Madden 13 Rams Ratings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Here are the "core:"

SJack- 92
Harvey Dahl- 91
Finnegan- 92
Laurinaitis- 88
Long- 91
Wells- 89
Saffold and Smith-75
Brockers-73
Langford- 86
Quinn- 78
Amendola- 76
Stewart and Fletcher- 77
Kendricks- 72
T. Johnson- 69
Jenkins- 74
Pead- 69
Givens- 67
Quick- 70
Salas and Pettis- 65

Overall team rating: 72, tied w/ the Vikings for lowest rated team in the league. These things change every week, and so this number is gonna get higher (while other teams get lower). All teams/player ratings found here: http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news ... den-nfl-13

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Angry Ram said:
Here are the "core:"

SJack- 92
Harvey Dahl- 91
Finnegan- 92
Laurinaitis- 88
Long- 91
Wells- 89
Saffold and Smith-75
Brockers-73
Langford- 86
Quinn- 78
Amendola- 76
Stewart and Fletcher- 77
Kendricks- 72
T. Johnson- 69
Jenkins- 74
Pead- 69
Givens- 67
Quick- 70
Salas and Pettis- 65

Overall team rating: 72, tied w/ the Vikings for lowest rated team in the league. These things change every week, and so this number is gonna get higher (while other teams get lower). All teams/player ratings found here: http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news ... den-nfl-13

Finnegan with a 88 man coverage rating. Jenks with a 90...I know my strategy on D lol

bluecoconuts

Legend
Bradford is an 80 overall if anyone is curious.

I'm skipping this year's Madden personally.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
This is the first year I can remember where I pretty much agree with them.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
bluecoconuts said:

New physics system is freaking awesome! Download the demo, if you haven't and check it out.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Yeah. The physics system rules! No more LB's getting trucked by scat backs! It's so good. I was going to skip until I got the demo. I do get mad when I run into my own player and fall down though.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
QuantumOfSalas said:
Yeah. The physics system rules! No more LB's getting trucked by scat backs! It's so good. I was going to skip until I got the demo. I do get mad when I run into my own player and fall down though.

I'm still going to skip. I don't like the fact that you can't edit anything.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Madden 13 is sooo much better then the years past EA did a great job this time around

bluecoconuts

Legend
Memento said:
QuantumOfSalas said:

Wait, you can't even edit player ratings?

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Barrison6 said:
bluecoconuts said:

New physics system is freaking awesome! Download the demo, if you haven't and check it out.

Yeah the demo is nice, but I'm tired of it and I refuse 2 play as the freakin 49ers or Seahawks. I buy a new version of Madden every 4 years and this is the year I get one.

You can't edit much, and there's no fantasy draft either. I'm curious about this connected career mode, though.

Blue, thanks for Bradford's. I forgot I had to go 2 work today and missed him haha.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/24/ ... -13-review

Nice that they're finally doing something worth while to this game. The new physics engine definitely still needs some polishing, but it is a step in the right direction. For sure. They should've done this years ago when FIFA did. Connected careers is a good idea too.

Last game I bought was FIFA 11. Might have to pick this up. They better fucking update the Rams if they start winning though.

Oh and getting rid of the shitty music that they have year in year out is a big plus too. Along with getting rid of Colinsworth.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
bluecoconuts said:
Memento said:
QuantumOfSalas said:

Not when I last checked. They were going to completely take out editing - which means you can't even move players from their teams. Now I can't trade for Jeremy Maclin in that game.

Fuck that. I'll stick with my missing Madden 12, thank you very much.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Memento said:
bluecoconuts said:
Memento said:
QuantumOfSalas said:

Not when I last checked. They were going to completely take out editing - which means you can't even move players from their teams. Now I can't trade for Jeremy Maclin in that game.

Fuck that. I'll stick with my missing Madden 12, thank you very much.

I'll just get NHL 13. Which also pisses me off because they completely screwed my Kings. I know the game is made in Vancouver, but you'd think they would give the Stanley Cup champs at least a little love. Instead they made them horrible, and the Nuck's the greatest team in the world. Again.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
NHL EA still seems too unrealistic to me. At least they've been trying to reinvent their game though, unlike Madden in the past years.

You don't get rewarded for making good plays. Also, it's way too easy to move the puck/get in the offensive zone, so they balanced it with superhuman goalies. Fucking retarded.

Online play is semi decent like Madden because of human error. Their idea of making a good game vs the computer consist of them screwing the shit out of you on a cheap play or goal so the AI can get points, and make it close. Instead they should just have the computer use offensive strategies to push forward. Ones that can backfire at times because of their aggressiveness. You know, like real fucking life maybe? They could even have teams play with different styles based on coaching if they wished.

I hated being up by 2 goals in the playoffs only to get screwed out of breakaways left and right until the other team scored off of some cheap ass shit from behind the blue line until the game was tied. Madden does the exact same shit.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yeah I know, that drives me crazy. I played the NHL 13 Demo and everyone on my team is slow, but on the other team they're all fast, skating circles around me, I can't touch the puck. But when I get a step for a break away or something like that, they stick lift and take it the other way. Or go 100 MPH to catch up to my offensive players, and the passing seems a lot worse. I like the improved skating control, I just hope they improve it so it's faster and more balanced. Instead it feels like I'm skating on sand with rental skates.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I get madden and FIFA every year. Sports games are one of my vices. In terms of realism and playability FIFA is streets ahead of madden, the only problem with FIFA is going online and having to play against either real Madrid or Barcelona every fucking match because that's who everybody goes as. That gets old.

I do absolutely love Madden though. Major gripes are commentary and music, I normally play on mute and stick my own music on. Also they have to get scouting in franchise mode sorted, they change it every year and every year it's really easy to work out who the best players are. It gets boring drafting 7 80-rated players every time.

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
ScotsRam said:
I get madden and FIFA every year. Sports games are one of my vices. In terms of realism and playability FIFA is streets ahead of madden, the only problem with FIFA is going online and having to play against either real Madrid or Barcelona every fucking match because that's who everybody goes as. That gets old.

I do absolutely love Madden though. Major gripes are commentary and music, I normally play on mute and stick my own music on. Also they have to get scouting in franchise mode sorted, they change it every year and every year it's really easy to work out who the best players are. It gets boring drafting 7 80-rated players every time.

This year's commentary is supposedly a lot better w/ Simms and Nantz. It's brand new, so no more Collinsworth. The music this year is like a score, there's no real artists...which is gonna be interesting.

I hope this year's Madden they fixed the OL/DL play. Like in 2009, I have Joe Thomas on a fantasy team and he's already allowed like 5 sacks in 4 games. That shouldn't happen for a guy rated 97.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
My copy arrived today- it's not even supposed to be out over here for another two days. The benefits of preordering on amazon i guess. Will let you know how it plays!

NI Ram Fam

UDFA
Dammit Scots!!

I pre-ordered mine on Amazon also (as I do every year) and mine only got dispatched yesterday, plus it'll take extra time to get to Belfast. Still, expecting it tomorrow or Friday.

I'm annoyed now as I had to watch "The Newsroom" last night instead of getting my Madden on.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Fuck me this is different. Trying out an offline career, usually I'm a franchise mode kinda guy so I'm giving it a shot. It's 100% more immersive than usual. The gameplay isn't hugely different although it's maybe a little harder... The commentary is night and day, I find myself getting exasperated with phil Simms, just like real life! There's so much different I can't really mention it all but it's awesome so far