Looks like Fisher to Phins (official rumor thread)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/12/the-jeff-fisher-leverage-game-continues/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... continues/</a>

The Jeff Fisher Leverage Game continues

Posted by Mike Florio on January 12, 2012, 9:36 AM EST

AP
Last week, Jeff Fisher supposedly was leaning toward picking the Dolphins. Then, he supposedly was on the verge of choosing the Rams.

Now, according to Mike Lombardi of NFL.com, Fisher has flip-flopped back to the Fins, and that a decision could come Thursday.

Though Lombardi may indeed be right, this continues to come off as nothing more than a high-stakes leverage game, with Fisher playing one franchise against the other in the hopes of extracting the best possible deal. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, but at some point Rams owner Stan Kroenke or Dolphins owner Stephen Ross — or boss — need to stand up and say, “Enough.”

When it comes to former NFL coaches looking for another shot, Fisher is the prettiest girl at an ugly stick ball. With six playoff appearances in 17 seasons as an NFL head coach, he’s benefiting from the fact that Tony Dungy, Bill Cowher, and Jon Gruden have decided to stay home. Any of them would have supplanted Fisher as the must-have coach of 2012.

So when will someone from the Rams or the Dolphins have the sack to say so? Instead, these two franchises are allowing themselves to be played like fools, waiting around for Fisher to make up his mind instead of moving on to the next candidate.

And, yes, the next candidate may not have the same name recognition and/or sizzle. Mike McCarthy, Mike Tomlin, and Asshole Face had little name recognition, either. But things have worked out just fine for the Packers, Steelers, and Saints.

Besides, shouldn’t Kroenke be disturbed by the fact that Fisher’s camp leaked the notion that a possible relocation of the franchise to Los Angeles could become an issue in the negotiations? Kroenke should have contacted Fisher’s agent, Marvin Demoff, and demanded an immediate statement from Fisher refuting the report. And if Fisher refused, Kroenke should have moved on.

At this point, both Kroenke and Ross would be wise to move on. It’s obvious that they’re being played against each other. In the end, one will be left holding the bag.

Over the long term, the guy who’s holding the bag could have the better chance of ultimately holding a Lombardi Trophy.

So who has the sack to move on.

Anonymous

If I was in his place I would do the same. I think most everyone would too. It's a great place to be.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Yamahopper said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/12/the-jeff-fisher-leverage-game-continues/

The Jeff Fisher Leverage Game continues

Posted by Mike Florio on January 12, 2012, 9:36 AM EST

AP
Last week, Jeff Fisher supposedly was leaning toward picking the Dolphins. Then, he supposedly was on the verge of choosing the Rams.

Now, according to Mike Lombardi of NFL.com, Fisher has flip-flopped back to the Fins, and that a decision could come Thursday.

Though Lombardi may indeed be right, this continues to come off as nothing more than a high-stakes leverage game, with Fisher playing one franchise against the other in the hopes of extracting the best possible deal. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, but at some point Rams owner Stan Kroenke or Dolphins owner Stephen Ross — or boss — need to stand up and say, “Enough.”

When it comes to former NFL coaches looking for another shot, Fisher is the prettiest girl at an ugly stick ball. With six playoff appearances in 17 seasons as an NFL head coach, he’s benefiting from the fact that Tony Dungy, Bill Cowher, and Jon Gruden have decided to stay home. Any of them would have supplanted Fisher as the must-have coach of 2012.

So when will someone from the Rams or the Dolphins have the sack to say so? Instead, these two franchises are allowing themselves to be played like fools, waiting around for Fisher to make up his mind instead of moving on to the next candidate.

And, yes, the next candidate may not have the same name recognition and/or sizzle. Mike McCarthy, Mike Tomlin, and Asshole Face had little name recognition, either. But things have worked out just fine for the Packers, Steelers, and Saints.

Besides, shouldn’t Kroenke be disturbed by the fact that Fisher’s camp leaked the notion that a possible relocation of the franchise to Los Angeles could become an issue in the negotiations?Kroenke should have contacted Fisher’s agent, Marvin Demoff, and demanded an immediate statement from Fisher refuting the report. And if Fisher refused, Kroenke should have moved on.

At this point, both Kroenke and Ross would be wise to move on. It’s obvious that they’re being played against each other. In the end, one will be left holding the bag.

Over the long term, the guy who’s holding the bag could have the better chance of ultimately holding a Lombardi Trophy.

