Mariota, Winston or Hundley?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Winston. I am not a huge fan because I think he is probably a dunderhead but the other two will have issues being NFL pocket passers to me. Have seen the most of Hundley and he has regressed quite a bit this year in my opinion.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I'm sorry man but that Bradford ship has sailed. He is not the answer.
Sorry buddy but Bradford will be back guaranteed. Winston is the best qb but has major red flags and I still think he stays in college so it would be a moot point. Mariota is very similar to keapernick but with a better personality, but he will take time to learn the pro system and could use some bulking up. I want no part of Hundley, he has talent but no instincts the guy just isnt a football player.

lockdnram21

Legend
Well he's under contract, should be healthy by next pre season and is very talented - we win that game tonight with him for example. That cant be said about anyone else around that could be the answer in my book.
He want be healthy he will be out longer this time.

Ram4life11

Rookie
Winston easily the best QB prospect available, he plays like a 10 year NFL vet the way he puts his interceptions behind him, he gets better as the game goes on. He is one of the best competitors I've seen in college since Tim Tebow. The difference is, Winston has a real QB arm, that can play in any offense. Tebow not so much

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Dak Prescott. All of these guys are risks, but Prescott's potential stands out the most to me.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I've watched both Mariota and Hundley a little. I think i like Hundley better as a pro, but i don't know yet.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I've watched both Mariota and Hundley a little. I think i like Hundley better as a pro, but i don't know yet.

When I watch Hundley, I can't help but to wonder if a team would be just as good or better off signing and trying to develop Terrelle Pryor.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
When I watch Hundley, I can't help but to wonder if a team would be just as good or better off signing and trying to develop Terrelle Pryor.
Hundley looks much better in the pocket then Pryor IMO. Then there's the quality of throws. I've also seen Hundley think about bailing the pocket and quickly re-survey the field and make good throws.

Has Pryor developed at all since being drafted?

Memento

Name
Jemma
6'2 and that's stretching it, no thanks.

Prescott is 6'1", 220. Aaron Rodgers is barely 6'2". Drew Brees is barely 6'0". And we all know how short Russell Wilson is. It's not the size of a quarterback that matters; it's how well he can operate an offense. I believe that Prescott has that type of talent.

Athos

Legend
Listed at 6'1. Likely between 6'0 and 6'1. Short QBs are exceptions not the rule for success.

I wasn't impressed in this game with Prescott's running of the offense and I'm still not sure how you think he should be rated above Mariota and Hundley.

And Wilson is still awful in the pocket and when his legs go, he's screwed. Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL right now imo. Brees not far behind. Silly to bring them up.

I'll watch more of Prescott, but.......I don't see what you're seeing.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Prescott is 6'1", 220. Aaron Rodgers is barely 6'2". Drew Brees is barely 6'0". And we all know how short Russell Wilson is. It's not the size of a quarterback that matters; it's how well he can operate an offense. I believe that Prescott has that type of talent.

True and the others have elusiveness as does Prescott and he did run for 82 yards and threw for two touchdowns, but three picks against a great team on the road and maybe he is special, but when I look at Prescott I don't get the feeling he's special, however, I will focus on him more and maybe it's just because he goes by "Dak." ;)

Now if his name was Perry Prescott I might think differently.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Listed at 6'1. Likely between 6'0 and 6'1. Short QBs are exceptions not the rule for success.

I wasn't impressed in this game with Prescott's running of the offense and I'm still not sure how you think he should be rated above Mariota and Hundley.

And Wilson is still awful in the pocket and when his legs go, he's screwed. Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL right now imo. Brees not far behind. Silly to bring them up.

I'll watch more of Prescott, but.......I don't see what you're seeing.

Alabama has one of the best secondaries in the nation. Landon Collins is supposed to be the best safety coming out since Eric Berry. And he can only run the plays that the offensive coordinators give him.

Thing of it is, everyone has a bad game. But the sheer intangibles and ability is what I like about Prescott. I believe that MSU played and won against a very good LSU team; I'd suggest that to watch.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Hundley looks much better in the pocket then Pryor IMO. Then there's the quality of throws. I've also seen Hundley think about bailing the pocket and quickly re-survey the field and make good throws.

Has Pryor developed at all since being drafted?

Nope. But, I'd say his NFL career development track thus far hasn't helped one bit.

- Raw kid who was a supplemental (underclassman) pick in August 2011.

- GM/ Coaching staff change the following year (2012) where he only starts final game of season.

- Starts 9 games in 2013 under yet another new offensive coordinator (3rd in 3 years) and limited talent surrounding him including a horrible OLine. Team went 3-6 with his 9 TDs vs. 11 INTs

- 2014 out of the league.

And he's only 25. I'm disappointed the Rams haven't brought him.

Last edited:

Rams0307

Prescott won't even be in the conversation. Short, makes poor decisions, and is inaccurate. He reminds me a bit of Tahj Boyd. He has a good arm, but I don't see an NFL future.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, the way the Rams played today I think we can count out any chance of the Rams getting a shot at Mariota or Winston (and, quite possibly Hundley as well)! I would still like to see the Rams draft a QB somewhere in the draft unless they feel comfortable with going with Bradford (?), Hill (seemed to play really well today!) and Davis next season.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nope. But, I'd say his NFL career development track thus far hasn't helped one bit.

- Raw kid who was a supplemental (underclassman) pick in August 2011.

- GM/ Coaching staff change the following year (2012) where he only starts final game of season.

- Starts 9 games in 2013 under yet another new offensive coordinator (3rd in 3 years) and limited talent surrounding him including a horrible OLine. Team went 3-6 with his 9 TDs vs. 11 INTs

- 2014 out of the league.

And he's only 25. I'm disappointed the Rams haven't brought him.

Agreed. I'd be interested in seeing what he could do...at WR.