Looking at this was painful.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Re: Looking at this was painful.

Bradford would have to play lights out this year to get another huge contract. Even if he improves in every category, he may still not get a second huge deal...and that is ok. He may be similar to Alex Smith. A guy who takes a few years to get into a stable system, and then plays good, solid if not amazing football. Personally, I think that is Sam's ceiling. I just don't see him ever being a guy who lights up the stat sheet, and again that is FINE with me. The question then would be, is the FO satisfied with a solid, game manager type QB, or are they going to look for someone with potential to be an "elite" QB. Hell, they have the option of trading 2 first round picks to move up and try to get Johnny Football if they think he is the next "it" guy. I believe we will have the answer to these question around this time next year. Should be interesting.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Faceplant said:
Bradford would have to play lights out this year to get another huge contract. Even if he improves in every category, he may still not get a second huge deal...and that is ok. He may be similar to Alex Smith. A guy who takes a few years to get into a stable system, and then plays good, solid if not amazing football. Personally, I think that is Sam's ceiling. I just don't see him ever being a guy who lights up the stat sheet, and again that is FINE with me. The question then would be, is the FO satisfied with a solid, game manager type QB, or are they going to look for someone with potential to be an "elite" QB. Hell, they have the option of trading 2 first round picks to move up and try to get Johnny Football if they think he is the next "it" guy. I believe we will have the answer to these question around this time next year. Should be interesting.
That's fair.

Personally, I think he has it in him to be a very good QB (close to, if not, elite). That's just an eyeball thing though, and I have no way of proving it. I just see a great QB in there somewhere that just needs some stability to let it all out. This, I think, is going to be the year for that. Even WITH the continued youth movement all around him. Barring ridiculous injuries (again), he should really shine this year.

If not, then hey -- whatever.

It's not like he came in here and defrauded the organization of money (THEY picked HIM), or half-assed it every year because he doesn't care about the team or the sport in general. Those are the guys I can justify rooting against. However, guys who are humble, talented, hard-working and take everything in stride - no matter how difficult the situation is - those are the guys I root for. In short, I really want the guy to succeed. If he doesn't, it won't break my heart, but I'll be disappointed *for* him. In the interim, I find it to be kind of lame for 'fans' to throw as much vitriol out at him as they can while willfully ignoring the arguments outlining (in detail) the things that are causing his production to sag. But I can't control that, so......

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor

The Dude said:
Faceplant said:
That's fair.

Personally, I think he has it in him to be a very good QB (close to, if not, elite). That's just an eyeball thing though, and I have no way of proving it. I just see a great QB in there somewhere that just needs some stability to let it all out. This, I think, is going to be the year for that. Even WITH the continued youth movement all around him. Barring ridiculous injuries (again), he should really shine this year.

It's not like he came in here and defrauded the organization of money (THEY picked HIM), or half-assed it every year because he doesn't care about the team or the sport in general. Those are the guys I can justify rooting against. However, guys who are humble, talented, hard-working and take everything in stride - no matter how difficult the situation is - those are the guys I root for. In short, I really want the guy to succeed. If he doesn't, it won't break my heart, but I'll be disappointed *for* him. In the interim, I find it to be kind of lame for 'fans' to throw as much vitriol out at him as they can while willfully ignoring the arguments outlining (in detail) the things that are causing his production to sag. But I can't control that, so......

I think we agree for the most part about Sam. He makes throws that I just don't see a lot of other QBs making...in a good way. My only question is whether he has the consistency in him that you would expect of an "elite" QB (whatever that is). I would LOVE to see him grow into that, and I agree that the talent IS definitely there for him to do so. Personally, I would like to see him do more looking off of defenders, escaping and alluding in/out of the pocket and extending plays. We all know he can do it too. I like what I saw last year with regards to him starting to stretch the field. I would like to see more of that this year, and not just to Givens.

Nothing would make me happier than to see Sam take it to another level this year and in the future. I can not think of ONE thing I don't like about him as a person. Off the field, he is everything you would want in a a franchise QB. I will be rooting as hard as anyone for him to be that guy on the field as well.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Faceplant said:
The Dude said:
Faceplant said:
That's fair.

I think we agree for the most part about Sam. He makes throws that I just don't see a lot of other QBs making...in a good way. My only question is whether he has the consistency in him that you would expect of an "elite" QB (whatever that is). I would LOVE to see him grow into that, and I agree that the talent IS definitely there for him to do so. Personally, I would like to see him do more looking off of defenders, escaping and alluding in/out of the pocket and extending plays. We all know he can do it too. I like what I saw last year with regards to him starting to stretch the field. I would like to see more of that this year, and not just to Givens.

Nothing would make me happier than to see Sam take it to another level this year and in the future. I can not think of ONE thing I don't like about him as a person. Off the field, he is everything you would want in a a franchise QB. I will be rooting as hard as anyone for him to be that guy on the field as well.
I can dig it brudda.

And again, very fair criticisms and/or concerns on your part - and very respectfully conveyed.

If I had some cookies, I'd give you a plate full. :ww:

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor

images

had

Rookie

Faceplant said:

I think this is seriously understating Bradford's talent level. In fact, it makes me wonder if maybe I've been watching a different Bradford. To me, Bradford's problem has been an inability to manage the offense, to manufacture first downs, to be really consistent. But to me, he's got a big time arm and can make throws that Smith couldn't possibly make, and overall, is just a much more talented kid, more fluid, more athletic, bigger arm, better teeth (jk). I would disagree strongly that Bradford's ceiling is par with Smiths.

Wow I disagree with that.