Manziel claims he’s taking his work seriously, but talk is cheap. Manziel’s actions suggest that he

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Report: Manziel’s Friday night party led to players’ Saturday tardies
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 28, 2014, 9:52 AM EST
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptq3m2mzmwyxotzinjgznje1yzcyndc2nzy2mjg3mjy2-e1408420190366.jpeg
AP
Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel’s tardiness on Saturday morning was precipitated by a late night of partying on Friday.

Manziel was fined for being late for treatment on his injured hamstring on Saturday, and Jason La Canfora of CBS reports that Manziel’s tardiness came after he threw a big party on Friday night, attended by many members of the team. La Canfora reports that other players were tardy on Saturday as well, although those players’ names have not been revealed.

It’s not clear whether Josh Gordon, who was suspended by the Browns for missing Saturday’s walk-through practice, was one of the players who attended Manziel’s party. But La Canfora reports that the Browns had to send their security staff to Manziel’s house to track him down on Saturday.

Manziel is on injured reserve, so he wasn’t going to play today anyway, but the fact that he’s showing up late for work — and that his party is leading other players to be late to work — is extremely alarming behavior for a franchise quarterback. Have you ever heard of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees or Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson hosting a late-night party that resulted in themselves and teammates showing up late to work the next morning?

Manziel claims he’s taking his work seriously, but talk is cheap. Manziel’s actions suggest that he just doesn’t get it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/page/2/

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
If he continues to self implode he has nobody to blame but himself. You have the opportunity of the life time and you're dogging it? Then he has the gall to be upset when his peeers don't respect him. I find it a little hard to believe that someone is so dumb.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Maturity is just as importnat as the physical gifts when it comes to being a Franchise anything on a team.... especially a QB, IMHO

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
The Manziel virus and Gordon flue have copulated, mutated and is spreading to the Browns locker room.

3...2....1... implosion eminent.

Thank goodness I'm not a Browns fan. ;)

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Maturity is just as importnat as the physical gifts when it comes to being a Franchise anything on a team.... especially a QB, IMHO
Pretty much. Hate to bang on the Leaf drum some more, but he's the perfect example of it. Had it all, the inrangibles, the arm, and the natural ability. But because he was such a huge brat, he basically chased himself out of the league.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I am so happy we didn't draft this turd. He better figure it our or he will selling used cars.

usedc02h.jpg

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Don't worry. We're not drafting Winston. :D

Pretty much. Hate to bang on the Leaf drum some more, but he's the perfect example of it. Had it all, the inrangibles, the arm, and the natural ability. But because he was such a huge brat, he basically chased himself out of the league.

Ya ... the "flavor of the month" isn't always so good once you get it home. Give me a mature guy with work ethic and ability to learn and improve he goes and I think you will end up a lot better than a flash in the pan "Me" guy

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I'm of the opinion that he didn't have the physical gifts to make it in the NFL.

And I'm still shocked that it wasn't obvious to anyone that once he had millions in his hands this type of shit was just gonna happen.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

I think it was more about a drug addiction. Might be applicable to Manziel as well.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I think it was more about a drug addiction. Might be applicable to Manziel as well.
It was definitely to do about his spoiled brattiness, you could even say his drug problem came from his nothing can hurt me attitude. Dude had a spoiled little temper tantrum in the locker room that went down in infamy. He's the quintessential prima donna QB.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
It was definitely to do about his spoiled brattiness, you could even say his drug problem came from his nothing can hurt me attitude. Dude had a spoiled little temper tantrum in the locker room that went down in infamy. He's the quintessential prima donna QB.

Good point. Drug addictions originate from character deficiencies.