Long Range Temp for Chicago 25 degrees for a high

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
This is Illinois, don't ever rely on weather reports more than two days out because anything goes here. This past weekend I was within 100 miles of a blizzard warning and a tornado warning at the same time. Shit can get weird real quick. But if that holds, yeah that's great weather for december night in Chicago.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I was born in Alaska, military in Alaska:this is why i live in Arizona. Cold sucks
My wife was raised in the mountains above Anchorage, without indoor plumbing, carrying the water from a stream. During the winter had to break through the ice to get the water, and at times having to walk a mile home on metal ice shoes with steel cleats because the truck couldn't reach the house. She now hates the cold with a passion, but she is one tough woman!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
But yeah... coming in from the outside when it was below freezing outside used to be just awful.

Agreed, and this is someone who's lived in Upstate, NY (Albany) for forty-six years of my life, spent 6 years in Dayton, OH (military & college) besides many other areas in my travels. Loved Vegas and the weather and was there in July. I was never a fan of snow, even as child and embraced the Southern Ohio weather as 6 inches was considered quite a storm there.

Snow means work and no matter how good of a driver you are, it still presents it's challenges. I applaud people who like winter, I never have and I look forward to retirement as we own property in Fort Worth Texas and I dream about warm Texas sun for over 300 days a year and a Ram victory in chilly Chicago.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
She now hates the cold with a passion, but she is one tough woman!

And you and your lovely wife (with all due respect) are much tougher people than me.
tenor.gif

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And you and your lovely wife (with all due respect) are much tougher people than me.
tenor.gif
Prolly flyboy's not going to boot camp near Chicago on Lake Michigan in Winter, makes them soft?

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Cold and dry doesn’t worry me. And I think Goff throws the kind of ball that will still be catchable in cold weather. Trubisky if he’s back? Not so much.

Actually weather doesn’t really matter to Trubisky. His throws always suck.

And wasn’t it 22-25° in Denver?

And I’ve ridden in the 20’s and the 120’s, and as fucking miserable as it is in the heat, I’ll tske it over cold all day long, (and have).

There is a reason the expression is “cold, tired and hungry”, and not “hot, tired....”

That said, most of these guys are in their 20s to earlly thirtys, and the game’s only 3 hours.
Way better than 100 and 100 like @X said.

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The way I’ve always viewed it

Too hot is just plain miserable

Too cold downright hurts

Don’t like either obviously but I choose miserable over hurts any day

This is true.

When I first went to work after getting out of the Navy, it was just a part-time job at Blockbuster in Allentown, PA (yeah...long time ago) and one day I'd ridden my bike to work. Only snow left was the accumulation on the curbs and that was about it. Problem was that the temps that night dipped from high 40s to about 25 with wind chill between 10-15 and I'd forgotten my gloves. I lived 5 miles away and by the time I got home, I knew my hands were in trouble.

I put my hands into tap water...and SCREAMED....for about 10 minutes straight. Not remotely exaggerating. Color came back and everything seemed fine.

Mostly fine. I can't hold anything cold now and when I try to make meatloaf, it's like reliving it (mostly due to the cold additives be it ketchup or salsa or egg or whatever).

So yep, I feel ya there.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Prolly flyboy's not going to boot camp near Chicago on Lake Michigan in Winter, makes them soft?

My enlistment began 13 March, so I was SUPER glad that the boot camp and Nuke school were in Orlando at the time.

My dad and uncle went to Great Mistakes and the stories...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
What is it with people from Chicago that they're so happy to have been born there? I meet so many people who can't wait to tell me they're from Chicago and when I meet them, they're living anywhere but Chicago.

Because of the Weather.

I lived in Chicago. Those people have the biggest sense of hometown pride that I have ever encountered. I've traveled most of the country too. I can't explain it. It is a pretty nice city, but their pride just boarders on arrogance. Like if you are from Chicago you are better than everyone else. Personally, being from a small town, I think every city is a shithole. I always laughed to myself when those assists started bragging about their great city. It's just one giant sprawling suburb that looks the same from one end to the other.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Winter is something you have to embrace to start to enjoy it. In my first few years of landscaping full time, I dreaded the winter. I hated working in the cold and by January I either shuttered in or I was plowing snow. I hated plowing snow. The rest of the time I stayed inside and waited for spring. It got depressing. After a few years of that I thought F it! It's all in my head. The cold isn't that bad. So I invested in some good gear, like long underwear, good gloves, a light balaclava, North face outer shell and a Wiggie's vest for under it. Then I started going out in it every day. I went on long hikes with my dog. I cross country skied all the time. I enjoyed shoveling snow and made it into a workout instead of drudgery. Being outside so much built up my tolerance to the cold too. By mid winter I wore less and less clothing.

When it comes to being too hot, or too cold, I prefer the cold. Keep moving, dress for it, and you stay warm. In 100 + heat there is nothing you can do but drink a lot of water and find shade. I mind the humidity most.

I live in PA so it doesn't get too extreme one way or the other, but I vacationed in North Dakota in January and February for many years. My buddy that lived there would come back to PA for Christmas. It would be 28 degrees and he was outside with his coat unzipped and just a t-shirt underneath. He was used to 20 below most days.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My enlistment began 13 March, so I was SUPER glad that the boot camp and Nuke school were in Orlando at the time.

My dad and uncle went to Great Mistakes and the stories...
I arrived at Recruit Training Center Great Lakes at 1am, January 9th wearing a wind breaker. It was cool in the Bay Area (Oakland) when I left, and it was 50 below zero in Minneapolis where I switched planes....It was only 20 below zero when I arrived in Chicago and it was snowing...toasty...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I live in PA so it doesn't get too extreme one way or the other, but I vacationed in North Dakota in January and February for many years. My buddy that lived there would come back to PA for Christmas. It would be 28 degrees and he was outside with his coat unzipped and just a t-shirt underneath. He was used to 20 below most days.

It's all about wind chill. When working in eastern Oregon, it would be 20 below zero often, but was ok without the wind...I normally wore short sleeves when temporarily outside.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm weird.

I don't mind the extremes, but the middle is upsetting. I mean I have less issue with 100 degrees than 80 when it's warm.

I have less issue with freezing or below freezing than I do with 50 degrees.

It's like my body doesn't react unless it's toward the extreme, then it does fine.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Cold and dry doesn’t worry me. And I think Goff throws the kind of ball that will still be catchable in cold weather. Trubisky if he’s back? Not so much.

Not sure about the small hands ? Will always be a question mark.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I remember being a kid in Missouri and walking home from the bus-stop on a hot summer day. I passed out about a block from my house from heat exhaustion.

I love cold weather. I HATE heat.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

It's all about wind chill. When working in eastern Oregon, it would be 20 below zero often, but was ok without the wind...I normally wore short sleeves when temporarily outside.

Yep. I hate the wind when it’s cold. It ruins hunting and fishing and just makes it feel much colder.