Manti Te'o lied about girlfriend and her death

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

superfan24

Starter
Ram Quixote said:
superfan24 said:
Selassie I said:
Happy WE don't need a MLB.

He played like a scared bitch against Bama if you ask me. Certainly didn't play like a Warrior,,, this Haole, who grew up as a young shyte in Pearl City, was very disappointed in his lack of fight.

Now this. freak Brah.

Well if he was truly a victim of this scheme I guess its understandable the way he played. Gawd I wouldn't be able to function.
While we're composing conspiracy theories labeling Te'o a liar, let's ask how Te'o found out it was a hoax. The article I read said that Swarbrick was told by Te'o and his parents on Dec. 26th. Think about the timing of that. Think about betting lines.

If Te'o didn't know, and found out just 10 days before the big game that all the motivation he'd been carrying all season was bogus, that's a very large rug pulled out from under him. I recall reading (I didn't watch the game) that Te'o was described as trying too hard to carry the team. ND's defense was their strength; what better way to sabotage them than by damaging the heart of it?

I don't know the truth. I don't know Te'o like super. But the rush to judgement doesn't feel right either.

December 26th is when he told Diaco/Kelly/Swarbrick. He found out it was a hoax a couple weeks before that when a number that he talked to the made up girl called him and when a voice similar to the voice he talked to called and told him that Lennay was not dead.

superfan24

Starter
bluecoconuts said:
Why would he talk about seeing her in Hawaii if he didn't know anything? No matter how you slice it, he lied.

That's definitely a question, but Swarbrick said Manti meant that was meaning something else. Only he can answer that and hopefully he does tomorrow.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
superfan24 said:
The girl he supposedly met at the end of the Stanford game is what I'm most confused about. Swarbrick said that Manti told him when saying they "met" means talking online.
I'll find the tweet, but someone (reporter) said immediately after the deadspin story came out that if there is one person who could trust people enough to be duped by this it would be Manti Te'o.

His dad told a newspaper they met in Hawaii on more than one occasion too. Did he lie to his dad? Did his dad lie? Did his parents never meet her in Hawaii? Did he lie about meeting her after the Stanford game?

superfan24

Starter
Username said:
superfan24 said:
The girl he supposedly met at the end of the Stanford game is what I'm most confused about. Swarbrick said that Manti told him when saying they "met" means talking online.
I'll find the tweet, but someone (reporter) said immediately after the deadspin story came out that if there is one person who could trust people enough to be duped by this it would be Manti Te'o.

His dad told a newspaper they met in Hawaii too. Did he lie to his dad? Did his dad lie? Did his parents never meet her in Hawaii? Did he lie about meeting her after the Stanford game?

Manti will have to answer to that tomorrow. Again Swarbrick said Manti explained "meeting" meant something else.
Any person who remotely followed the Te'o family from Manti's senior year in HS to now would saw that this is the last family who make up lies like this. I just hope people wait for Manti to speak and for it to take course.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
superfan24 said:
Username said:
superfan24 said:

His dad told a newspaper they met in Hawaii too. Did he lie to his dad? Did his dad lie? Did his parents never meet her in Hawaii? Did he lie about meeting her after the Stanford game?

Manti will have to answer to that tomorrow. Again Swarbrick said Manti explained "meeting" meant something else.
Any person who remotely followed the Te'o family from Manti's senior year in HS to now would saw that this is the last family who make up lies like this. I just hope people wait for Manti to speak and for it to take course.

Looks like LennayKay agrees. :lol:

https://twitter.com/LennayKay
@LennayKay
It isn't fair to drag Reagan and Troy into this.. a lot of truths and myths need to be addressed here, and they will be at noon PST tomorrow

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
The character issue with Teo: sick

The character issue with Jenk: inmature

JJ > Teo :lol:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
First, I have absolutely no idea what is true here.

But now we have a college-kid accused of fabricating a story and there are people out there who want to fry-him. If the kid lied, then both are wrong, but let's just make sure that we react accordingly.

PS. By the way, I have personal experience with this kind of online deceit, and this type of stuff, and worse, does happen far more than is reported. I had an entire team of people gang-up on me. I've also met others who've had their reputations attacked, and their businesses destroyed (almost). So yes, their are some extremely mean spirited people out there. Hence, the story Te'o is telling is certainly plausible.

