Mannion time!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
And for the record, I felt this strongly about him before even the draft this year. I am not basing this on his one good pre-season game.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And for the record, I felt this strongly about him before even the draft this year. I am not basing this on his one good pre-season game.
Well the coaching staff that you feel isn't qualified to judge Mannion is the only staff that thought he was worthy of a 3rd round pick.

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
Well the coaching staff that you feel isn't qualified to judge Mannion is the only staff that thought he was worthy of a 3rd round pick.
I was shocked they actually did. I thought the draft was going to be a win, if they somehow got him. Then this past years draft happened.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was shocked they actually did. I thought the draft was going to be a win, if they somehow got him. Then this past years draft happened.
Well this year's draft happened because they likely saw in Mannion what the rest of the league saw in him when they opted to not draft him. There's a Sean Mannion on every team. A good NCAA QB drafted in the mid rounds that fans want him to be the next Tom Brady or Russell Wilson

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well this year's draft happened because they likely saw in Mannion what the rest of the league saw in him when they opted to not draft him. There's a Sean Mannion on every team. A good NCAA QB drafted in the mid rounds that fans want him to be the next Tom Brady or Russell Wilson

Just like the teams that didnt draft Brady or Wilson. This isnt a Mannion vs Goff thread my views on Mannion are well known. I believe we would be just as good with Mannion than with Goff and with all the draft picks we lost we might be better. The point is why not give him more practice reps in case anything happens to Goff.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So now that Keenum has been benched and Goff is finally starting after bitching about it for 11 weeks we get this thread. Got it.
View attachment 17750
This thread is as much about the future as Goff starting. We invested a 3rd pick in a qb he is still under contract very cheap as well. Might as well coach him up get him practice reps. Whats the harm in that. I dont think Keenum is going to be back next year and he might get traded to chicago his future with this team isnt as clear as Mannions.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think Mannion can learn more by being the #2...And should be the primary backup to push Goff...Competition mates.

And I've stated several months ago, we should cut Case Keenum.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont think Keenum is going to be back next year and he might get traded to chicago his future with this team isnt as clear as Mannions.
Traded to Chicago? Keenum only under contract this season

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just like the teams that didnt draft Brady or Wilson. This isnt a Mannion vs Goff thread my views on Mannion are well known. I believe we would be just as good with Mannion than with Goff and with all the draft picks we lost we might be better. The point is why not give him more practice reps in case anything happens to Goff.
Like I said, "There's a Sean Mannion on every team. A good NCAA QB drafted in the mid rounds that fans want him to be the next Tom Brady or Russell Wilson"
Fact is there are tons of 3rd rounders and above that end up nowhere

I dont think Keenum is going to be back next year and he might get traded to chicago his future with this team isnt as clear as Mannions.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I think its time for Mannion to start getting most of those 2nd string qb reps. At this point we already know what Keenum can do and I think its wise to see if Mannion can be a better backup then Keenum.

Actually, I think it's time to cut bait....none of this shit matters at this point, just another lost season....where's Trump?..... we need THIS swamp drained immediately.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Mannion can learn more by being the #2...And should be the primary backup to push Goff...Competition mates.

And I've stated several months ago, we should cut Case Keenum.
I just cant get overly concerned about who's #2, for the team to ever be successful, we need the #2 to never see the field

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I will wait until a real coaching staff comes in and makes that determination. If the new coach is a good coach, draft position of QB's on the roster will not matter. If Mannion would have come out a year early, he would have been a first or second round draft pick.

I have nothing against Sean personally but if he was as good as you thought he was/I'd do you not think that we would not have traded up to get goff ? ... do you not think he would have pushed for playing time last year ? The closest he got to the field this year is being the backup
To case week one ..

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have nothing against Sean personally but if he was as good as you thought he was/I'd do you not think that we would not have traded up to get goff ? ... do you not think he would have pushed for playing time last year ? The closest he got to the field this year is being the backup
To case week one ..

There is a lot of debate to why they actually traded for Goff in the first place. It wouldnt be the first time a 1st round qb ends up being a bust and a 3rd round qb is actually better. Its all about opportunity.

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
To case week one ..
I think the only reason they drafted Goff was to make a "splash" in LA. I apparently am not the only one that feels that way. Occasionally I listen the ESPN LA station in the afternoons, and both hosts (I think it is Thompson and Trudell??) seem to think the exact same thing.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think you will get your wish DX - it just won't be until the season is over. Mannion will likely be our #2 next season and we will see what we have in Goff this season.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like I said, "There's a Sean Mannion on every team. A good NCAA QB drafted in the mid rounds that fans want him to be the next Tom Brady or Russell Wilson"
Fact is there are tons of 3rd rounders and above that end up nowhere

There are tons of first rounders that end up busting. There are more 3rd rounders and under in this league then 1st round qbs. Its all about opoortunity.

Keenum being trader to Chicago was hyperbole but the fact is he is a free agent next year. Why not give the guy with the longer contract more opportuntiy. With our luck with injuries at the qb position it doesnt seem strange to do that

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There are tons of first rounders that end up busting. There are more 3rd rounders and under in this league then 1st round qbs. Its all about opoortunity.
How many 3rd rounders and lower are starting? Compared to 1st rounders?
I'm not sure of what you are saying, that there are more QB in the league that were drafted in rounds 3-7 than there are QB who were drafted in round 1?

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How many 3rd rounders and lower are starting? Compared to 1st rounders?
I'm not sure of what you are saying, that there are more QB in the league that were drafted in rounds 3-7 than there are QB who were drafted in round 1?
What im saying is that draft slot doesnt make you a better qb than someone in the later rounds. The rams have an OBLIGATION to play Goff right now and thats fine. Not having a contingency plan in place is irresponsible though.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What im saying is that draft slot doesnt make you a better qb than someone in the later rounds. The rams have an OBLIGATION to play Goff right now and thats fine. Not having a contingency plan in place is irresponsible though.
No being a better prospect gets you drafted in a higher round.
A quick review of the teams in the league has 25 teams starting QB drafted in 1st or 2nd round
19 first round QB

Last edited: