't there..."
  3. "that's the play-book (explaining lack of production)"
  4. "if you put Goff in, turnovers go up (oh, my!)"

In summary; the most important stat in football is turnover differential and that's why Case Keenum is the Rams starting QB.

Personally, I'm looking forward to a new narrative for this team.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
I'm looking forward to Goff starting but if he can benefit from sitting and learning then I will wait. I expect I wont be waitng long.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Unless this Mason & Ireland is Allie & Kathy, I don't think I will be clicking.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Gentlemen, regardless of how you spin it, Keenum is still the girl with a great personality.
new-girl-jess-zooey-big-personality.gif

Last edited:

Bruce2980

Starter
Keenum almost had two pick sixes in this pre season. But with that said, he didn't do anything yesterday "to lose this game" with our awesome Ds balls out playing. But he can't stretch the field and Gurley is getting smacked at the line of scrimmage on every dam play. If Gurley can get past the first line of D he can be a home run hitter, and that is going to win games, not Keenum. Hurry up Goff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I said in another post that's exactly the kinda game fisher wants from Keemun albiet with a better running game

But let's not be silly that kinda offensive production. Is not going to win us too many games. Teams are not going to be scared of case ...I'm not berating fish to start Goff but I'd rather see him sooner rather later

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
But he can't stretch the field
Sure he can.
And does.

You're confusing what he's doing (by offensive design) with what he's physically capable of doing.
This is what he did in his last year in Houston (2013) with Andre Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins.

5dadf72bd05648bf9ce14dc1e066f3ca.png

For contrast, here's Aaron Rodgers from 2013:

0c55305443d24dfda8b2dea1ea3406a1.png

Kentuckyrams

Pro Bowler
So does that mean that putting in Goff would or wouldn't change the offense? Would it just be more Fisherball? And if that's the case (no pun intended), then why give up so much for Goff?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Sure he can.
And does.

You're confusing what he's doing (by offensive design) with what he's physically capable of doing.
This is what he did in his last year in Houston (2013) with Andre Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins.

There you go with those facts again, not to mention his game yesterday what did he have 5 completions over 25 yards? You know you're DNA rifle blocking the Goff crowd :ROFLMAO:

Bruce2980

Starter
Sure he can.
And does.

Maybe some offensive designs are designed around a players abilities.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

In summary; the most important stat in football is turnover differential and that's why Case Keenum is the Rams starting QB.

Ok but Keenum does have 2 int on the season so I don't think the mistake free card belongs in his deck.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Keenum did an overall good job yesterday, however, there easily could have been one or two pick 6's. One in particular was that screen pass to Austin(?) that bounced off of his stone hands into the air, between two Hawk defenders....It was pure luck we didn't get killed on that one...and even though it wasn't in Keenum's power to stop his WR from creating a jump ball, Keenum would have been blamed for the turn over and the lost game. There would be pro-Goffers in here crucifying pro-Keenumers....lol

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

they know very little about basketball...hence why they love DeAngelo Russell...and that lil armed guy at power forward....

And they know less about football.....Keenum has 2 turnovers in the 2016 season....it's not about what you know, it's what you can PROVE...

and, I know Goff was a turnover machine this preseason, but damn he throws a pretty ball...

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78

Makes sense, unless you disregard Keenum's 0 TD 2 INT performance a week ago.

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
Keenum was pretty awful, and has been for two games now.

I like the guy, but inaccurate passes have hurt us, small size has hurt us, and taking sacks that he could have thrown away almost cost us the game yesterday (took us out of field goal range, and shortened our drives).

The system and playcalling is also bad, so it's not all on Keenum.

Goff should be starting by next game. I doubt he will be, but he should be. He can make the same mistakes Keenum makes and learn from them, while offering a lot more threatening play across the middle and down the sidelines. It seems pretty clear at this point.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Keenum almost had two pick sixes in this pre season. But with that said, he didn't do anything yesterday "to lose this game" with our awesome Ds balls out playing. But he can't stretch the field and Gurley is getting smacked at the line of scrimmage on every dam play. If Gurley can get past the first line of D he can be a home run hitter, and that is going to win games, not Keenum. Hurry up Goff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have read this before and I don't get it. What specifically do you mean Keenum can't stretch the field? Did he not throw a 40 yard pass down the left sideline to Kendricks yesterday?

Not taking sides in the Keenum versus Goff debate. Just stating that when the Rams run a play-action pass and a receiver runs down the field, Keenum has the arm strength to get the ball there.

To me, it's the offensive philosophy. If you put Goff in the game, are the Rams all of sudden going to start throwing the ball 30 - 40 yards downfield every other time they throw the ball? I don't think so. I was at camp in Irvine for 5 or 6 of the 11-on-11 practices and a majority of the time the passes go to short and intermediate routes.