London Game Against AZ looks to be a BRAWL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams are an early 3 1/2 point favorite.
Home team always automatically gets a 3.5 point fav
It's typically 3 pts for home field but this is a neutral site so doubt that's the case.
I can't look at it like the usual automatic 3 points for home field advantage... there will be no home field advantage as far as I can tell. Not sure how many Americans will go over to see it live... and not sure how many local fans of each team there will be... but guessing it will be basically a nuetral field. So, the 3.5 tells me the Rams are an actual 3.5 better (it would be 6.5 is played in LA).
Doesn't matter that it's in the UK. Bookies still consider it a home game.
Well then, IMO, they are wrong.
That's true if it's an actual home game .
It's not (IMO)

The Cardinals? They have beaten the Colts, 49ers and Bucs. And had to go to OT to beat the Colts and 49ers. And went to the wire with the Bucs playing Fitzpatty at QB.
I'm just shocked that the nearly Deadbirds almost let Tampa Bay win that game with Fitzpatrick at QB.
Good points here... I try not to do the "well, the Rams beat so-and-so and the opponent lost to so-and-so, so the Rams should win stuff... but AZ has not beaten any really decent teams... the Rams have (DAL and JAX).

I hate playing the Cardinals. They always seem to have the upper hand on us.
I am basically throwing out prior history between the Rams and division foes... if we can't see the vast difference between the Fisher-led Rams and McVay-led Rams, we're not paying attention.
Yes, division foes always play each other hard and they are usually close games. Why? Because, usually, they come to know each other very well.. but this isn't business as usual. Bruce Alien does not know these Rams. To me, that's advantage Rams.

Speaking of Tampa... That team is straight garbage given the talent they have.
at the end of the game Arizona almost blew a 28 point lead to only win by 2.
Yeah... not a very good team and that comeback should have AZ fans concerned... especially going up against what is now, one of the better offenses in the league (did I just write that? :LOL:)

Problem is we can't sell out on the run because Palmer
Palmer is a quality QB... only question is, will he have time to throw?

I think it will be a tough game... but the AZ defense is not very good... I think the Rams can score on it fairly easily.

Question is... can the Rams defense stop Peterson, Palmer and Fitzgerald. I think there will be "moments" that will make us cringe.

I don't predict scores... but I think this one will be close. Stock up on your adult beverage of choice.

Last edited:

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't look at it like the usual automatic 3 points for home field advantage... there will be no home field advantage as far as I can tell. Not sure how many Americans will go over to see it live... and not sure how many local fans of each team there will be... but guessing it will be basically a nuetral field. So, the 3.5 tells me the Rams are an actual 3.5 better (it would be 6.5 is played in LA).

Well then, IMO, they are wrong.

It's not (IMO)

Good points here... I try not to do the "well, the Rams beat so-and-so and the opponent lost to so-and-so, so the Rams should win stuff... but AZ has not beaten any really decent teams... the Rams have (DAL and JAX).

I am basically throwing out prior history between the Rams and division foes... if we can't see the vast difference between the Fisher-led Rams and McVay-led Rams, we're not paying attention.
Yes, division foes always play each other hard and they are usually close games. Why? Because, usually, they come to know each other very well.. but this isn't business as usual. Bruce Alien does not know these Rams. To me, that's advantage Rams.

Yeah... not a very good team and that comeback should have AZ fans concerned... especially going up against what is now, one of the better offense in the league (did I just write that? :LOL:)

Palmer is a quality QB... only question is, will he have time to throw?

I think it will be a tough game... but the AZ defense is not very good... I think the Rams can score on it fairly easily.

Question is... can the Rams defense stop Peterson, Palmer and Fitzgerald. I think there will be "moments" that will make us cringe.

I don't predict scores... but I think this one will be close. Stock up on your adult beverage of choice.
I think there were times versus Jacksonville where a better qb would've had some decent plays against us. Arizona is just more balanced but the Rams have shown 3 weeks in a row (dating back to the second half at Dallas) that they can stop the run.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
You're free to have your opinions, but I don't think a single GM or coach would agree with you.

You could take away Gurley's entire game as a receiver and he'd still be better than AP right now.

Saying AP is better than Gurley right now is an absolute joke.
IDK.....look at the article posted by PT (primetime for you slow ones).....ripping through tackles? That's AP....supposedly weak o-line???? Still gets 134 yards....
Gurley is a beast....but AP is a different type of monster. When guys can make lines better....at 32....something else is at work.
Something unexpected happened in Peterson’s first game in a Cardinals uniform, though: He looked more like a guy in his prime than one due for retirement. Peterson ripped through arm tackles and found daylight with patience. His signature jump cuts and a newfound burst behind the line led to 134 yards and two touchdowns on 26 rushes.

