Manziel claims he’s taking his work seriously, but talk is cheap. Manziel’s actions suggest that he

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Manziel denies he had a party, admits he needs to not be a jackass
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 29, 2014, 1:22 PM EST
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptc0ntbhztc3mtmzztuxmtrkmjc4ytlimdbintc1odq3-e1419282868648.jpeg
Getty Images
Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel was fined for showing up late to treatment on his injured hamstring on Saturday, but he says the reports that his tardiness was caused by late-night partying on Friday are false.

Manziel admitted, however, that he needs to do a better job of being the kind of leader the Browns want in their franchise quarterback.

According to Jeremy Fowler of ESPN, Manziel said today that reports of him throwing a party are “100 percent false.” Manziel said he went out with a few friends from back home in Texas, but he didn’t throw a party.

Still, Manziel acknowledged that he’s going to need to work harder going forward.

“It’s about action,” Manziel said. “It’s about being accountable and doing what I’m gonna say instead of looking like a jackass.”

Manziel says he has apologized to his team for not conducting himself the right way and knows that he has to learn to act like a franchise quarterback.

“Either I’m going to learn or I’m going to be finding something else to do,” he said.

The Browns hope it’s the former.

Permalink 99 Comments

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I was a big fan of him at Texas A&M. I thought his decision making was absolutely brilliant. ........ but so far in the NFL it isn't. ....if he wants to be a star in this league. ...which I believe he can be.......he has to put in the work.....

Go Rams.......... ;)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think at this point the Browns may give him away for a 3rd roundish pick. And I'm sure I am alone here but I would love to see him on our depth chart.

Fish would be a great coach for him.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I think at this point the Browns may give him away for a 3rd roundish pick. And I'm sure I am alone here but I would love to see him on our depth chart.

Fish would be a great coach for him.
For me, anything higher than 5th rounder, and conditional at that, is overpaying.

The guy's an attitude problem and he has a game that doesn't translate well to the NFL.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Yet another example of an overhyped player drafted high.

The good teams take advantage of this by drafting the genuinely good players that fall to them thanks to the bad teams falling for this crap.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I wish the hype on this guy would go away, otherwise we won't have enough time to overhype the next guy. I don't know about you but I'm dying to see who is this year's "once in a lifetime" defensive player, and which one of the "one read and run away" QBs will inevitably change the way the game is played.

Mike

Rookie
Name
Mike
Manziel is a spoiled man child who isn't smart enough to get out of his own way. In his rookie year the Browns owner is already threatening to release him. I don't think he'll grow up in time to be anything in this league, if he ever does.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I wish the hype on this guy would go away, otherwise we won't have enough time to overhype the next guy. I don't know about you but I'm dying to see who is this year's "once in a lifetime" defensive player, and which one of the "one read and run away" QBs will inevitably change the way the game is played.

If you're looking for a once in a lifetime defensive player, then Leonard Williams would be a great guy to look at. USC, plays both DE and DT, 6'5", 295 lbs., has dominated college football in both pass-rushing and run defense, etc. If I'm Tampa Bay's coach, I'd probably draft Williams number one overall without any hesitation.