Looking at this was painful.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.forbes.com/athletes/list/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.forbes.com/athletes/list/</a>

Look at #27. SMH. I love Sam, but his salary is really draining our team.

…..

Legend
Re: Looking at this was painful.

interference said:
Hey, at least he beat-out that punk Brady.

:lmao:

minimal satisfaction, but its somethin at least.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

WestsideRamsfan said:
http://www.forbes.com/athletes/list/

Again...not his fault. The system was broken, the owners broke it, and now it has been restored. Now we want him to what, give it back? How many would give it back after getting pounded year after year?

Hopefully, they can find a way for him to restructure.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

DR RAM said:
WestsideRamsfan said:
http://www.forbes.com/athletes/list/

Again...not his fault. The system was broken, the owners broke it, and now it has been restored. Now we want him to what, give it back? How many would give it back after getting pounded year after year?

Hopefully, they can find a way for him to restructure.
Yeah, I think that's the plan depending on how this season goes (I think). If he takes off, they'll probably extend him. If he tanks (and it's ONLY his fault), then they'll probably restructure it outright.

lasvegasrams

Rookie

This is not Sam's fault, and I think he has handled his situation with pure class. Many quarterbacks would be pointing fingers (no WR, three offensive coordinators his first three years, ownership changing, etc), but young Sam is mature and I feel he is in a sense worth the contract (Fisher became coach primarily because of Sam).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

lasvegasrams said:
This is not Sam's fault, and I think he has handled his situation with pure class. Many quarterbacks would be pointing fingers (no WR, three offensive coordinators his first three years, ownership changing, etc), but young Sam is mature and I feel he is in a sense worth the contract (Fisher became coach primarily because of Sam).
Ayup. :nice:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4C1ULpex3s[/youtube]

(Got this bookmarked for quick and easy posting. lol)

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

I can almost guarantee no Bradford no fisher

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox

#14 is a lot more painful if you ask me. I'll take SB at 27 every day of the week.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

This topic is tiring. No offense to the OP, just saying...QB's are expensive. That's the way the NFL works.

Check out this list. Sam is par for the course, and less of a drain on the team being around 15 on this list (with Flacco, Romo, and Rodgers announcing extensions);

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.ramsondemand.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13094" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13094</a>

You want a franchise QB? Prepare to pay for it. Complaining about it is worthless.

Perhaps a solution might be a system that brings maximum contract per player by position instead of what we have now; "Rodgers now has to have a better contract than Flacco, etc."

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

CGI_Ram said:
Perhaps a solution might be a system that brings maximum contract per player by position instead of what we have now; "Rodgers now has to have a better contract than Flacco, etc."

And the players might be open to such a rule as it spreads more wealth around.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame

If you think it's painful now wait till he wins the 14 & 15 Superbowls and see what he would demand on the open market. Make Flacco's contract look like pocket change.
And we will gladly pay it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nobody is blaming Bradford. No matter how you look at it, he doesn't deserve that money. The cap hit was minimal the first two years, but will be around 15 million from here on out. Ouch.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

WestsideRamsfan said:
Nobody is blaming Bradford. No matter how you look at it, he doesn't deserve that money. The cap hit was minimal the first two years, but will be around 15 million from here on out. Ouch.
Yeah, it's inflated due to the system that fronted these kids 7 figure salaries. It was ridiculous, and of course the Rams had to be on the business end of that shit stick for most of the final years of that CBA. But it's important to realize that it's all relative. These QBs who are making a fraction of Bradford's salary will get a really hefty raise if they keep their productivity high. Conversely, if Bradford declines or flattens out this year, then his salary will be dealt with accordingly. There's a premium on good QBs, and they all end up taking a sizable portion of the team's overall cap number if they're good at their craft. It's just the nature of the position.

Bradford will either join them in the upper tier, or he won't.

Until then ... griping about it (not saying you are) is kinda pointless, IMO.
We'll just find out eventually.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

The Dude said:
WestsideRamsfan said:
Yeah, it's inflated due to the system that fronted these kids 7 figure salaries. It was ridiculous, and of course the Rams had to be on the business end of that shyte stick for most of the final years of that CBA. But it's important to realize that it's all relative. These QBs who are making a fraction of Bradford's salary will get a really hefty raise if they keep their productivity high. Conversely, if Bradford declines or flattens out this year, then his salary will be dealt with accordingly. There's a premium on good QBs, and they all end up taking a sizable portion of the team's overall cap number if they're good at their craft. It's just the nature of the position.

Bradford will either join them in the upper tier, or he won't.

Until then ... griping about it (not saying you are) is kinda pointless, IMO.
We'll just find out eventually.

+1000

I am so tired of hearing about weather he deserves it or not. Kid played his but off in college and got paid by the system in place accordingly. If sam has a better o line and wr corps i doubt we even discuss this. Guess we will know this year

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
lasvegasrams said:

+1. Well said!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

WestsideRamsfan said:

what he''s getting now is going to be peanuts compared to what he will be paid after this season when they rework his deal if he plays well. due to the restructure of sam''s contract before last season began the guarenteed money runs out this season as per design so the coaching staff got a 2 year period to evaluate sam. so they can cut ties with him after this season with minimal cap ramifications if he busts but the way fisher speaks about sam, well, he''s not going anywhere.

also, if you think his cap hit will be anywhere near 15m the next two years you would be highly mistaken.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
kurtfaulk said:
WestsideRamsfan said:

what he''s getting now is going to be peanuts compared to what he will be paid after this season when they rework his deal if he plays well. due to the restructure of sam''s contract before last season began the guarenteed money runs out this season as per design so the coaching staff got a 2 year period to evaluate sam. so they can cut ties with him after this season with minimal cap ramifications if he busts but the way fisher speaks about sam, well, he''s not going anywhere.

also, if you think his cap hit will be anywhere near 15m the next two years you would be highly mistaken.

According to Balzer, his cap hit is 12.6 million alone this year.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

WestsideRamsfan said:
kurtfaulk said:
WestsideRamsfan said:

According to Balzer, his cap hit is 12.6 million alone this year.

And due to be 15m next year.

But there's no way the rams are gonna let that happen. Sam is either gonna be their guy or not. If he's their guy they will extend him with a huge bonus. I'm betting his cap hit next year will be less than 5m, if that's what they want it to be.