Looks like Fisher to Phins (official rumor thread)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
interference said:
ScotsRam said:
I'll tell you what, if Fishers teams create as much confusion as this they might be able to win something.
This is great theater

Shakespeare is great theatre. This is a man holding two franchises and their fanbases hostage. It would be hilarious if both ourselves and the Dolphins signed a different coach and Fisher sat for another year.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Angry Ram said:
Faceplant said:
SOSAR.........

B/c there's a chance that the "hot name" coach might not come here??

It seems to me Kroenke/Demoff are making sure they have a plan B, interviewing a host of other guys.

Yamahopper said:
Username said:
What's so great about Chud? Sell me.

Nothing great about him or the rest of the candidates.
He has had some success He got Derek Anderson to the pro bowl and that should alone get him in the HOF.
He took the Pathetic, impotent Panther O of 10 and got them into the top 5 in points scored and top 10 in O this year.

Other than that he has never been a head coach and who knows how that will work out. but other than Bilick and Fassel and a few others there's not much out there with exp. and success.

So what?? 9 out of 12 playoff teams are 1st time HCs. Even John Fox was a 1st time HC that got Carolina to the SB and to the playoffs a number of times.

Yes they are. But how many have been disasters or the last 10 years.

Don't matter the exp. level all that matters is getting the right fit.

A offensive HC was my choice from day one. And Chud is the best out there unless we re-vist the past.

Anonymous

Re: Looks like Fisher to Phins.....

RamFan503 said:
Faceplant said:
X said:
Faceplant said:
Schefter is reporting that the Rams will interview Chudzinski tomorrow. Interesting.......
Yeah, it's scheduled. Schedules are easily broken, but it is interesting. Sounds like even the Rams don't know.

Save the drama for your momma, Jeff. Give your "official" word and let's either welcome you or kick you in the nards. I'm tired of hearing your name already.

x1000000000. Haha, you said "nards"!! I actually like the idea of Chudzinski (I know, I know another inexperienced HC)..........

Yeah - what's up with that Grampa. You dating youseff man. Paulie need a cane?

OK I'll bite......WTH is a nard?

ZGare

UDFA
If Fisher chooses Miami, is that like telling the current Rams Season Ticket holders that the Rams are definitely headed to LA? Since that is the likely reason he didn't want to come to the Rams? The Rams will play in St. Louis at least 3 more seasons. So they're not going to want to announce now that they are moving, since nobody would renew their season tickets. So will they string us along and be ambiguous about their plans?

I realize they have to be coy now to get the most out of the February CVC pitch on dome improvements that they can. But, as a charter PSL and season ticket holder since 1995, I'm going to think twice about re-upping this year unless Mr. Kroenke makes a definitive statement after the February CVC meeting, as Mr. Shahid Khan did when he bought the Jags. He said, "I just want to share with you, I'm totally committed to Jacksonville." and "It is my renewed commitment to the city and to earn their trust. This is a partnership with the fans. They have to come and support the team, but I am committed to doing whatever it takes to win on the field," said Khan when asked about keeping the franchise in Jacksonville. "What I want to share with the Jacksonville fans is: here I am, reporting for duty ready to serve the fans."

bluecoconuts

Legend
ZGare said:
If Fisher chooses Miami, is that like telling the current Rams Season Ticket holders that the Rams are definitely headed to LA? Since that is the likely reason he didn't want to come to the Rams? The Rams will play in St. Louis at least 3 more seasons. So they're not going to want to announce now that they are moving, since nobody would renew their season tickets. So will they string us along and be ambiguous about their plans?

