Looking forward to seeing Locker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Back in 2009, there were a few QBs that I was interested in, and Locker was one of them. He played better in 2009 than in 2010 so his stock dropped a bit. The Titans were thought to reach for Locker when they picked him at 8 overall in 2011. He hadn't shown much until this year, with accuracy being an issue for him.

He's now in his 3rd year, so I'm very curious to see where he is in his development. He may turn out to be a fine QB. And the thought here is that different QB mature at different rates.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
I agree. I havent seen him play yet this year. I dont want him to win, but I am very interested in his progress in the NFL

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'm interested in seeing him ,looking up at Robert Quinn thumping his chest.
If ya want to see him do well find someone with Sunday ticket and watch him next week.........K?

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm interested in seeing him ,looking up at Robert Quinn thumping his chest.
If ya want to see him do well find someone with Sunday ticket and watch him next week.........K?

I don't necessarily want to see him do poorly. I want him to lose. I just find it interesting that I watched him closely in college when the Rams were strongly in need of a QB, and now here he is playing against the Rams 4 years later for the first time. The jury is still out on him. And the question I have is can someone become a top tier QB after a slow questionable start? Locker is off the radar in comparison to other young QBs like Luck, RG3, Dalton, Wilson, Kaepernick, and even Tannehill, because he hasn't shown much in his first 2 years. In the back of my mind, I am just doing a relative comparison between Locker and Bradford. The point being that you have to be careful when you put your verdict in on a young QB.

I remember Tarkenton saying earlier this year that you can tell if a QB can play after 2 years or at least he can. He said Freeman and Ponder can't play. He did say Bradford can play, FWIW. I do think that certain types of QBs show up as players later than others. Some guys come in very polished like Luck, and some come in with gifted running ability, and they both show well early. Others have the talent to excel but just need more time to develop and have a decent supporting cast around them. Locker may be one of those.

The lesson here is for all those people who are down on Bradford, guys like Venturi, Michael Young, Jaworski, etc., maybe they are a bit shortsighted or possibly just looking for attention. I guess it's easier to bash a guy and gain acceptance from your audience than it is to defend a guy who hasn't set the world on fire.

I hear Young say, we know what Bradford is already, he's a JAG. And McCrite goes whoa, that's what I thought, they need to draft a new QB. What does Young have to lose by saying that? Nothing. He may not even believe it. I suspect there's a script already written for him to bash Bradford just to help ratings.

The point of all this is you gotta give some young QBs more time than others to show what they are. But most people want answers immediately and there is a media out there that will cater to them, usually bashing the young QB and saying time to move on from them and draft the next potential bust.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
He only as 1 INT this year. Don't know if he's that good, that lucky, or Alex Smith.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Never liked him at Washington and thought he was an astronomical reach in the draft. He never put up any #'s or wins in college for crying out loud. Why did anyone expect him to come out and light the NFL on fire?? He has had a decent season this year, and I am happy for him. Seems like a good kid, but I will have to see him produce more consistently to change my opinion of his overall talent.

JCBRAVE

UDFA
He only as 1 INT this year. Don't know if he's that good, that lucky, or Alex Smith.
I've been fighting off "Locker Knockers" as i call them for a while after his rookie year, and I watch this guy very closely. Every day he's literally getting better.

As for his interceptions, he should probably have 2 or 3 instead of just the 1, so he still does make some bad throws, but he's soo much better from last year, like night and day.

As a die hard Titans fan, it really is a treat watching that kid play QB. He's got everything going for him now, good line, healthy legs, big time arm, good WR's, everything. If you guys are going to beat us, its not thru Locker.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've been fighting off "Locker Knockers" as i call them for a while after his rookie year, and I watch this guy very closely. Every day he's literally getting better.

As for his interceptions, he should probably have 2 or 3 instead of just the 1, so he still does make some bad throws, but he's soo much better from last year, like night and day.

As a die hard Titans fan, it really is a treat watching that kid play QB. He's got everything going for him now, good line, healthy legs, big time arm, good WR's, everything. If you guys are going to beat us, its not thru Locker.