So who has the sack to move on.
Yup, this is what I've been posting. .... all this media noise is Fisher's camp trying to gain leverage, and it has been pretty damn transparent, and quite frankly, more than a little imature.

I thought Marvin Demoff (Fisher's Agent) was supposed to be some kind of guru or something. Well, if this is how his plays, then he has little respect from me.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We need to move on from Fisher. Pick the best guy and lets go Stan.......

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
squeaky wheel said:
If I was in his place I would do the same. I think most everyone would too. It's a great place to be.

Do we want a guy that's trying to squezze out every nickle he can possiblly extract and play head games with the people he will be working for?

Or do we want a coach that wants to be here. This is the RAMS. The RAMS don't beg.

Fisher= Whore with a mullet

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor

Anonymous

Yamahopper said:
squeaky wheel said:

Do we want a guy that's trying to squezze out every nickle he can possiblly extract and play head games with the people he will be working for?

Or do we want a coach that wants to be here. This is the RAMS. The RAMS don't beg.

It's only business. Rams need him more than he needs the Rams. So we wait until the deal is reached.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
squeaky wheel said:
Yamahopper said:
squeaky wheel said:

It's only business. Rams need him more than he needs the Rams. So we wait until the deal is reached.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiZdY9rw-uo[/youtube]

Anonymous

Faceplant said:
squeaky wheel said:
Yamahopper said:
squeaky wheel said:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiZdY9rw-uo[/youtube]

:cmon:

bluecoconuts

Legend
squeaky wheel said:
Yamahopper said:
squeaky wheel said:

No we don't. No one man should be above the team. If he wanted to be a part of the team then he would be. It seems that he wants money and power, and is willing to screw over at least one franchise (possibly both) to get it. That's not a good message to send to your players. He can go to Miami, he's not worth it. The only coach worth it for any sport would be Scotty Bowman, Jeff Fisher isn't that good of a coach where you should do this type of stuff for him. He is playing a game with the future of two teams out of greed. I don't want that.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
squeaky wheel said:
Yamahopper said:
squeaky wheel said:

Well, it's certainly a low-end way of doing business... planting bogus stories in the media via surrogates in order to improve your negotiating position, especially when some of those stories - like Fisher being concerned about Rams' move to LA - hurts the other party (ie Rams Nation).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
No we don't. No one man should be above the team. If he wanted to be a part of the team then he would be. It seems that he wants money and power, and is willing to screw over at least one franchise (possibly both) to get it. That's not a good message to send to your players. He can go to Miami, he's not worth it. The only coach worth it for any sport would be Scotty Bowman, Jeff Fisher isn't that good of a coach where you should do this type of stuff for him. He is playing a game with the future of two teams out of greed. I don't want that.
That's crazy talk. Fisher is the kind of coach that can put together strings of winning seasons no matter what happens around him. Injuries, lack of talent, doesn't matter. He'll pile on the wins.

Oh wait...

Nvm. :oops:

Anonymous

bluecoconuts said:
squeaky wheel said:
Yamahopper said:
squeaky wheel said:

Welcome to the world of capitalism. At this time it is a market of ONE. Now take a breath, relax, flush, pull up the big boy pants and wait for the decision. I can't understand all the angst based upon NOTHING other than having to wait. No one other than the principals involved know what the issues are in the negotiations.....so chill. SK is a billionaire.....for once I like our chances.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
bluecoconuts said:
The only coach worth it for any sport would be Phil Jackson..

Fixed it for you....

Anonymous

interference said:
squeaky wheel said:
Yamahopper said:
squeaky wheel said:

Well, it's certainly a low-end way of doing business... planting bogus stories in the media via surrogates in order to improve your negotiating position, especially when some of those stories - like Fisher being concerned about Rams' move to LA - hurts the other party (ie Rams Nation).

Well it's a weakness that Demoff Sr. is exploiting.....to both Fisher's benefit and quite possibly the St. Louis fans benefit by forcing the issue out in the open earlier and more intense than otherwise dictated by the stadium lease timetable. This could work out as a win-win for Fisher and St. Louis whether he coaches here or not. As for "low end way of doing business"....I don't see it reaching the level of billionaires getting the taxpayers to buy their place of business for them.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting.....

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 47m

A source close to Jeff Fisher insisted delay in chossing bw MIA and STL is not a leverage play and neither side has yet to make an offer.