Marcus Peters confronts Asshole Face after game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
This is his brief interview after the incident:

View: https://twitter.com/BrodyAMiller/status/1087138544815128576/video/1

This is the story.

https://www.nola.com/saints/2019/01...but-he-had-some-critiques-of-sean-payton.html

Rams CB Marcus Peters doesn’t actually like gumbo, but he had some critiques of Asshole Face

Updated Jan 20; Posted Jan 20

By Brody Miller, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

The kick was good. The Los Angeles Rams were going to the Super Bowl. What does Marcus Peters do?

The Rams cornerback jumped and skipped across the Mercedes-Benz Superdome field in celebration, hightailing his way toward the man he’s made headlines with in recent weeks.

Peters went straight for Asshole Face.

He got up close to the New Orleans Saints coach, the guy he’s talked trash with through interviews and joked about having a gumbo date with, and had to be pushed away by Saints players such as Cameron Jordan and Rams staffers.

Jordan said he didn’t know what Peters was saying and just got involved when other Rams players came in causing unnecessary “riff-faff.”

Peters didn’t say what was said between he and Payton, but when asked about the questionable no-call on a hit by Nickell Robey-Coleman on Tommylee Lewis on the Saints' final drive, Peters criticized Payton’s decision-making.

“Just me knowing football, if their coach run the ball on first or second down they probably ain’t even gonna be sitting here talking about this,” he said.

Marcus Peters doesn't really like gumbo. He likes goulash. pic.twitter.com/yW4HE69JND

— Brody Miller (@BrodyAMiller) January 21, 2019

Payton decided to throw the ball on first down at the Rams 13 with two minutes remaining in a tie game rather than running out some clock. The Drew Brees pass to Michael Thomas was incomplete, stopping the clock. Then, after the incompletion to Lewis, the Saints settled for a field goal to take a 23-20 lead with 1:45 to go. The Rams then came back to send the game to overtime.

“You give Sean McVay the ball back with 1:43 or something, we gonna score or we’re gonna kick a field goal,” Peters said. “We got it done. We got a chance to fight in overtime and we got off the field, gave the ball back to our offense. We’re like that sometimes.”

This whole ordeal stems from comments Payton made after a Week 9 45-35 Saints win against the Rams in which Saints receiver Michael Thomas had seven catches for 146 yards and a game-sealing touchdown against Peters.

Payton said he liked the matchup of Thomas against Peters, which led to Peters saying:

"Tell Asshole Face to keep talking that s---. We're going to see him soon, you feel me? Because I like what he was saying on the sidelines, too. So tell him to keep talking that s---, and I hope you see me soon. We're going to have a nice little bowl of gumbo together."

Earlier this week, though, Peters downplayed the entire feud, saying he has a lot of respect for Payton and the Saints. He said he loves the competitor Payton is.

“We ain't trying to talk about no gumbo,” he said. “We can talk about all that stuff afterwards."

7ROXY3PMQJCGRBZ3BGTOLJC3MA.JPG

Rams' Marcus Peters says ‘we ain’t trying to talk about no gumbo’ this week against Saints

Saints and Rams play Sunday for NFC title.

Afterwards, Peters did just that. He ran around the field waving his arms and screaming, “Let’s eat gumbo.”

When asked in the locker room about eating some gumbo, Peters laughed and clarified his food taste.

“I don’t even eat gumbo. I was just bulls----ing,” he said. “I like goulash, really, though. I like red sauce. I like goulash, no seafood, just a little bit of shrimp .... Maybe goulash will be my bowl for the night.”

The Rams did succeed in containing Michael Thomas throughout Sunday’s game. They mixed up coverages and switched Peters and cornerback Aqib Talib on Thomas often. Thomas finished with Peters both said they were able to control Thomas well.

“Totally different gameplan,” Talib said. “Totally different approaches to the game ... We had a great gameplan. Everybody was super excited with the gameplan all week, and we did a great job of executing.”

Peters was short with the media after the game, only speaking for about two minutes, but Talib had some fun with him about his love of goulash.

Talib, in fact, wanted the local cuisine.

“(Expletive) all that,” he said. “I’m eating some gumbo.”

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Turnabout fair play? I love McVay's reaction glancing over at him briefly and walking away. He's too busy winning!

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orl...cle_b1c7c0fc-1cf8-11e9-bb59-0f5336e92503.html

Saints CB Eli Apple taunts Rams coach Sean McVay after big stop in NFC Championship game
5c1ffc20e2355.image.jpg

New Orleans Saints cornerback Eli Apple (25) warms up before the game against Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday, Dec. 23, 2018, at Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, LA.

Advocate Photo by STEPHEN LEW

Eli Apple is having himself a game, and letting every one of the Los Angeles Rams know it.

The third-year pro out of Ohio State was making a lot of noise on the field with 2 big solo tackles through the first half of the NFC Championship game.

He also made some noise on the sidelines, as broadcast cameras caught him taunting Rams coach Sean McVay after a big play in the second quarter.

The Saints were able to shut down a Rams drive on third down at the New Orleans' 18 yard line when Todd Gurley dropped a pass. The Saints were able to hold the Rams to a field goal on the drive.