So how would you compare him to Tannehill?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
"Locker Knockers." That's awesome.
Kinda like the "Bradford Bashers."

The Hammer

UDFA
Name
Tennessee

That one INT was bad but in his defense he was playing with a bad hip and a bad knee. Came back way earlier than expected. He has been playing quite well so far. And has shown the kind of toughness and leadership that Steve McNair did back in the day. I expect he will have a similar career as McNair. Good athlete, great leader, solid career but not exactly HoF material.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Guess fans are the same all over...morons that want a change b/c they don't have the patience to see these guys develop.
That one INT was bad but in his defense he was playing with a bad hip and a bad knee. Came back way earlier than expected. He has been playing quite well so far. And has shown the kind of toughness and leadership that Steve McNair did back in the day. I expect he will have a similar career as McNair. Good athlete, great leader, solid career but not exactly HoF material.

Yup...QB. Not as pretty as the media hacks want to make it.

The Hammer

UDFA
Name
Tennessee
With respect to the Locker knockers. A good number of them remain huge Vince Young fans. Which should tell you something.

JCBRAVE

UDFA
With respect to the Locker knockers. A good number of them remain huge Vince Young fans. Which should tell you something.
I guess you have a point, but none of these fans nowadays can wait for things to come together, everybody wants over night success.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I just want to see his "getting up off the turf" techniques, many of them.

iced

Locker was doing well earlier in the season - looked like the light finally came on for him, then he got injured...

given he's still not 100% and the titans o-line has been underperforming - i look forward to seeing him get crushed... my buddy who's got 1 game up on me in fantasy has peyton out this week so he picked up locker - i laughed my ass off. "Did you not see the game on the monday?"

JCBRAVE

UDFA
Locker was doing well earlier in the season - looked like the light finally came on for him, then he got injured...

given he's still not 100% and the titans o-line has been underperforming - i look forward to seeing him get crushed... my buddy who's got 1 game up on me in fantasy has peyton out this week so he picked up locker - i laughed my ass off. "Did you not see the game on the monday?"
Your pal Rob Turner is the main reason the O-Line has had trouble. But now with our stud center Brian Schwenke taking over that job, we're gearing up to really put it to you guys. Vs the Niners we looked good in all phases of the game minus punt return.

Jake should have no issues, even with his limp he still managed to scramble for 29-yards. The guy is legit.

iced

Your pal Rob Turner is the main reason the O-Line has had trouble. But now with our stud center Brian Schwenke taking over that job, we're gearing up to really put it to you guys. Vs the Niners we looked good in all phases of the game minus punt return.

Jake should have no issues, even with his limp he still managed to scramble for 29-yards. The guy is legit.

Turner was that bad at center that made both your guards under perform?

I find that hard to believe. It wasn't on him there was no push in the run game and CJ has been shut down majority of the season

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Never liked him at Washington and thought he was an astronomical reach in the draft. He never put up any #'s or wins in college for crying out loud. Why did anyone expect him to come out and light the NFL on fire?? He has had a decent season this year, and I am happy for him. Seems like a good kid, but I will have to see him produce more consistently to change my opinion of his overall talent.

A 4 year starter that only missed part of 1 year with an injury and had a rating over 103 every year 129 his Junior year and 124 his senior year. 53 TD and 35 Ints (15 of those his freshman year). And throw in 29 Rushing TDs.

UW was a bad program when he was there but he was a local kid and turned out pretty good considering the lack of talent with him there.

JCBRAVE

UDFA
Turner was that bad at center that made both your guards under perform?

I find that hard to believe. It wasn't on him there was no push in the run game and CJ has been shut down majority of the season
Turner was HORRIBLE H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E!

I believe he was ranked as the leagues worst center. He was a swinging gate, just allowed DT's to eat our RB's.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Turner was HORRIBLE H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E!

I believe he was ranked as the leagues worst center. He was a swinging gate, just allowed DT's to eat our RB's.
Strange. He was pretty good in 2012. 18th ranked center (of 36 eligible). But he's more of a pass blocker than run blocker anyway, so that would explain the lack of production in that area. I'd give him another year (if he's afforded one) to see if it's just lack of continuity and scheme that's holding him back.