Los Angeles Rams final 53 man roster

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Unless Justin Davis has proven that he can catch out of the backfield and pickup all the protections, I can't see him making the roster over Brown.
In preseason 2017, Davis had 10 catches for 84 yds. So he’s proven himself a bit in that area.

To my eye, Brown doesn’t look as sharp as last year, the lost weight didn’t help.

If not for the hamstring injury, Davis had a shot to unseat Brown, IMHO.

Obviously Rams saw enough potential in Davis that they didn’t want to risk losing him. After the fumble-yips of his first 2017 game, Davis has looked impressive.

Oh, and Kelly has looked awesome, as soon as he can be counted in for protections, he’s our #2 RB.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Glad Kelly made the roster.

I think he could be a helluva change of pace back to Gurley AND he runs angry.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
In preseason 2017, Davis had 10 catches for 84 yds. So he’s proven himself a bit in that area.

To my eye, Brown doesn’t look as sharp as last year, the lost weight didn’t help.

If not for the hamstring injury, Davis had a shot to unseat Brown, IMHO.

Obviously Rams saw enough potential in Davis that they didn’t want to risk losing him. After the fumble-yips of his first 2017 game, Davis has looked impressive.

Oh, and Kelly has looked awesome, as soon as he can be counted in for protections, he’s our #2 RB.
Brown looked very ineffective this preseason. I am so impressed with Kelley that I am not concerned with the need for Brown as last season. Davis when given the opportunity to run in both pre seasons has been very effective. I see no big issue with going with Davis and Kelley as our top two back ups to Gurley. I see a big difference in Davis's pass blocking and ball control.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
These guys all worked hard for their dream of playing in the NFL. It is easy to just see them as a commodity.

But for many of these guys, they have worn the horns, and for many, any helmet, for the last time. I thank them for their hard work, and dedicate this perfect song of encouragement to them...

:cheers:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7V5t9ECZXo

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I'm a bit surprised about Price getting cut....saw him making plays... as much as you'd want Hemmingway to make it....I saw some drops this preseason

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm a bit surprised about Price getting cut....saw him making plays... as much as you'd want Hemmingway to make it....I saw some drops this preseason
Mundt just killed it when given a chance. He will sky and fight for the ball. Practice squad guy makes the grade.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Any of the rookies that were UDFA make the team?

Don't believe it, which would be a first when compared to recent years.

Now Mundt and Isaiah Johnson were UDFA's last year, although I believe Johnson was from Detroit... he may even been from 16'.

I guess it's a sign the roster is tougher to crack. Although with so many draft picks that made it, that makes it tough as well.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam

Price getting cut was also a surprise to me! Really thought he would make the roster!

fearsomefour

Legend
These guys all worked hard for their dream of playing in the NFL. It is easy to just see them as a commodity.

But for many of these guys, they have worn the horns, and for many, any helmet, for the last time. I thank them for their hard work, and dedicate this perfect song of encouragement to them...

:cheers:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7V5t9ECZXo

Well said.
They are a commodity however.
It has to be very tough for guy that are almost there.
Neary comes to mind. He was not terrible at C in his start vs SF.
I think he was in a camp two years before his two years with the Rams. He has earned some checks, although, not the big NFL money. He is almost there. He can play and make some nice plays. But then, he gives up leverage on a play and it gets blown up. He is a step late on a play. Then is solid for another 3 or 4.
He is probably physically maxed out to compete at this level. A guy who probably dominated at every level from pop Warner on gets to the NFL and is fighting like hell to be a back of roster guy. He is almost there but is probably at his max. Maxed out in strength and athleticism and size. I feel badly for that kind of guy. 95% there to being a guy who can stick on a roster.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He would have made it if they had not moved Easly to OLB. I was surprised they kept Hill over Hatfield.

I'm not, have a feeling Hill is better on game day. Hatfield great kid, but he reminds me of Coty Sensabaugh, Hatfield seems to just get beaten and every time Hatfield was in the game, his guy always caught a TD pass.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
All things being equal between those two, Hill has an inch of height and about 15 pounds on Hatfield.

Hill has played better in real NFL games.... I like Hattfield...really pull for him.... I remember seeing him play up close in High School.... but Hill is a better all around corner at this point

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm not, have a feeling Hill is better on game day. Hatfield great kid, but he reminds me of Coty Sensabaugh, Hatfield seems to just get beaten and every time Hatfield was in the game, his guy always caught a TD pass.
I never relish in a player being cut but I did NOT want to ever see Hatfield on the field again - at least not wearing the Horns. This also tells us that this year’s back-ups > last year.

WestCoastRam

Legend
There was an interesting blurb on NFL.com how the new kicking rules basically eliminate offensive linemen on kick returns or the need for big bodies in general. I wonder if that will be a factor in how many Olinemen we actually keep. 8 still feels light but maybe that will be the number.