Mannion and preseason

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This year's preseason needs to have Mannion well represented. Why? Two reasons:

1. He might actually beat out Keenum and upgrade us if the kid ain't ready.
2. Trade bait after the season.

If next year's draft is really as dismal as many teams are making it out to be, then a Mannion who played well for us in preseason and maybe even the regular season is going to fetch a nice pick in return.

Yeah, I know, it's not about whether Goff or Wentz are better. Sorry I'll try harder next time! :p

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
IF I'm not mistake, and I sometimes am, believe it or not. Last year "They" said this year was going to be a "Dismal Draft" and it's not! So we'll see!;)

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I feel(upset) The Rams wasted another 3rd(2nd day) draft pick in Mannion.
--The scouting of The Rams are good,just keep trading back instead of up.
Example- Brockers & Ogletree vs
T.Austin & Joyner. Plus they trade up for
Undersized players.
Lucky to find Cj Gaines & another excellent UDFA in Roberson from Fla.

-- Goff seems like the pick & I like it the more think about it. His foot work reminds me of Joe Montanna.I know he wears his jerseys & was his idol.
Rams have a chance to have 3 rookie of the years in a row.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Unless we get at least a 3rd for Mannion, I would expect us to keep him around and develop him. There is no guarantee that the QB we are taking will translate or stay healthy so we need options that know the offense.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Unless we get at least a 3rd for Mannion, I would expect us to keep him around and develop him. There is no guarantee that the QB we are taking will translate or stay healthy so we need options that know the offense.
I do not see any movement of Mannion myself. I am expecting a solid draft day trade being made to send veteran QB Nick Foles elsewhere to QB needy team. Snead could pull off something where he could give up Foles & a future 2017 third day selection to enable the Rams to have a 2nd day selection. This would make this upcoming Friday a bit more entertaining.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Best case scenario Mannion lights it up and becomes our kevin Kolb Charlie whitehurst

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
What if Mannion outplays Goff? By a lot?

Just askin... what if?

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Mannion's career arc with the Rams is hand Goff a towel during time outs.
When it gets to preseason games it would depend how well he's playing. He looks really good then they might be able to recoup some of the draft stock they put into him.
But only so many snaps to go around. Goff and Keenum get 90%. He gets crumbs. It's hard to bring two QB's along at the same time with the limits on practice time.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Best case scenario Mannion lights it up and becomes our kevin Kolb Charlie whitehurst

Very true and then Rams trade him down the road for draft choices. Eventually I give Keenum one more year and then Mannion becomes the back-up to Goff, which is not a bad thing because with the selection of Goff, this unit just got better.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'd like to see him getting a lot of work, more than Keenum we know what he can do. If Mannion is impressing then try to move Keenum. If Denver doesn't go get Bradford maybe Kennum gets moved this weekend instead of/in addition to Foles?

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I only ask because Mannion's been working his butt off and he's got a year in the system. And, like I pointed out several times last year, the offense really seemed to perk up when he stepped in.

So, presuming Foles is a draft day trade, then what happens if even with limited reps, Keenum looks meh, Goff looks like a Rookie and Mannion really, really lights it up?

So, say, Mannion replaces Keenum with Goff still being groomed....okay. That's still a plan.

But what happens if Mannion just...blows up? What if I'm totally wrong about this offense and all this and it turns out that Mannion was the guy (like in all those dang romantic comedies...he was right there all along.../wretch)?

So, what happens if Goff is on the bench 6 games in and the Rams are 6-0 with Mannion at QB? with the 3rd toughest schedule in the NFL?

I'm just asking the question...

More importantly, what do the Rams do if Mannion leads the Rams to a 13-3 record and on a serious playoff run?

What happens with Goff? What happens with Mannion? Is it a QB controversy? I'm interested what others think.

I mean, we can't run another Goff/ Wentz poll...

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
If that happens the Rams will have teams offering anything the Rams want for their back up QB.

I realize it's a silly question because Mannion will get about 3 more reps than I will... but still...

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I only ask because Mannion's been working his butt off and he's got a year in the system. And, like I pointed out several times last year, the offense really seemed to perk up when he stepped in.

So, presuming Foles is a draft day trade, then what happens if even with limited reps, Keenum looks meh, Goff looks like a Rookie and Mannion really, really lights it up?

So, say, Mannion replaces Keenum with Goff still being groomed....okay. That's still a plan.

But what happens if Mannion just...blows up? What if I'm totally wrong about this offense and all this and it turns out that Mannion was the guy (like in all those dang romantic comedies...he was right there all along.../wretch)?

So, what happens if Goff is on the bench 6 games in and the Rams are 6-0 with Mannion at QB? with the 3rd toughest schedule in the NFL?

I'm just asking the question...

More importantly, what do the Rams do if Mannion leads the Rams to a 13-3 record and on a serious playoff run?

What happens with Goff? What happens with Mannion? Is it a QB controversy? I'm interested what others think.

I mean, we can't run another Goff/ Wentz poll...
That's a good problem to.have lol...you're asking what if we have a star qb....sounds good to me

In your scenario the rams will have their stud qb we've wanted all along and some serious trade bait win/win

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Be nice to find out. I still maintain that Mannion isn't going to get a shot here and I have this nagging feeling that he's going to play out his rookie contract and go somewhere else and set the damn world on fire.

I just have this feeling that Fisher will sink/swim with Keenum until Goff is ready whether he thinks that game 1 2016 or game 1 2017.

Oh, and our 3rd QB is Mannion...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That's a good problem to.have lol...you're asking what if we have a star qb....sounds good to me

In your scenario the rams will have their stud qb we've wanted all along and some serious trade bait win/win

I agree. I see no downside to this controversy!

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Very true and then Rams trade him down the road for draft choices. Eventually I give Keenum one more year and then Mannion becomes the back-up to Goff, which is not a bad thing because with the selection of Goff, this unit just got better.
A weakness becomes a strength .... hmmmmmmm ... I LIKE IT!