Looks like 9ers are (not) hiring Gase/Jim Tomsula promoted to HC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Per @ProFootballTalk, 49ers to name Broncos OC Adam Gase as the next HC

Im not sure how I feel about this hire. I dont know if Gase is good or a product of Manning. I hope its the later and he and the 9ers crash and burn.

fearsomefour

Legend
Tahoe and Selassie both make great points....what do we know of Gase? Nothing.
If Elway and the FO he was the second coming of whomever they could easily have locked him up.
Im sure he is a bright guy and a capable enough OC....a head coach? Who knows?
The Whiners FO seems in disarray. Looking at Manning and his stats and thinking Gase could do the same thing with Kap is sort of whistling into the wind in my opinion.
I hope he is the second coming of Dennis Erickson for the Whiners.
From sfgate.com
"When Adam Gase was a low-level offensive assistant in 2008, then-49ers quarterbacks coach Ted Tollner was impressed with the 30-year-old’s ability to provide wisdom after doing his grunt work.

That is, Gase, now the Broncos’ offensive coordinator, offered suggestions to Tollner and offensive coordinator Mike Martz after hours of video breakdown.

“There are those (assistants who) could see what could be valuable and have insights and suggestions,” Tollner, 74, said Monday in a telephone interview. “They bring more to the table than just being a robot, so to speak. They have creativity. That’s the difference. And Adam always had ideas and thoughts that related well to what we were doing. Those are initial signs a guy has his own creative understanding.”"

That is an awfully fast rise from assistant to the assistant to HC. There was a bit about Mariucci helping him along too....ahh, the old boys network. Great club to get into, you'll never be out of work if you don't want to be....ask Rex Ryan.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Gase left town yesterday without a contract is still in Denver as far as I know and may be interviewing for the Broncos now, so whereas the Niners may be ready to offer him I wouldn't book it yet, I think the Broncos may be set on Kubiak anyway which may be why he hasn't interviewed for any of the jobs he's had feelers on

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I'd add this if it comes down to money IMO the Broncos will outbid the 49'rs

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I read an article about Martz where he complimented Gase. How about Gase HC, Manning QB (F/A) and Martz as the OC.
Good grief that's a nightmare

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I read an article about Martz where he complimented Gase. How about Gase HC, Manning QB (F/A) and Martz as the OC.
Good grief that's a nightmare
I'd be very surprised to see Manning move to the NFC,where his advancing to the SB might be over his bro. further I doubt they'd pay Manning what the Broncos intend to

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't doubt that Gase is up to snuff creatively as an X's and O's guy. But with first time head coaches that rise fast there are a lot of things they need to deal with that dilute his strengths. So we'll see, but I think it's a big dropoff from Harbaugh.

Elway clearly wasn't impressed with him.

Have to agree. Elway knows offense, so if he let Gase get away it tells me he probably isn't ready.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Hahahahaha
What a mistake!!! They had Vic Fangio and instead went for the fantasy hire

Best news we could hope for

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I'd still be surprised if the Broncos don't interview him, but IMO the best fit for the Bronco's is Kubiak and let him and Manning chose the OC.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Did anyone hear the local press conference from Elway?First thing he said was I'd like to thank John Elway, er uh I mean John Fox.
It was hilarious, guy thanked himself. They've been playing it on the radio constantly here in Denver.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Good inexperienced and over hyped I am hoping Gase is as successful with the 49ers as Scott Linehan was with the Rams.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Did anyone hear the local press conference from Elway?First thing he said was I'd like to thank John Elway, er uh I mean John Fox.
It was hilarious, guy thanked himself. They've been playing it on the radio constantly here in Denver.
His ego is as big as his gums.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So many changes in the NFC West... hard to tell how they'll all turn out.

Rams have only lost their OC, who many weren't sure was that good to begin with.

If continuity is the key to success, the Rams sem to be in good shape!

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I just read a story saying that Elway just finished interviewing Gase for the HC job in Denver. Maybe he's better liked by John Boy than I thought. ?