Major Respect From Jim Rome

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
2 things. When Rome was on Mighty 690 out of San Diego, his format was new and it took off. He was always a Rams guy, especially when they were in Anaheim. Everett.....well, loved him from 86-88. After the stop, drop and roll against the 49ers lost a ton of respect for him. That Rams team was top notch. Replaced HOF Dickerson with a very, very adequate Greg Bell. Ellard, Flipper and a kick ass D led by Kevin Greene, Vince Newsome and the awesome D-Linemen. That team should have one a Super Bowl.
He was great on the Mighty 690....totally fresh and just dominated every other show.
I remember hearing his first news flash on Hacksaw Hamiltons show and Rome started with his "huuuge" stuff and Hamilton got all irritated and tried to lecture him. Rivalry born.
He was new and great back in the day.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Funny thing is how people made fun of Everett.

Brady has done the drop many times and no one calls him out.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
2 things. When Rome was on Mighty 690 out of San Diego, his format was new and it took off. He was always a Rams guy, especially when they were in Anaheim. Everett.....well, loved him from 86-88. After the stop, drop and roll against the 49ers lost a ton of respect for him. That Rams team was top notch. Replaced HOF Dickerson with a very, very adequate Greg Bell. Ellard, Flipper and a kick ass D led by Kevin Greene, Vince Newsome and the awesome D-Linemen. That team should have one a Super Bowl.

Only problem was those were also the Joe Montana years....

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Haven't listened to Van Smack in a few years, like all these guys he is embellishing and controversial and will get your goat if you listen enough. He was though very groundbreaking at the mighty 690 and I found the show very entertaining. He is sharp and knows sports, a true fan but in the end it is all about sustaining a viable product that adjusts with the times and I don't hear many who are even worth my attention anymore...It's a shame

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
He was great on the Mighty 690....totally fresh and just dominated every other show.
I remember hearing his first news flash on Hacksaw Hamiltons show and Rome started with his "huuuge" stuff and Hamilton got all irritated and tried to lecture him. Rivalry born.
Loved Hacksaws first 15 minutes
The loose cannons were even better than anything today. The 690 lineup was solid RIP Chuck he was a true Pro

fearsomefour

Legend
Loved Hacksaws first 15 minutes
The loose cannons were even better than anything today. The 690 lineup was solid RIP Chuck he was a true Pro
Yep.
In one of the stranger of my college days I had to venture to Mighty 690 to drop something off.....the shared the building with the alt rock station....91X is memory is right.
I got there at just the right moment and with in 5 minutes I met Hacksaw Hamilton and Johnny Rotten.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I used to love the rivalry, the butter knife didn't have a chance there.
Been listening to his show from day one here in SD, and I've always enjoyed it, but I wanted Everett to kick the shit outta him that day for his endless taunt.
P.S., Smacksaw lives somewhere near me, I saw him at Von's the other day for the third time. Nice guy, super friendly.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I used to love the rivalry, the butter knife didn't have a chance there.
Been listening to his show from day one here in SD, and I've always enjoyed it, but I wanted Everett to kick the crap outta him that day for his endless taunt.
P.S., Smacksaw lives somewhere near me, I saw him at Von's the other day for the third time. Nice guy, super friendly.
Give him my best regards. "From Santa Barbara to San Diego, I want to talk sports with you"

Stump23

Rookie
Is Hacksaw working anywhere or for any team? He was a great play by play guy for the Chargers. "Touchdown San Diego!!!" And yes they had a great rivalry. Funny, they both needed each other and we the fans benefit from it. Whoever said it above was right, Mighty 690 was a must listen every day from Loose Cannons (Steve and Chet) to Rome to Hacksaw. Best sports radio ever and everyone else is trying to copy it but never will. Keyshawn is a douche. 710 KSPN still treats Rams as 3rd dog behind Lakers and Dodgers, I don't care what anyone says. Mighty 690 was all Chargers all the time. I understand that San Diego only had baseball to compete but still. We need a truly dedicated station for our team.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Funny thing is how people made fun of Everett.
And Jim Rome was part of making a big deal about that.
I don't need his endorsement.

I didn't grow up listening to him and I'm not much of a joiner anyway so Rome can kiss my posterior.

Don't talk smack about my Rams! :boxing: