Losing my taste for movie theaters…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The only theater I would go to is an IMAX. Its like an amusement park ride the way they move your seat around and special effects like the floor rumbling, smoke, air blasts, etc. My wife didn't like it because she felt beat up afterwards with the seat going up, down, sideways, tilt. I thought it was cool.

This guy has the 4DX experience and it shows!

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
@AvengerRam I recommend putting popcorn butter on the seats and movie screen. That usually works for me.

Sometimes I'll even sneak in some Tajin to spice up the floors too.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@AvengerRam I recommend putting popcorn butter on the seats and movie screen. That usually works for me.

Sometimes I'll even sneak in some Tajin to spice up the floors too.
no way do not want GIF by CBC

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Mari and I go th the movies every week. I shut down at noon, and we head out to a matinee at one of the many local theaters with recliner seating (always).

Get the asshole chatters (always old people), phone peekers, (mostly old people), and loud eaters, (some people).
Not me and Mari of course. :rolleyes::hush::biggrin:

We split a medium popcorn, (bring an old bag along), and have an unlimited pass for $20/month each, so expense isn't an issue.

I don't have a huge TV (65"), and have a fantastic surround system, and I get the convenience at home, but still really enjoy the theater experience, and will miss it when they eventually become (another) thing of the past.

(And I got a LOT of past - just ask @RamFan503).

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I enjoy the thought of seeing a movie in the theatre but think we've been to maybe three since covid started. I think last one we went to was the last Spider Man movie. But being a 6'5" large dude most theatres are not very comfortable for me. Even the comfy recliner theatres are a bit tight or the foot rests end about where the back of my knees are and feet just hang off the end anyway. I don't even bother with the fancy IMAX/4D theatres because those seats are seemingly made for 12 year old sized adults.

I do still love a big ole tub of movie theatre popcorn though but it's not enough to keep me from just watching it in my recliner at home though.
Dang. almost no chair in public will be comfortable for you...unless it was made for Andre the Giant

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ended up going back to the theatre to see Spider-Man: Across the Spiderverse. Worth it to see that film, which was outstanding!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
And the popcorn is to die for. Seriously, there is no better place to get popcorn than a movie theater, and if you make it a large - at least, at the theaters I've been to in Missouri - refills are free.
How much popcorn can you eat??? The large popcorn at all of the theatre's I have been to comes in a bucket the size of a trash can, haha.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
between 2 tickets and snacks, a $50 dollar movie night was no longer worth it regardless of the movie being shown. heck, it's $20 to stream a new movie in your own home. patience is a virtue if you don't want to go broke watching movies. plus, the wife and I have a rule we use that if the movie chosen by one of us is a dud, the other spouse has right of first refusal. usually we both vote 2-0 , but it allows for more "risky" choices of movies we may not normally choose to watch.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How much popcorn can you eat??? The large popcorn at all of the theatre's I have been to comes in a bucket the size of a trash can, haha.
he must be afraid of high electric bills @ home, making O. Reddenbacher nearly every kernel popped claim to fame popcorn. i'm down to one bag per motion picture myself instead of the monster bucket.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

All the popcorn. Never underestimate the power of movie popcorn with a shitton of butter.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All the popcorn. Never underestimate the power of movie popcorn with a shitton of butter.
and a gallon of Diet Pepsi (small soft drink). After all, we must watch our weight.....

Vapor

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Vapor
Last few times I went to the movies I almost got in a fight. Putting feet up in seat between wife and I and not expecting kick back, Disrespectful kids and other just don't care about anybody but myself people.
I watch movies at home thank you very much.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
and a gallon of Diet Pepsi (small soft drink). After all, we must watch our weight.....

I actually only drink water. I hate the taste of soda, and the only coffee I have is in ice cream.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
between 2 tickets and snacks, a $50 dollar movie night was no longer worth it regardless of the movie being shown. heck, it's $20 to stream a new movie in your own home. patience is a virtue if you don't want to go broke watching movies. plus, the wife and I have a rule we use that if the movie chosen by one of us is a dud, the other spouse has right of first refusal. usually we both vote 2-0 , but it allows for more "risky" choices of movies we may not normally choose to watch.

You know...you don't HAVE to buy the snacks. I don't understand it...there's no rule that says you have to, buy $10 beers at NFL games, etc.

I get the food is what makes the theaters money, but still...I can handle a couple hours without food.

Besides i think the bucket of popcorn (sometimes in a bonus take home tin and refills) isn't that bad of a price. I got an Ant-Man and Black Panther bucket that's pretty cool and use it for my microwave popcorn.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
My kid and I go to the theater for every Marvel movie that comes out. If it was just me I’d wait for them to air on Disney plus. But, it’s a tradition that he loves. He even turned down a girl that asked him out to go see Quantummania., lol.

My big hang up is the cleanliness factor. Ever since I found out that lice can be transferred to your hair if the person who sat there before you had it and rested their head on the back of the seat, I can’t get it out of my mind. I wear a hooded shirt or my Gortex rain coat and keep the hood up now.

Anyone can get lice. My wife had an appointment with a doctor and she said the Dr. had lice. The woman had no idea and was very embarrassed. She likely got it from a patient, or possibly a theater.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Theaters were a bigger deal when most TVs were 26 inches. We used to get right up close to the TV when I watched movies and sports. Now I’m at the other end of the living room.