EDITED
(we're not doing politics on this board anymore)

RamsNation

Rookie
He is either the dumbest person alive or a sick son of a gun.I just watched his interview about her supposed death and he said clear as day she was more than a good looker to him she was a good person.Based off that one would assume he has seen what she looked like right?Did they really never meet in person/Skype or anything?Im not buying this was a hoax I think he's got issues and he turned a small lie into a big one that snowballed.And used the story to get attention honestly,that's pretty low and if that is the case I can't see any NFL team wanting someone who would do this for attention in their locker room let alone roster.Hopefully more details become available but it sounds fishy to me and I think from here on out they are just going to pay off everyone to line up some story that makes him the victim to avoid him looking like a sicko.But like I said its early I'm just speculating and giving my opinion.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
bluecoconuts said:
Why would he talk about seeing her in Hawaii if he didn't know anything? No matter how you slice it, he lied.
That's the thing. He said he met this girl multiple times. He posted pictures of a girl that was supposedly her. However, according to the Deadspin article, the pictures were of a different girl who never met him before. There is no other explanation other then he lied or the girl lied. I mean she could not have met a girl that was the same girl in the photos because he did not meet this person. Playing the devils advocate even if part of this hoax introduced him to a girl it could not have been the same girl in the photos. It is difficult to come up with any explanation other than he lied.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Just spit balling here but, the kids grandmother died of cancer , which COULD have left the family with debt ( or so someone inside the family COULD have convinced him was true) so the third party concocts an elaborate web of lies to push his draft stock up so he gets top 10 money and saves the family financially. A kid COULD get sucked in by that sort of thing, just sayin', and if there wasn't a real girlfriend to be incensed by the whole thing , it becomes something the older person COULD claim was really a victimless "crime".

Wasn't there some shizzle going on with Cam Newtons dad selling endorsements etc. before he was done playing in college?

There is no end to the shit people will do for money and BTW it SORT of SMELLS of an agent in all of this .

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Bad month for this kid,
First the Tide's NFL caliber players exposed him on the field.
Now his character is in question.

Shame on them if he was duped. Shame on him if he;s just stupid.
When the NFL teams start investigating him for the draft and combine then it will come out. Those guys are good.

And what, he couldn't get any on campus?

F. Mulder

Starter
I couldn't give two shits if the guy is a liar or stupid; the question is- if he is there in the 2nd round do you draft a consensus top 20 pick (ala J Jenkins) and plug him in on the outside??

I'm all for 4 pillars and character but at the end of the day I'm a Rams fan. I don't care about much of anything (other than obvious cross the line stuff) I just want the players to be there best. Some fans think this is about hanging out with these guys or seeing if they are worthy to marry their daughter. For me it's just a game and I'd take a dumb-$ss who can play over any choir-boy who sucks.

Just saying... :twisted:

ImTheCrew

UDFA
Yamahopper said:
Bad month for this kid,
First the Tide's NFL caliber players exposed him on the field.
Now his character is in question.

Shame on them if he was duped. Shame on him if he;s just stupid.
When the NFL teams start investigating him for the draft and combine then it will come out. Those guys are good.

And what, he couldn't get any on campus?

He may have been duped, but he still lied on several occasions, even his dad has reported that she flew to Hawaii several times.. Thought he had a future daughter in law.

iced

When you're looking online for someone, it's obviously not something as simple as just trying to get laid. I've done the online route a lot myself, and I like my chances at finding a decent person much better than getting one at a bar. sure you don't get that physical connection immediately, but you really to get to find out what someone's personality is like.

I don't fault the kid at all - and to be honest, his love life shouldn't be none of the dam media's business. It's not getting him in trouble with the law, no kids, etc. Let the kid grow and learn from his mistakes.

Ram_of_Old

The guys on TPI were as confused as anyone. They even said that Manti Te'o was on the show and seemed "childish." I think we sometimes underestimate the degree of Naiveté that some of these guys may have. I hope, I really hope that he was totally duped. ND is standing behind him, even after an investigation. I thing if he were guilty of any degress of deception, they would not.

Ram_of_Old

interference said:
First, I have absolutely no idea what is true here.

But now we have a college-kid accused of fabricating a story and there are people out there who want to fry-him. If the kid lied, then both are wrong, but let's just make sure that we react accordingly.

PS. By the way, I have personal experience with this kind of online deceit, and this type of stuff, and worse, does happen far more than is reported. I had an entire team of people gang-up on me. I've also met others who've had their reputations attacked, and their businesses destroyed (almost). So yes, their are some extremely mean spirited people out there. Hence, the story Te'o is telling is certainly plausible.

EDITED
(we're not doing politics on this board anymore)

You are so right! If you are not careful, there are elements on the internet that will do everything that can to make you feel worthless. I have walked away from several discussion boards because of harassment. The world is tough enough with Cyber Clowns.