Madden 13 Rams Ratings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
ScotsRam said:
Fuck me this is different. Trying out an offline career, usually I'm a franchise mode kinda guy so I'm giving it a shot. It's 100% more immersive than usual. The gameplay isn't hugely different although it's maybe a little harder... The commentary is night and day, I find myself getting exasperated with phil Simms, just like real life! There's so much different I can't really mention it all but it's awesome so far

Keep the updates coming, you may just convince me to buy it after all!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's an awesome feel, and it's a lot different doin a 4 year jump.

I had a sick deep pass to Amendola on my 1st game.

SJack is sloooooooooooowwwwwwww. He should be a 88-90 speed.

The only thing is, I wish that DBs wouldn't get INTs so easily. I throw deep, they run up, look back, and pick it off. It gets kinda annoying.

Also, career mode is weird, but I haven't gotten used to it.

Best part is you can use the old blue and white unis!!!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Honestly, if you're one of those people who doesn't buy it every year cause it's always the same, there really is enough different this year to justify it. It is HARD compared to last years, but maybe I'm just not used to it yet. I'm throwing a lot of picks!

Franchise mode this year makes you feel more like the head coach than the owner if that makes sense... You actually create a coach or you can choose a real one. I am the Fish at the moment, moustache and all. There are a lot of smaller changes that appeal to me and make it more immersive, for example if you try to resign a player and you offer a deal he doesn't like he can flat out refuse to sign with you, also after making an offer you have to wait a few days for the players agent to get back to you. Scouting and player progression are completely different too.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
ScotsRam said:
Honestly, if you're one of those people who doesn't buy it every year cause it's always the same, there really is enough different this year to justify it. It is HARD compared to last years, but maybe I'm just not used to it yet. I'm throwing a lot of picks!

Franchise mode this year makes you feel more like the head coach than the owner if that makes sense... You actually create a coach or you can choose a real one. I am the Fish at the moment, moustache and all. There are a lot of smaller changes that appeal to me and make it more immersive, for example if you try to resign a player and you offer a deal he doesn't like he can flat out refuse to sign with you, also after making an offer you have to wait a few days for the players agent to get back to you. Scouting and player progression are completely different too.
Haha, I had to pick coach and go with Fisher too, probably gonna do my player one as Sam and just tear em up!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Barrison6 said:
ScotsRam said:

Haha, I had to pick coach and go with Fisher too, probably gonna do my player one as Sam and just tear em up!

Haha I'll get through everyone, need to get Long the all time sack record!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Is it possible to edit teams or did they really decide to take that feature out altogether? Don't get me wrong; everything else looks wonderful, but...

Angry Ram

Memento said:
Is it possible to edit teams or did they really decide to take that feature out altogether? Don't get me wrong; everything else looks wonderful, but...

You can only edit uniforms, meaning which uni is default home. Oh and you can't import college players from NCAA.

I get the frustration of not having that and a fantasy draft (which is not there either). But when I would do fantasy drafts, I would get into the "no I need this guy...no I want Revis and Suh and Bradford on the same damn team!!!" I'm kinda glad every team is gonna be used w/ their own strengths and weaknesses.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Angry Ram said:
Memento said:

You can only edit uniforms, meaning which uni is default home. Oh and you can't import college players from NCAA.

I get the frustration of not having that and a fantasy draft (which is not there either). But when I would do fantasy drafts, I would get into the "no I need this guy...no I want Revis and Suh and Bradford on the same damn team!!!" I'm kinda glad every team is gonna be used w/ their own strengths and weaknesses.

They should've never taken either of them out. Honestly, taking editing out of a sports game is just...wrong on so many levels. That's why we play them; things in the games don't normally correlate to real life. Why shouldn't we have the option of having Suh and Bradford on the same damned team? Why can't I fix the rating of a player who deserves better than what they got?

I don't get decisions like that, and I'm probably going to stop buying the series (as well as the NHL series; did you know that they're not even adding Tarasenko to the Blues roster when they knew he was coming in? Ranking Jaden Schwartz only a 65?! And why the fuck is Pietrangelo only a fucking 87-rated player?! And behind Edler and Dan fucking Hamhuis?!) until they fix it.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Memento said:
Angry Ram said:
Memento said:

They should've never taken either of them out. Honestly, taking editing out of a sports game is just...wrong on so many levels. That's why we play them; things in the games don't normally correlate to real life. Why shouldn't we have the option of having Suh and Bradford on the same damned team? Why can't I fix the rating of a player who deserves better than what they got?

I don't get decisions like that, and I'm probably going to stop buying the series (as well as the NHL series; did you know that they're not even adding Tarasenko to the Blues roster when they knew he was coming in? Ranking Jaden Schwartz only a 65?! And why the fuck is Pietrangelo only a fucking 87-rated player?! And behind Edler and Dan fucking Hamhuis?!) until they fix it.

Oh yeah, that pissed me off. Doughty is ranked below them as well. In fact, the Kings (and the Blues for that matter) have 3 of their D-men ranked in the 70's, and 2 ranked in the low 80's, with Doughty their top man at 87.... This is the number 2 defense in the NHL (the Blues are the same I believe and they were the #1 defense).... Vancouver? 1 D-man rated in the 70's, and the rest in the 80's, with two players rated 88. In no way shape or form is Vancouver defense even close to being better than LA or St Louis.... Then Kopitar and Brown would be on Vancouver's 3rd line? Even though they just destroyed Vancouver in the playoffs, Brown basically owned every single game in that series. Quick rated below Miller?

