Looks like The Rams will sign Dominique Easley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Need him for depth , early and longacre can both make plays and need to keep 99 and brockers fresh.

Need a big body for the middle , pot roast was one of the reasons that Denver D was so stingy. Would not want to waste brockers talent just occupying the middle .

fearsomefour

Legend
Makes too much sense not to.
Talent at a minimum salary is hard to find.
We all know the injury and risk of another injury. For the price it's a no brained to me.

fearsomefour

Legend
Need him for depth , early and longacre can both make plays and need to keep 99 and brockers fresh.

Need a big body for the middle , pot roast was one of the reasons that Denver D was so stingy. Would not want to waste brockers talent just occupying the middle .
No reason signing Easley would impact Brockers at all. A DL rotation is what a great D needs. Impacting someone like Smart? Yes.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
During one of the games late last season during a break, they cut to the Rams sideline where they had a short conversation with Dom Easley. He said his knee had been reconstructed and it felt stronger than before his first ACL and he was well ahead of rehab. He said he fully expect to be back with the Rams for OTA's and TC.

Also worth noting he was on the Rams sideline for every game last season.

Easley would be good rotational player. If Rams add Suh, Rams would have 4 1st rounders on the DL.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Easley can’t be counted on to be a starter stay healthy. He’s a depth signing to back up Donald/Brockers. Brockers needs to stay at the 5 tech position.

Fixed it for you. :eek:

Long as the price was affordable and commensurate with a depth role I'm fine with it. But I'm not a fan of throwing good money after bad for a guy you can't trust.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Easly Can flat out ball when he's healthy, unfortunately that hasn't often been the case. He is certainly a nice addition of talent into our Dline rotation. lets hope for the best.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Hardly the same thing.
Finding a talented DL who can work in rotation is much harder than finding a rotational RB.

My point was was Easley is seemingly always injured. I don't think dude has ever played a full season.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'd say this is the kiss of death for Westbrooks or Fox.....

Good move...guy's a problem when he can play.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
During one of the games late last season during a break, they cut to the Rams sideline where they had a short conversation with Dom Easley. He said his knee had been reconstructed and it felt stronger than before his first ACL and he was well ahead of rehab. He said he fully expect to be back with the Rams for OTA's and TC.

Also worth noting he was on the Rams sideline for every game last season.

Easley would be good rotational player. If Rams add Suh, Rams would have 4 1st rounders on the DL.

Pretty amazing to think about.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Champ there is no way Westbrook’s & Morgan Fox are gone. Those 2 are very underrated. They both play hard & are productive.

I think it means Connor Barwin might not be brought back ?

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Easley seems like one of those guys who is too athletic for his own good, like Watt, or Derrick Rose. Most humans just aren't allowed to be so explosive.

Hope he stays healthy and plays well. He's been though a lot of shit with these knee injuries.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
So we move Brockers out of NT into the LDE spot and he excels and now we fans want to move him back to NT? Nah add a NT and leave the guy where he kicked butt.

While brockers should remain the starter at DE, it would be foolish to not have packages where he's at NT and Easley and Donald at DE. Too good of a front 3 to not be used together

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
While brockers should remain the starter at DE, it would be foolish to not have packages where he's at NT and Easley and Donald at DE. Too good of a front 3 to not be used together
Or use Easley there in race car packages and use the NT we add along with Easley at NT.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler

I think its more likely they try and sneak Tanzel Smart onto the practice squad and let Easley back up Donald. Westbrooks can play all the down lineman spots, but is probably at his best as the backup NT. Fox probably plays heavy rotational snaps as a 5 tech on another team, so he has a lot of value as well.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Champ there is no way Westbrook’s & Morgan Fox are gone. Those 2 are very underrated. They both play hard & are productive.
I think it means Connor Barwin might not be brought back ?
I think its more likely they try and sneak Tanzel Smart onto the practice squad and let Easley back up Donald. Westbrooks can play all the down lineman spots, but is probably at his best as the backup NT. Fox probably plays heavy rotational snaps as a 5 tech on another team, so he has a lot of value as well.
I think both Westbrooks & Fox could start on some teams....in the near future....I just don't see a place for them if we sign Suh....signed Easley....have Donald, Brockers, Smart....am I missing someone??? One or both are probably gone.

Barwin is a OLB....and I wouldn't bring him back either.
Easley seems like one of those guys who is too athletic for his own good, like Watt, or Derrick Rose. Most humans just aren't allowed to be so explosive.
Hmmmmm....there is a belief that tendons and ligaments don't strengthen like muscle....no real blood supply....anyhoots....

D Rose movements did seem to indicate he'd blow something....those jump stops....but he didn't look highly trained....to me....probably a natural athlete...didn't need much to be as explosive as he was.

Watt seemed to take training to the extreme....I didn't understand why he did so much of that tire lifting stuff....wasn't surprised he had back trouble.

Easley....man if you saw him in person....quite a man....very heavily muscled....short in stature....but if you look out there, he fits....next to Brockers...Westbrooks...guys short like AD....but even more muscular. After Willis McGehee...I don't doubt anyone with an ACL injury....Med. science has just advanced too far....I think if he stays motivated to play, he'll be fine.