I realize they have to be coy now to get the most out of the February CVC pitch on dome improvements that they can. But, as a charter PSL and season ticket holder since 1995, I'm going to think twice about re-upping this year unless Mr. Kroenke makes a definitive statement after the February CVC meeting, as Mr. Shahid Khan did when he bought the Jags. He said, "I just want to share with you, I'm totally committed to Jacksonville." and "It is my renewed commitment to the city and to earn their trust. This is a partnership with the fans. They have to come and support the team, but I am committed to doing whatever it takes to win on the field," said Khan when asked about keeping the franchise in Jacksonville. "What I want to share with the Jacksonville fans is: here I am, reporting for duty ready to serve the fans."

While it doesn't necessarily mean the Rams are definitely moving to LA, it means that Fisher was worried about a move to LA... Which means that Kroenke didn't assure him that there would be no move no matter what, which means that it is a possibility still and they are talking/thinking about it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ZGare said:

Khan said what Khan could say in that instance without verbally committing to anything. "I'm totally committed to Jacksonville." Okay, but for how long? I'm totally committed to this cheeseburger, but once it's gone, I'll find another cheeseburger.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Sounds to me like Fisher is bluffing (Miami over the Rams) and SK is calling his bluff (interviewing other candidates). What Fisher wants and what Fisher gets are 2 different things. I don't know if money or control are at issue, but I don't want him to have that much authority.

IDC how successful a HC is, giving him too much control leads to Carson Palmer for too many draft picks, or Ricky Williams for an entire draft.

steferfootball

Starter
I feel like if Fisher goes to Miami, that will be a great indication of Kronke's intentions.

Just the gut going again.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
squeaky wheel said:
Angry Ram said:
Faceplant said:
SOSAR.........

It seems to me Kroenke/Demoff are making sure they have a plan B, interviewing a host of other guys.

Yamahopper said:
Username said:

He has had some success He got Derek Anderson to the pro bowl and that should alone get him in the HOF.
He took the Pathetic, impotent Panther O of 10 and got them into the top 5 in points scored and top 10 in O this year.

Other than that he has never been a head coach and who knows how that will work out. but other than Bilick and Fassel and a few others there's not much out there with exp. and success.

So what?? 9 out of 12 playoff teams are 1st time HCs. Even John Fox was a 1st time HC that got Carolina to the SB and to the playoffs a number of times.

Some plan. :roll: I hope it's only posturing by both sides rather than the Rams scrambling weeks into the process to cover their ass.

How exactly are they "scrambling?" There's a chance Fisher won't come here and they are looking at other options.

Faceplant said:
Angry Ram said:
Faceplant said:
SOSAR.........

No. Because there is always a sense of disorganization within this "organization". That and the product has been crap for as long as I can remember (minus the few GSOT years). Here's hoping for change!!

Perhaps if fans/media fans allow to give some time, then there probably won't be that sense of disorganization. What happens if this team finishes, say 5-11. How much criticism is Bernie/Gordon gonna dish out??

Yamahopper said:
Angry Ram said:
Faceplant said:
SOSAR.........

Yamahopper said:
Username said:

Yes they are. But how many have been disasters or the last 10 years.

Don't matter the exp. level all that matters is getting the right fit.

A offensive HC was my choice from day one. And Chud is the best out there unless we re-vist the past.

None of them b/c those teams' owners and GMs allowed them time to develop rather than a HC change every 3 years. I agree that all it needs is a right fit, and while I have my own preferences, which is the cooridnator route, there needs to be stability.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
Khan said what Khan could say in that instance without verbally committing to anything. "I'm totally committed to Jacksonville." Okay, but for how long? I'm totally committed to this cheeseburger, but once it's gone, I'll find another cheeseburger.

I like cheeseburgers. :tooth:

Guess I'm just punchy cuz like many of you, I had hoped to hear TODAY if we had a coach. SUCKS waiting.

