Looks like 9ers are (not) hiring Gase/Jim Tomsula promoted to HC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Per @ProFootballTalk, 49ers to name Broncos OC Adam Gase as the next HC

Im not sure how I feel about this hire. I dont know if Gase is good or a product of Manning. I hope its the later and he and the 9ers crash and burn.
My initial thoughts are Josh McDaniels Ver 2.0. He will take the niners to rock bottom.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
They're promoting Tomsula guaranteed. Interesting. Schefter reported it, I'm on mobile so can't report.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I dunno, can this egghead Gase be the leader of men as a HC? To me, and this may be really stupid on my part, he just doesn't look like a head coach. I hope the niners hire him and run Fangio out of town. The players over there love Fangio, hopefully the whole team will continue to spiral downward.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
They're promoting Tomsula guaranteed. Interesting. Schefter reported it, I'm on mobile so can't report.
Fangio still gone, there's that. Seeing it now on NFL network, going to be real interesting to see who they bring in to help krappy...

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If Fangio goes, that's good for us. But I think Tomsula could make a great HC for them with the right staff.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
From running out Harbough to shaking hands with the line backer coach? WTH SF

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The decision to promote from within makes the transition seem to be seamless, but considering the lore about Harbaugh being a bitter pill, it could BE that Tomsula hated Harbaugh the most and was someone Balke could commiserate with.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Awesome some Niner fans very upset and I'm hoping Tomsula is the next Richie Pettibone!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Awesome some Niner fans very upset and I'm hoping Tomsula is the next Richie Pettibone!

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/181000-you-approve-hiring-tomsula/

Do you approve the hiring of Tomsula as HC ?(78% so far say "no.")
--------
f**k this
---------
F NO!!!! I'm so angry, it's time to riot...IN OAKLAND!
------
Yes. Let's give him a chance.
-------
Do you think this "Yes Man" is going to win us a Super Bowl next year?

rotfl.gif

Answer that, and you know my answer.
--------
WTF
------
Better than Gase

The players know him and respect him and will play hard for him.
-------
  • facepalm.jpg
  • ---------
  • I hate the hire, but the coordinator hires might change my mind.
  • -------
  • VERY disappointed by the hiring. Why pass up on Fangio.

I'm no fan of the front office right now.

Adam Gase was right there for the taking.

I expect no less than 10 wins next season. Tomsula has been with the team long enough to know what he has, so 10 wins or I'm calling this hire a flop.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I have nothing against Tomsula at this point since anything is better than that overrated bastard Harbaugh and I'm grateful I won't have to see his punchable face all the time any more. But as a filthy stinking 49er I do not wish him well, nor even "2nd best team in the league" -- more like "may he step in dog poop and come in last place" wishes...

Plus I have to say your list to defend him is kind of reaching. His one interim coaching win is not exactly impressive when you include the facts that it was against a pathetic last place Arizona led by future hall of famer Richard Bartel at QB. And I would think that we should wait until the 49ers actually have coordinators to take the "he'll let his coordinators do their job" as a positive thing. Often the "he's a great motivator" label is translated from "he's a village idiot that doesn't do coordinator level X's and O's". Add it all up and he reminds me of Joe Vitt.

I guess if your point is silly Niner fans are overreacting and Tomsula might not be that bad -- well, yeah, Niner fans are idiots, what do you expect?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Looks like Gase's stock is falling the more and more people talk to him, definitely not a good sign.