Major Respect From Jim Rome

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hour 1 opening. Skip to about 1:30 seconds and listen for a few minutes. Mad love for the Rams.

Sorry if the link kinda jerks you around a bit. Hit the "no thanks" if it does and look for Hour 1 of 10/22/2018.

https://www.jimrome.com/media/audio-channel/jim-rome-hour-1-10222018

man, that guy could talk under water. but he is entertaining in the way he expresses himself. thanks for the link.

great stat he brought up - this week aaron rodgers and the packers will be the biggest underdogs they have ever been with rodgers as their qb. that's how good the rams are this season.

Q729

Legend
Did they ever say if that Jim Everett interview was staged?

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can't handle Rome...I think he's a major D-bag...
Yep! He's not everyone's cup of tea, that's for sure. He had a show, Rome is Burning, with a live T.V. audience taped in Westlake Village and I got to meet him/chat him up one on one for a minute after the taping and that changed my outlook.
I have to add, I got to speak with Joe Namath via simulcast (he was in Jupiter Florida). He could hear the audience and we could hear him over the monitors in the studio. I told him "We loved you on the Rams Joe!" Oh, he also said the Patriots coach is like the kid in school that during a test, might look at another kids test for the answer while the teacher isn't looking.

Last edited:

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did they ever say if that Jim Everett interview was staged?
Jim Everett says the seat they sat him in was really low, to get him where he was lower in elevation than Rome. He didn't anticipate Rome to be an a-hole, it wasn't planned. Everett says when he went to get up, he used the table as leverage to get out of the low seat and the table wasn't secured and it just went flying.

socalrams90

Starter
I was listening live yesterday and was thankful someone seems to get it.

If we were almost any other team 7-0 there would be a media circle jerk and we wouldn’t of got flexed out Sunday. They would’ve sold the “watch the pats try to remain undefeated” storyline.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yep! He's not everyone's cup of tea, that's for sure. He had a show, Rome is Burning, with a live T.V. audience taped in Westlake Village and I got to meet him/chat him up one on one for a minute after the taping and that changed my outlook.

I've said it before and will say it again........he does a fantastic interview, as good as anyone in the sports media world.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've said it before and will say it again........he does a fantastic interview, as good as anyone in the sports media world.
AND you you loved his sweet Merkur back in the day!

Last edited:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I can't handle Rome...I think he's a major D-bag...
He proved it when he got himself slapped down by Everett.

Plus he's kind of negative until he jumps on the bandwagon - then he's full force which to me is kind of phony.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hour 1 opening. Skip to about 1:30 seconds and listen for a few minutes. Mad love for the Rams.

Sorry if the link kinda jerks you around a bit. Hit the "no thanks" if it does and look for Hour 1 of 10/22/2018.

https://www.jimrome.com/media/audio-channel/jim-rome-hour-1-10222018
Lol....That was great! “The Rams bodybagged the 49ers...they are absolutely ruthless.” They did it during 49er homecoming week, with Joe Montana and Jerry Rice in house and they just destroyed them (paraphrase)....
Los Angeles = Football Town USA!

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Out of respect for Jim Everett i will never give Rome a second of my time.

So you're this local sportscaster/beat writer/tag along ("hey, mister Dickerson, sir, can I please get a quote?") covering the local, pro football team. The star QB agrees to come on and do an interview. He's doing YOU a favor...
and you pull THAT crap ?

That was a dirty self serving move at Everett's expense. It didn't take long before everybody knew who that POS was and so went his career. Screw him. I have no respect for him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Out of respect for Jim Everett i will never give Rome a second of my time.
Here here.
Everett was a savage. Was truly great for several years, but unfortunately thanks to Rome, most people recall his career attached to that interview.
Didn't get the rings obviously, but based on performance at his best, he's right with Warner in my book.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Loved it! Thanks for posting this @RamsSince1969.

"They body-bagged the 49ers with all their former star players watching." "No team is more ruthless than the Rams." (Paraphrased)

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I am a huge Jim Everett fan. Hell, I even named an old dog of mine after him (Blade).

I wouldn't trust myself very much if I was ever close to that little punk ass bitch Rome. I know I would call him out in a bad way... and if he responded, my bad temper might kick in with my Everett fandom and I would likely find myself in the back of a squad car after bitch slapping him. I can't stand that poser.

Stump23

Rookie
2 things. When Rome was on Mighty 690 out of San Diego, his format was new and it took off. He was always a Rams guy, especially when they were in Anaheim. Everett.....well, loved him from 86-88. After the stop, drop and roll against the 49ers lost a ton of respect for him. That Rams team was top notch. Replaced HOF Dickerson with a very, very adequate Greg Bell. Ellard, Flipper and a kick ass D led by Kevin Greene, Vince Newsome and the awesome D-Linemen. That team should have one a Super Bowl.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I am a huge Jim Everett fan. Hell, I even named an old dog of mine after him (Blade).

I wouldn't trust myself very much if I was ever close to that little punk ass bitch Rome. I know I would call him out in a bad way... and if he responded, my bad temper might kick in with my Everett fandom and I would likely find myself in the back of a squad car after bitch slapping him. I can't stand that poser.

Unless he was in a cold pool. :boxing:

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
So you're this local sportscaster/beat writer/tag along ("hey, mister Dickerson, sir, can I please get a quote?") covering the local, pro football team. The star QB agrees to come on and do an interview. He's doing YOU a favor...
and you pull THAT crap ?

That was a dirty self serving move at Everett's expense. It didn't take long before everybody knew who that POS was and so went his career. Screw him. I have no respect for him.

Sure, people are entitled to hate Rome all they like.

But, Rome wasn't a "local sportscaster/beat writer/tag along", he was a smack talking radio talk show host transitioning to TV who had been using the "Chris" thing as part of his schtick for years. Everett knew who was interviewing him -- he tells Rome he knows he's been calling him Chris for 5 years.

Also, at the time of the event, Everett had been traded to the Saints, so it wasn't about "covering the local, pro football team" and certainly didn't involve "The star QB".