But I can change those... At least I'm pretty sure I can.

I don't understand why I can't edit the ratings if I wanna do my own offline franchise though. It's my own offline game, why can't I play it how I want to play it? That really turns me off from Madden.

Memento

Name
Jemma
bluecoconuts said:
Memento said:
Angry Ram said:
Memento said:

Oh yeah, that pissed me off. Doughty is ranked below them as well. In fact, the Kings (and the Blues for that matter) have 3 of their D-men ranked in the 70's, and 2 ranked in the low 80's, with Doughty their top man at 87.... This is the number 2 defense in the NHL (the Blues are the same I believe and they were the #1 defense).... Vancouver? 1 D-man rated in the 70's, and the rest in the 80's, with two players rated 88. In no way shape or form is Vancouver defense even close to being better than LA or St Louis.... Then Kopitar and Brown would be on Vancouver's 3rd line? Even though they just destroyed Vancouver in the playoffs, Brown basically owned every single game in that series. Quick rated below Miller?

I don't understand why I can't edit the ratings if I wanna do my own offline franchise though. It's my own offline game, why can't I play it how I want to play it? That really turns me off from Madden.

Totally agree. That was just insulting. EA can go broke and move to Antarctica for all I care. I'm not buying any sports product from them until they stop screwing with what works.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I still play Madden 2004.
I think I'm into my 27th season, and you wouldn't recognize one single person on my team.
Everyone that was good has retired.

The best part of that game is the scouting, drafting, and development cycles.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
bluecoconuts said:
Memento said:
Angry Ram said:
Memento said:

I don't get decisions like that, and I'm probably going to stop buying the series (as well as the NHL series; did you know that they're not even adding Tarasenko to the Blues roster when they knew he was coming in? Ranking Jaden Schwartz only a 65?! And why the freak is Pietrangelo only a freaking 87-rated player?! And behind Edler and Dan freaking Hamhuis?!) until they fix it.

I doubt that you're making anyone on your chosen team worse than they are on the game...You can go to league sliders and make pass rush easier if thats hard for you, or passing, rushing etc etc. Overall ratings are not really a big deal. Jenkins plays like he's a 92 overall and hes only a 70 something. (awareness is low)

You do get to improve your players. If you players do good you get XP points which can be used to upgrade them.

I think they tried to aim the game to keep it as realistic as possible...I love it too.

Memento

Name
Jemma
QuantumOfSalas said:
bluecoconuts said:
Memento said:
Angry Ram said:
Memento said:

I don't get decisions like that, and I'm probably going to stop buying the series (as well as the NHL series; did you know that they're not even adding Tarasenko to the Blues roster when they knew he was coming in? Ranking Jaden Schwartz only a 65?! And why the freak is Pietrangelo only a freaking 87-rated player?! And behind Edler and Dan freaking Hamhuis?!) until they fix it.

I doubt that you're making anyone on your chosen team worse than they are on the game...You can go to league sliders and make pass rush easier if thats hard for you, or passing, rushing etc etc. Overall ratings are not really a big deal. Jenkins plays like he's a 92 overall and hes only a 70 something. (awareness is low)

You do get to improve your players. If you players do good you get XP points which can be used to upgrade them.

I think they tried to aim the game to keep it as realistic as possible...I love it too.

What if you want certain players on your team? I can't trade Jeremy Maclin to the Rams now, and there's no way the Eagles are going to let him get to free agency. What if Saffold has an amazing season like he did in 2010? I won't be able to edit him in the game, and since I don't have Xbox-Live, he'll always be a below-average tackle in Madden 13 if I tried to play it. And I can't even edit the rosters to make them realistic.

I have no problem with the game itself. I have a problem with them taking out a core element of a sports game for no good reason.

Angry Ram

It's a fun game, tho. The gameplay is amazing.

So far you can do a ton in connected career. You have to earn XP to boost attributes. XP is earned through practice. I can't wait until I unlock Marshall Faulk and use him for career.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Angry Ram said:
It's a fun game, tho. The gameplay is amazing.

So far you can do a ton in connected career. You have to earn XP to boost attributes. XP is earned through practice. I can't wait until I unlock Marshall Faulk and use him for career.

I do get what you guys are saying. I understand that EA is actually trying to make changes for the better in the case of Madden 13. It truly does have a lot of innovative features that I love. If they hadn't pulled out the editing, I'd have been one of the first to buy it. I just...I don't know.

I'm not saying it's a bad game at all, and I apologize if I came off that way. I just think that taking out editing in a sports game is a mistake.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Memento- you can in fact edit players. You have to save it before you start a franchise though, you can't do it in the franchise like you could last year. Also, if you want to go online you'll need to revert to the official roster. Save two versions- one offline and one online- and you'll be fine.

Memento

Name
Jemma
ScotsRam said:
Memento- you can in fact edit players. You have to save it before you start a franchise though, you can't do it in the franchise like you could last year. Also, if you want to go online you'll need to revert to the official roster. Save two versions- one offline and one online- and you'll be fine.

Really? I never use online anyway, so this is perfect for me. I may have to try this game after all. Thank you, EA.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Memento said:
ScotsRam said:

Really? I never use online anyway, so this is perfect for me. I may have to try this game after all. Thank you, EA.

Yeah. Just go to My Madden> Manage NFL Rosters.

Angry Ram

Edit players, yeah you can do that.

But still, no fantasy draft. And honestly I don't care about it if only we could have full control of the league. I don't want to start a new career if I wanna play as Megatron or Peterson or something. You can't play as other teams if you are the Rams or Steelers or w/e.