Looking forward to seeing Locker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

Turner was HORRIBLE H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E!

I believe he was ranked as the leagues worst center. He was a swinging gate, just allowed DT's to eat our RB's.

still didn't have a good game against a heavily depleted defense in SF. They literally have almost no one on the d-line and at corner. I mean Rogers at CB but that's it (and overrated imo, struggles with the quicker receivers)

JCBRAVE

UDFA
Strange. He was pretty good in 2012. 18th ranked center (of 36 eligible). But he's more of a pass blocker than run blocker anyway, so that would explain the lack of production in that area. I'd give him another year (if he's afforded one) to see if it's just lack of continuity and scheme that's holding him back.
He knows our scheme, thats what won him the job in camp, he was simply man handled nearly every play when it counted.

JCBRAVE

UDFA
still didn't have a good game against a heavily depleted defense in SF. They literally have almost no one on the d-line and at corner. I mean Rogers at CB but that's it (and overrated imo, struggles with the quicker receivers)
Who are you talk about Turner or Locker?

iced

Who are you talk about Turner or Locker?
the interior. I'm just going off the stat lines and production - firing up game rewind right now to watch the condensed version of SF/Ten

JCBRAVE

UDFA
the interior. I'm just going off the stat lines and production - firing up game rewind right now to watch the condensed version of SF/Ten
If you can, check out the games prior to the SF TN game, and you'll see a difference once we took Turner out.

The Hammer

UDFA
Name
Tennessee
The Titans have also played a lot of strong front 7s in so far this year. Even teams like the Steelers and Texans who are struggling at least have a strong front 7 on D.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
A 4 year starter that only missed part of 1 year with an injury and had a rating over 103 every year 129 his Junior year and 124 his senior year. 53 TD and 35 Ints (15 of those his freshman year). And throw in 29 Rushing TDs.

UW was a bad program when he was there but he was a local kid and turned out pretty good considering the lack of talent with him there.

Those NCAA QB ratings look great, but translate to 62.8, 73.4, 86.2 and 82.4 in NFL #'s. Not bad, but not amazing. When I watched him play (which I did more than a few times), he just didn't pass the eye test for some reason. Not saying he hasn't gotten better, or that he can't be a good QB at this level, I just haven't seen it yet. Then again, I don't see too many Titan games.

JCBRAVE

UDFA
Those NCAA QB ratings look great, but translate to 62.8, 73.4, 86.2 and 82.4 in NFL #'s. Not bad, but not amazing. When I watched him play (which I did more than a few times), he just didn't pass the eye test for some reason. Not saying he hasn't gotten better, or that he can't be a good QB at this level, I just haven't seen it yet. Then again, I don't see too many Titan games.
Well here's his passer ratings this year.

(he missed 2 games with a knee injury)

JCBRAVE

UDFA
The Titans have also played a lot of strong front 7s in so far this year. Even teams like the Steelers and Texans who are struggling at least have a strong front 7 on D.
Come Sunday they'll see how good he's gotten. No need to sell them something they dont want.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

We are hoping to add a 50 to that this week!!!!

And welcome to this Rams Fans haven. You will find a lot of honesty here concerning football.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Nice.

We're going to really screw up his average this weekend though. :sly:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

Are you in the PNW? I work at the Univeristy

iced

Just finished watching the game on rewind (Sf vs ten), here are my thoughts:

-Locker's 1 int is incredibly misleading... I saw a lot of "jump balls" where he throws it up and Washington or other receiver's make a big adjustment, he's not all that accurate imo. Not there yet, but he's not so inaccurate he shouldn't be starting. I'm just not worried about him dicing us up like an A.rod, Peyton, etc. someone known for their accuracy. Also saw 2 or 3 dropped int's, and some questionable decision making. (like the first pick, what the hell was he thinking). Haven't seen him hit a lot of receiver's for big plays in stride or anything like that - he's gambling

-The interior is better than I thought in that game, but I did notice on the few screens they tried pulling the guards and centers were not good at setting it up at all. Also, while that was the center's first game and a solid one at that, you have to take the opponent into consideration. Glenn Dorsey is not a starting NT (he's 290 lbs!!). They are hurt on the d-line, but I regularly saw the RT getting beat and the LT was struggling with Justin Smith (whom is no slouch). Pass pro good for the most part for warmack, but i did notice he was getting beat more than the Center or the LG (again, consider the competition). Levitre definitely isn't earning the monster pay check he signed, but it's not like he's bad either. He's probably the best player on the line, least for that game.

For this weekend - I know it's probably a bit biased, but any fan who knows the game knows there is a night and day difference between blocking Michael Brockers vs Dorsey. I can for see Long having a big day with the way the RT was playing.. Quinn too. Langford is our Dt and he will be on the rookies.. Also, Titans in our house - with our crowd. Communication is not going to be easy, which could be a big deal to a new rookie center. Just some food for thought

I do look forward to a good game - but I really like the match up. I would (and might) drop a bet on this game..especially after our last performance.Our D has been shaky up until we lost bradford - now it seems like the light bulb came on and they're back to what made our D strong in the first place, Pressure and blitzing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Are you in the PNW? I work at the Univeristy

Nope. East coast actually, but I watched him quite a bit when there was talk that the Rams may draft him if he came out early.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I was a Locker fan in college and still think he's got the potential to be a good QB. He may already be there.

Sounds like Tennessee is dealing with what every team outside of Denver, New England, and New Orleans is dealing with. Fans that have no appreciation for the complexity of the position... recognizing that finding a good QB is a pretty nice accomplishment. Finding a HOF is pretty damn lucky. Perspective.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Locker is playing better this year, but he's always had accuracy issues, and those are hard to overcome.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Locker is playing better this year, but he's always had accuracy issues, and those are hard to overcome.

That's his MO.

But, he's been better.

It might always plague him. Time will tell.