Anonymous

AR, If they don't sign him then they are most definitely scrambling. There hasn't been a steady stream of candidates interviewing for the job....other than checking the box for the Rooney Rule.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
ScotsRam said:
interference said:
ScotsRam said:
I'll tell you what, if Fishers teams create as much confusion as this they might be able to win something.
This is great theater

Shakespeare is great theatre. This is a man holding two franchises and their fanbases hostage. It would be hilarious if both ourselves and the Dolphins signed a different coach and Fisher sat for another year.
Why are people getting bent-out-of-shape over this. Who give a crap if we get Fish or not. I'm still not convinced that he's the best candidate, nor am I looking forward to watching boring football.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
squeaky wheel said:
AR, If they don't sign him then they are most definitely scrambling. There hasn't been a steady stream of candidates interviewing for the job....other than checking the box for the Rooney Rule.

Umm Ray Horton? Rob Chudzinski? Aaron Kromer (Saints assistant coach)? Trying for Jay Gruden? Dennis Allen?

interference said:
ScotsRam said:
interference said:
ScotsRam said:
This is great theater

Why are people getting bent-out-of-shape over this. Who give a crap if we get Fish or not. I'm still not convinced that he's the best candidate, nor am I looking forward to watching boring football.

Thank you. 6 winning seasons in 15 years w/ a bunch of 7-9, 8-8 teams in b/w. And the whole Peyton Manning thing is a poor excuse. It's only 2 games out of 16.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
interference said:
ScotsRam said:
interference said:
ScotsRam said:
This is great theater

Exactly, except I do believe that when it comes to experienced HCs, Fisher is the best one out there. When it comes to all the coordinators they are all unknown. We have tried hiring a rookie HC twice in recent years, didnt work. That recent history will make people more inclined to like Fisher. Im not gonna be upset if we dont land Fisher, im gonna support the new regime whether they have a proven track record or not. The bottom line is this new regime is in a better position to succeed when compared to Spags and Devaney.

Anonymous

interference said:
ScotsRam said:
interference said:
ScotsRam said:
This is great theater

The Titans were not boring.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
It cracks me up how some people can read so much into what is really no news at all.
Just a bunch of speculation. Patience, fellas. Chill!!
It's all gonna work out.

GO RAMS!!!!

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
squeaky wheel said:
interference said:
ScotsRam said:
interference said:
ScotsRam said:
This is great theater

The Titans were not boring.

They just never had a QB that you could rely on to carry the offense. They had to be balanced. Remember the SB? We moved the ball up and down the field the entire 1st half, but only scored 9 points. McNair was struggling, they didnt panic, and they came out and ran the ball in the 2nd half and McNair performed better because of that. VY is similar, he needs balance to succeed. I wish I could expand a little more on the Titans offense when they had McNair and George but I was very young at the time and only had a small sample size of the Titans games I remember lol.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
JdashSTL said:
Exactly, except I do believe that when it comes to experienced HCs, Fisher is the best one out there. When it comes to all the coordinators they are all unknown. We have tried hiring a rookie HC twice in recent years, didnt work. That recent history will make people more inclined to like Fisher. Im not gonna be upset if we dont land Fisher, im gonna support the new regime whether they have a proven track record or not. The bottom line is this new regime is in a better position to succeed when compared to Spags and Devaney.
If we're sticking with the 3-year yardstick of success (which I don't), then it didn't work. I maintain that Spags didn't fail, he ran out of time.

If we go with another rookie HC, hopefully he'll be more likely to succeed, given the improvements of the last 3 years.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Ram Quixote said:
JdashSTL said:
If we're sticking with the 3-year yardstick of success (which I don't), then it didn't work. I maintain that Spags didn't fail, he ran out of time.

If we go with another rookie HC, hopefully he'll be more likely to succeed, given the improvements of the last 3 years.

:bangin:

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Ram Quixote said:
JdashSTL said:

Well I just based it off of them not lasting long lol. From a fans perspective, I think some people look at that and believe we have to get an experienced HC. I dont think Kroenke is looking at it that way.

I fully expect that rookie HC (if we go that route) to be more likely to succeed. I dont care if its an offensive guy, or defensive guy lol.