1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Looking ahead to 49er week

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by raised_fisT, Nov 28, 2011.

1. -X- I'm the dude, man.

Speaking of the Packers, here's another example of what good drafting and player development can do for you. It can actually help to win a Championship. Below are the guys they signed in the draft, who are currently on their roster.

[​IMG]

Plus (since it won't all fit in the picture):
    Ryan Grant
    Jarret Bush
    Brett Goode
    Tramon Williams

Add it up.

2. Ram Quixote Knight Errant

What X said.

What Haile said.

Nothing makes me more ill than a post praising anything in whinerville. :sick:

In a bizarro universe, I might have praised X for his restraint in only editing 2 words of the OP. Here and now, I'm surprised (and a little disappointed) he didn't go farther.

3. -X- I'm the dude, man.

I know what you mean. All of the creative incompetence he painted in the comparison during his original post. It's annoying, and borderline as far as the rules are concerned, but I don't want this to be a forum that employs gestapo tactics. That's not to say I wasn't tempted though.

What "certain people" can't seem to grasp is that this is currently the ONE Rams forum that has a mission statement that involves an absence of abject bashing simply for the sake of trolling and inciting a negative reaction. Well, that's not entirely true. They know it. They just don't care. At some point it'll be over the top, and we'll have no other recourse.

Sorry if that makes this forum seem too militant, but it's my forum and I have a very specific vision for it. I employed 4 moderators with the same exact vision. If that means having 20 guys with like-minded views and behavior, then so be it. I'd rather read 20 intelligent, mature, and community-minded people than 200+ complainers who lack the social skills to present a good argument and who use hyperbole and gratuitous bashing to make their point.

Of course, as per usual, anyone here is free to discuss this with me personally at any time.

Right Here:
    [​IMG]

4. -X- I'm the dude, man.

Oh. And. That doesn't mean people can't express their discontent with Spags, Devaney, Loney, Kroenke, or whoever they want. All I ask is that you do it in a manner that doesn't outright insult people who see it differently. Idiot, gutless coward, moron, stupid freak, whatever. Those things aren't necessary.

Instead, try things like, "I've seen enough. I don't have faith anymore in his game-time decisions, and I don't think he's a good head coach. Because (a) (b) and (c). That's fair. We can discuss stuff like that with mutual respect. We can see it differently (or the same) and then plan a new strategy. A good exercise would be to formulate your posts under the guise of saying it directly to Spagnuolo's face. I don't care what you say, you wouldn't walk up to him and call him an idiot in a one-on-one session. You'd probe. You'd ask questions. You'd voice concerns. Just afford some of us (who, for lack of a better word, are apologists) the same courtesy.

Fair enough?

K, now I'm done. :ww:

5. Stranger How big is infinity?

You know, I think I could live with that for a guaranteed-1-more-year, just to see if we can continue on last year's trajectory without having to blow things up. If we fall off the advances that we made in 2010, then I'd make wholesale changes.

But I want to see us do well in the draft, manage the roster so that we focus on younger player development, and I don't want to hear any more reports about the F.O. being in disarray.

Finally, I want to see the damn GSOT memoriabilia back up at Rams park, it's a damn embarrassment that our proud history is being trash-canned like that.

6. Angry Ram aka Captain RAmerica aka the OG Rammer

Yeah, reading that more and more makes me feel they should get 1 more full, complete, regular offseason together.

Hell, I remember JT (of all ppl) saying directly, face to face, to Devaney that one of these days he'll get a regular offseason. I think it was when they introduced Robert Quinn.

7. -X- I'm the dude, man.

lol. How'd that work out for him?

8. Angry Ram aka Captain RAmerica aka the OG Rammer

Who Quinn? I think it was "reach." :grr: :ww:

But man it sure looked like Devaney wanted to smack him as he was saying that.

9. -X- I'm the dude, man.

No, I mean, if J.T said that Devaney would eventually get a regular off-season, and he said it in 2010, then he was wrong.

10. Angry Ram aka Captain RAmerica aka the OG Rammer

Ahh got it. :ayup: