Mariota

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm hoping that when the Rams pick in the first round of 2014, Mariota and/or Winston is available. They trade down with that team getting their 1st rounder in 2016. That team craps the bed in 2015 a la Washington, and the Rams draft Hackenburg with the #1 overall in 2016...

fearsomefour

Legend
Which QB would you like to see the Rams select if he is available when the Rams pick?
Who ever it is I want him to have played in a pro system where he had to take the snap under center and do some reading.
I have been telling the idiot Whiner fans I know since day one Kap was going to have issues because he played in an offense for four years in college that is based on limiting reads. The offense is based on not turning the ball over....low risk, good stats but doesnt prepare a guy for the NFL game at all. I dont want a QB that put up insane stats running a glorified option running game and throwing to iso routes with no reads.

Athos

Legend
That's kind of nuts.

That was a big game for Hundley. Unfortunately, that game is more the exception than the norm. He's been very inconsistent and has major issues with his eye discipline.

Incredibly talented kid...so if he gets it together, I'm all for him but he's another guy with some huge red flags.

Seems like all of these QBs have big red flags right now.

Which is why it is essential Davis flashes, and flashes well. I don't see an instant impact QB in this class, or one you'd want to throw out there his 1st season in the league. Davis plays well, any QB we draft, we can develop and bring along slowly. Highly talented guy like Hundley may be the choice. Boom talent with kinks to work out.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm hoping that when the Rams pick in the first round of 2014, Mariota and/or Winston is available. They trade down with that team getting their 1st rounder in 2016. That team craps the bed in 2015 a la Washington, and the Rams draft Hackenburg with the #1 overall in 2016...

Hackenberg hasn't looked good this year.(although neither has the team around him)

While we're on the QB subject, what do you think of Golson? I've heard good things about his play this year but haven't watched for myself.

I'll also say that Kenny Hill from TAMU has really impressed me. Don't like their offense(similar issues as I have with Oregon's) but he's looked like a better thrower than Manziel to me.

Which is why it is essential Davis flashes, and flashes well. I don't see an instant impact QB in this class, or one you'd want to throw out there his 1st season in the league. Davis plays well, any QB we draft, we can develop and bring along slowly. Highly talented guy like Hundley may be the choice. Boom talent with kinks to work out.

I'd toss Winston in there immediately without thinking twice but he obviously has his character red flags.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
At some point people are going to stop talking as if Mariota and Winston are the only top tier QBS in the class. I expect it will be next week when Brett Hundley and his Bruins beat Mariota's Ducks.

Speaking of Hundley (the guy I want if you couldn't tell lol) has any of the QBs had as good a game as he did last week on the road against 15th ranked Arizona St?

Ain't happening.

I still say that Mariota will not translate well to the NFL. Guess we'll see.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Which QB would you like to see the Rams select if he is available when the Rams pick?
NONE> which would mean austin davis has become a good NFL QB. then the rams can pick another need area instead

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
NONE> which would mean austin davis has become a good NFL QB. then the rams can pick another need area instead

Nah. They can pick whoever is the best value. ;)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I hate the character flaws but I think Winston is the best available QB in the coming draft. I like Hundley too but not as an early first rounder.

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
I don't see what people like about Hackenburg. Someone will have to explain it to me.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Isn't he eligible for the 2015 draft?
He is a redshirt Sophomore this year. All depends if he comes out or not this year though.

*hes my pick too
He is eligible for 2015, but I think he may stay another year

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
He is eligible for 2015, but I think he may stay another year

I hope not! He very easily could and raise his stock to. 1st round grade, but I want him to come out and grab him in the 2nd if possible.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
Sam Bradford will be our starting QB in 2015. AD will be the backup. Beyond that, we don't need to worry about drafting a QB for at least 3 yrs.

GO RAMS!!!!

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Sorry, I don't want Bradford as the starter of this team anymore. You can't count on him being healthy and we still don't even know if he'd even be a top QB.
we need to wait and see if his cut-throat agent will agree to restructure cus no other team is gonna touch a double ACL QB if we decide to cut our losses. If Davis keeps this up then he's a lock for an excellent backup next year. If Fisher and Snead think its worth giving a hopefully cheaper Bradford another shot then fuck yea do it.

V3

Hall of Fame
we need to wait and see if his cut-throat agent will agree to restructure cus no other team is gonna touch a double ACL QB if we decide to cut our losses. If Davis keeps this up then he's a lock for an excellent backup next year. If Fisher and Snead think its worth giving a hopefully cheaper Bradford another shot then freak yea do it.
The smaller contract is a given but his durability is what scares me. I just don't trust him to stay healthy anymore and the QB position is the one spot teams need to know their guy is going to play each Sunday. This was his prove it year for me for not only his ability but his durability. I don't want to be burned again. If he wants to fight for the backup spot or the bridge QB for a rookie we draft high next year, and is willing to restructure for a salary that is respective of those jobs, then sure. Something tells me he won't do that, though. I don't want Bradford as our long term solution at QB anymore. He's had more chances than any QB I can think of.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hackenberg hasn't looked good this year.(although neither has the team around him)

While we're on the QB subject, what do you think of Golson? I've heard good things about his play this year but haven't watched for myself.

I'll also say that Kenny Hill from TAMU has really impressed me. Don't like their offense(similar issues as I have with Oregon's) but he's looked like a better thrower than Manziel to me.

I'd toss Winston in there immediately without thinking twice but he obviously has his character red flags.
I love Golson. I'm a bit of a homer when it comes to Nd players but I really think the kid is special. He's still raw and makes way too many mistakes but I love how he bounces back. He really needs to stay in school one more year
Winston is flat out the best Qb prospect who is draft eligible this year. And unless his arm falls off I think Conner Halliday deserves a look. He's not the typical air raid Qb who throws mostly short routes with tons of yac.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I don't like any of the guys being mentioned. I don't see any of these guys even being as tempting as Bortles or Bridgewater. As it stands, I like the Bradford/Davis in 2015 plan.