Coming into Week 6, the Cardinals had ranked 30th in Football Outsiders DVOA and had averaged just 16.2 points per game (29th).

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Three one-score wins against teams with backup QBs (two in OT). I don't want to get overconfident because Arizona isn't crap, but they don't seem as strong as they were in past years.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Thats f’n awesome! I give my hats off to you for keeping it together across the pond for our team! lol
Man I really wanted to go to this game but I chose the one in China ( which they pushed back, I wished i would have known!) It would be a hell of an experience watching a game in the UK drinking some pints with a UK crowd! Lol

It’s a home game in London?:confused:
Okay.

And does the Cardinals not have a chip on their shoulder? They see your vision that the Rams are up and coming so they are just going to roll over for us?!

We turned the ball over 5 Times and didn’t win. Regardless if we still had a shot to win, WE DIDNT WIN!!

To discount an opponent is not wise at this point, especially a divisional opponent. We are not a complete team as of yet with a few things to get in gear before we consistently crank out dominate wins.

Where can I get an IV of that KoolAid you got going? :rolllaugh:

Honestly I hope I’m just being overly cautious do to the last decade or so of play. But it does seem the kool aid drinking Rams fans are the ones who rant and rave the most on the board after a big loss. IDK.

I’m converned with our run D and then the Cards using PA off of them owning us in the running game. It will be interesting to say the least due to Arians familiarity and how he likes to run his offense.

Tbh I like the match up of our Ovs. Thier D.
The Ariz. Offence is averaging 69.8 yards rushing per game, and has 3 rushing TD's. and that is including what AP did last week! Our "D" is going to have a Hay-Day with them!

The Rams average 116 yards per game and Have 6 TD's rushing. then add in our Passing game and Special Teams. The Cards will have a painful day!

Dilly! Dilly!.gif

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
First off I hate the London games, the NFL should have promoted NFL Europe better if they wanted a league there.

Next I hate that the Rams have been getting screwed on these games every year for what 4 in a row and still at least one more next year.

And that they count as a home game F that, of course the games in LA haven't been much of a home field advantage yet. Still losing a home game might be crucial this year.

They need to go out and stomp on the cards from the get and don't let up. Let them know when we come to Az its going to be the same thing. This ain't your old Rams teams of the last 2 decades!

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Okay...somewhat tongue in cheek.

I still don't think Fournette is better than AP....even today...he's stronger, faster, but not a better RB.....Hell, I think Todd Gurley is still a little behind AP.

AP is still that beast...put him behind a dominant O-Line...he could be league MVP

Sorry CHAMP, but I have to call you out on this one. I told you not to let Peterson's stats from the Bucs game fool you. He is nowhere close to where Todd is right now.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry CHAMP, but I have to call you out on this one. I told you not to let Peterson's stats from the Bucs game fool you. He is nowhere close to where Todd is right now.
In before he blames his bad stats on Palmer going down. Which ignores how bad AP looked with Palmer playing.

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller
In before he blames his bad stats on Palmer going down. Which ignores how bad AP looked with Palmer playing.

Yeah you can't take away his vision but his burst is gone for sure.

He had the one play where he was dancing through the Rams up front but due to him not being able to burst through the hole hard he eventually got swarmed.

There's always something strange about watching former stars die out.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yeah you can't take away his vision but his burst is gone for sure.

He had the one play where he was dancing through the Rams up front but due to him not being able to burst through the hole hard he eventually got swarmed.

There's always something strange about watching former stars die out.
Yep! A certain Cowboy RB Great went to Arizona to Die Too!!:LOL:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'll give you this...he may NOT catch passes as good as Gurley.

But AP is still a beast RB. Hits holes better...has better vision. And appears to be a lil shiftier....

Our line is far superior to the Cards....and of course...Gurley is now faster than AP...

Why do I say this???

I never saw AP go down as much from shoestring tackles as Gurley did....Put AP in a Rams uni....I'd guess from the size of yesterday's holes, he goes for 150..on the ground...easy.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I'll give you this...he may NOT catch passes as good as Gurley.

But AP is still a beast RB. Hits holes better...has better vision. And appears to be a lil shiftier....

Our line is far superior to the Cards....and of course...Gurley is now faster than AP...

Why do I say this???

I never saw AP go down as much from shoestring tackles as Gurley did....Put AP in a Rams uni....I'd guess from the size of yesterday's holes, he goes for 150..on the ground...easy.

You forgot to add the blue font.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Just like you gotta knock out the champ....you literally gotta break a few records to "prove" you are better than a future HOF'er.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just like you gotta knock out the champ....you literally gotta break a few records to "prove" you are better than a future HOF'er.
He has broke some records and equaled some HoF'ers achievements. You're just selective of them so we don't bother with them.