Losing Williams offers chance to Upgrade : Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It makes me sick to be this hemmed in with our high picks. We have no choice but to go OL...

maybe that's a good thing. the oline will finally be addressed.

and just maybe fisher and snead like what they see in this year's draft and let mediocre talent walk (excluding saffold but no way they could match what the raiders threw at him) so they could reinforce the line with better players in their mind.

wrstdude

Rookie
Valid point, but I stand by my post.

I demand a full retraction and an apology! You're probably right...I'm more holding out hope. They can't continue to do the same thing every year right? There has to be a point where they say...this isn't working.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
maybe that's a good thing. the oline will finally be addressed.

and just maybe fisher and snead like what they see in this year's draft and let mediocre talent walk (excluding saffold but no way they could match what the raiders threw at him) so they could reinforce the line with better players in their mind.

Going into last year, I didn't think we had a problem at WR. Maybe if we fix the OL then that state of mind will return. With that said, I'm really bummed we won't get Watkins. I even prefer Robinson! But dang, we're never gonna get a true #1

nighttrain

Legend
Losing Saffold and Williams makes me very hopeful that the Rams will address the Oline early and often. The Oline problem did not just become a reality this offseason. It has been a need for years! I just would have preferred they idn't back themselves into a corner like they did.
Saffold and Williams went to the stupidest high bid, thank God we didn't try to match those ridiculous contracts
train

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
It makes me sick to be this hemmed in with our high picks. We have no choice but to go OL...

Only Sammy Watkins dreamers think that way:)

Losing Saffold and Williams makes me very hopeful that the Rams will address the Oline early and often. The Oline problem did not just become a reality this offseason. It has been a need for years! I just would have preferred they idn't back themselves into a corner like they did.

You are so correct I have pointed this out on dozens of previous posts. The mandate for many OL'ers comes from lack of attention in the 2012 & 2013 drafts. I like to think they planned all of this?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I still disagree. We only have no choice IF both guard positions are vacant going into the draft. If we do something to address one of them, we can still go elsewhere early then pick up another guard late 1st (trading up) or early 2nd.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I still disagree.

Nothing new here.

I'm still always right. :D

I just hope we have a DANG good plan. Wish I had Snead's number so we could sort this all out... for me lol. But then I'd come over and share it all with you guys. That could be a very bad thing...

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I thought *I* had the special card that let me always be right!

You know... what ARE we all going to be arguing about after the draft?

The beauty is not knowing of which is also the curse. Clear as mud? Lol

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I still disagree. We only have no choice IF both guard positions are vacant going into the draft. If we do something to address one of them, we can still go elsewhere early then pick up another guard late 1st (trading up) or early 2nd.

Rams stand a very high chance to loose FOUR main starting OG's off our 2013 roster & both back up swing OT's ...Dahl- Williams- Saffold & Smith...I see no other area of the master player roster where the need is absolutely critical as the OL. Can you help me out on another area that has taken anything close to a hit like the OL? Only one starter on defense OSLB Dunbar, we lost one Nickle CB, two back up safeties, back up QB, a 3rd string TE, Zero wide outs, no DL'ers help me out here....

lockdnram21

Legend

it would be stupid not to get Robinson or Matthews with long Questionable and injury prone. what i think will happen is Robinson/Matthews with a trade down and if there gone Lewan.Its not just about next year its about the future.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I demand a full retraction and an apology! You're probably right...I'm more holding out hope. They can't continue to do the same thing every year right? There has to be a point where they say...this isn't working.

Well, it's been three years and counting. They certainly don't seem to have reached that point yet.

I guess job security will do that.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Let all the other suckers waste their money by building their houses out of bricks.
Straw is working out just fine for the Rams, thank you very much.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Rams stand a very high chance to loose FOUR main starting OG's off our 2013 roster & both back up swing OT's ...Dahl- Williams- Saffold & Smith...I see no other area of the master player roster where the need is absolutely critical as the OL. Can you help me out on another area that has taken anything close to a hit like the OL? Only one starter on defense OSLB Dunbar, we lost one Nickle CB, two back up safeties, back up QB, a 3rd string TE, Zero wide outs, no DL'ers help me out here....
OG depth is pretty easily obtainable. What concerns me is the starters. If we can fill one of those holes, that leaves us one more to fill. I want to fix the OL but not overinvest in it.

it would be stupid not to get Robinson or Matthews with long Questionable and injury prone. what i think will happen is Robinson/Matthews with a trade down and if there gone Lewan.Its not just about next year its about the future.
Several people disagree with the notion that "just in case" is a compelling reason to use a top 10 draft pick as opposed to an actual need right now where the pick will be playing in the position he was picked in.

If it weren't for the allegations against him, I'd be all for Lewan at #13 though.

Alan

Legend
I love your sense of humor Merlin. You must get that from your background with the Druids. Good to have you posting here.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I love your sense of humor Merlin. You must get that from your background with the Druids. Good to have you posting here.

Thanks Alan.
How could you not enjoy coming here and commiserating with the similarly afflicted.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Robinson is the highest rated player in a position of need! Matthews is not far behind him! Tackle/guard those 2 are interchangeable at those positions! Guard is a position of need now and tackle will be soon. Only people that make sense to draft! Not just my opinion!