Soon after, Apple was seen striding beside McVay, who simply gave him a glance before continuing to call his next play.

The Saints have a 13-10 lead over the Rams at halftime.

You can see video of the interaction below.

Can't see tweet? Click here.

Former #Giants 1st round bust, CB Eli Apple, talks trash to McVaypic.twitter.com/bvTXEcVL6e

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) January 20, 2019

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
“Just me knowing football, if their coach run the ball on first or second down they probably ain’t even gonna be sitting here talking about this,” he said.

I detest him going after Asshole Face like he did after the game and for myself at least that's not the kind of behavior I want to see my team have. But he is absolutely correct that had Payton run the ball the game was as good as over.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
You did not hear Peters named called much during the game which is a good thing if your a CB. Love him or hate him you have to admit he always stokes the fire and keeps things interesting.

Liberator

Pro Bowler
Peters is quickly becomng my favourite player in the league. Fuck Asshole Face and anyone who loves him.

fearsomefour

Legend
I detest him going after Asshole Face like he did after the game and for myself at least that's not the kind of behavior I want to see my team have. But he is absolutely correct that had Payton run the ball the game was as good as over.
English is up.....
Anyway, he is a classless jerkoff....but he is our classless jerkoff.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I like that the Rams don't have ridiculous celebrations after making a sack or a catch. The Saints were whooping it up after Ted Ginn made the catch that allowed them to kick the go ahead FG.

P.S. Michael Thomas looks like sideshow bob from the Simpsons.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

It doesn’t bother me at all. I’m glad the Rams are professionals on the field, especially when scoring TDs, but Payton publicly humiliated Peters, or tried to. He fired the first shots. Payton is a disrespectful ass. I wouldn’t have cared if Peters got right up to him nose to nose and bitched him down. It would have been funny to see Payton piss his pants.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Normally I would agree with you, but given that Payton is an exceptionally repugnant d!ckbag, I'll let Marcus get away with it this time. If anyone deserves to have their face rubbed in sh!t, it's Payton.

And I love how Marcus does just that with this statement:

No matter how much Payton, his team, and Saints fans bitch about the non-call, the statement above by MP cannot be argued with. Payton blew it ... he choked at the critical juncture of the game, and neither he nor his team regained their composure afterwards.

Limey

Rookie
Saints CB Eli Apple taunts Rams coach Sean McVay after big stop in NFC Championship Game

Really pissed me off when that 2nd rate scumbag was taunting McVay. So glad that he had the class to ignore it and respond by out-coaching his douchebag opponent.

Limey

Rookie
I like that the Rams don't have ridiculous celebrations after making a sack or a catch. The Saints were whooping it up after Ted Ginn made the catch that allowed them to kick the go ahead FG.

Yes, after the cheap stunt with the mobile phone in the regular season, who knows what sideshow bob had lined up for this game. As the dufus bungled the uncontested catch after NRC fell over in the end zone, and got himself shut down for the rest of the game, I’m delighted that we will never find out. :yay:

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
image.jpeg

Errrrrr that's cos he's on the plane to Atlanta you dumbo.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Michael Thomas looks like Scottie Pippens younger brother who rode the short bus to school and had notes pinned to his shirt...in high school.

I should be ashamed.

Stump23

Rookie
Michael Thomas has shorter hair, but..

View attachment 28097
images
Someone should forward this to Keyshawn. He thinks his nephew can do no wrong. Key is still very reluctant to give Rams or Goff any credit or kudos for the victory. He's such a knucklehead, rumored to have scored a 3 on his Wonderlich (sp?) and works on the Rams flagship station. Thank God, Travis and LZ give it right back to him.

dang

Legend
As much as I think Payton is a douche, I don't like this from Peters at all. No need to confront after you snatched victory from the jaws of defeat in their house. I certainly don't like what Apple tried to do either. Punk moves by both.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It doesn’t bother me at all. I’m glad the Rams are professionals on the field, especially when scoring TDs, but Payton publicly humiliated Peters, or tried to. He fired the first shots. Payton is a disrespectful ass. I wouldn’t have cared if Peters got right up to him nose to nose and bitched him down. It would have been funny to see Payton tick his pants.

It doesn't bother me either because SP deserved it. A coach shouldn't disparage a player like that. It was childish. So he asked for a "reply" so to speak.

It's disappointing to me when players, or for that matter coaches, act like this but he gets a pass from me this time.

I hope he tweets out a pic of himself eating gumbo at a table for two with a bowl in front of him and another in front of an empty chair that says "reserved for Sean Peyton".

That would be beautiful.

Payton is an exceptionally repugnant d!ckbag

He is my least favorite HC ever.

Bountygate should have gotten him and Williams kicked out of the NFL for good IMO.

Payton blew it ...

And he is going to have to live with it too. Of course the PI/helmet to helmet thing will cover some of the sting but I will tell you I was thinking "well, game over. It's been a good year, there has been improvement and things are looking good".

Then things unfolded in a way that he probably didn't like LOLOL.

Fuck that guy. I hope this lingers with him forever.