local radio media coverage

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seriously, this has been the coverage so far on ESPN LA.
1. Dodgers in the WS: understandable wanting to explore reasons for the 0-2 start in the WS.
2. The Lebron(ers).....Don't need to say more, do I?
3. Carr's Raider Tears...ok, this one ticked me off. WHY are they talking about this sorry @ssed team instead of the 7-0 team for whom they CLAIM to be the home station?
4. Back to the Dodgers.

FREAK ME DRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wtf:
Yup... and once the World Series is over, it's back to Lebron.

I tuned in the other day (afternoon) and - sure enough:
Dodgers (again, understood)... waited until the next segment...
Lebron (of course... I don't live anywhere near LA so, now, I'm rooting for them to lose just because)...
USC... seriously, USC gets preferential treatment over the (at that time) 6-0 Rams?

No one's going to convince me that the Rams are getting ANYWHERE near the coverage they have EARNED!

It's all schtick about absolutely nothing... or Lebron... or anything other than the Rams.

I'll check back in toward the end of the week to see if anything's changed... not holding my breath... it's embarrassing.

96GS#007

Pro Bowler
Nothing's changed since they moved here. I get 2016....4-12 teams are not going to help ratings even though they were the shiny new toy. 2017....Breakout season, coaches and players that know how to connect with fans and.....nothing. This year....wow....7-0....and if you just showed up from outer space and flipped on the radio you'd have no idea the Rams were located here.

Pretty sad. 2nd largest market with backwoods quality radio coverage.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nothing's changed since they moved here. I get 2016....4-12 teams are not going to help ratings even though they were the shiny new toy. 2017....Breakout season, coaches and players that know how to connect with fans and.....nothing. This year....wow....7-0....and if you just showed up from outer space and flipped on the radio you'd have no idea the Rams were located here.

Pretty sad. 2nd largest market with backwoods quality radio coverage.
I hate greed... I really do!!

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I'm sure eventually Stan will buy air time for the rams. This has been this way since day one with LA coverage, they just don't care and that's fine but I also don't have to listen to it. I've actually found it easier and more gratifying to listen to Podcast or find clips online about the Rams. We got spoiled with STL sports talk radio, those guys broke down game film and dove into their success or failures, we'll never get that from the guys they currently have infront of the mic.
It's not just that way on Local Radio either, take a listen to the NFL channel on Sirus radio, it's all Cowpies, Pats, and Chiefs. For filler they talk about the dumpster fire that is NY. It's hard to listen to sports talk nowadays but the only way we're going to get thru to these guys is to write them and tune out.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
https://ramblinfan.com/2018/10/25/los-angeles-rams-still-ignored-by-sports-media/
Rams still largely ignored day-to-day by national sports media

by Steve Rivera1 day ago Follow @iamsteverivera

Is it just me or does sports media generally ignore the Los Angeles Rams? After a 7-0 start, the coverage still seems remarkably thin.
Turn to any type of sports media on your television or radio, satellite or app on your phone, and the undefeated Los Angeles Rams seldom are heard or seen. Sure they receive some glancing coverage, but ESPN, Colin Cowherd, and so much talk radio/TV is still dominated by all things Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots, all things Tom Brady and Gisele related, the crash and burn of Eli Manning, and generally anything outside of LA.

Dak Prescott, check.
All things New York and the NFC East, check, check.
Jerry Jones, check.

All reliable topics that sports talk embraces.

But wait, there’s more.

Le’Veon Bell who hasn’t so much as played a down in 2018 gets a ton of airtime, as does Dez Bryant who isn’t even in the league. Heck, Colin Kaepernick who hasn’t taken a snap since 2016 can still dominate a news cycle whenever an injury to a quarterback occurs.

More clearly stated, an undefeated team in the second largest media market receives stunningly light coverage. Further, unless you subscribe to a Rams news feed you’d see little of them on the sports landscape in general.

As of today, a one win Los Angeles Lakers team gets more love and run only because of LeBron James.

Doesn’t 7-0 mean anything?

Even after an 11-5 season in 2017 and three high profile members of the organization taking home postseason awards with the DPOY for Aaron Donald, the OPOY for Todd Gurley, and the COY for Sean McVay, the Rams still aren’t a feature team or talking point on any given day.

Today, those same gentlemen are part of an organization in the midst of an undefeated campaign featuring superior talent up and down the roster, an explosive offense, and yet STILL trail the Cowboys, Patriots, Tommy Terrific, the dumpster fires with the New York Giants and Oakland Raiders, and of course the daily rewind of “Where In The World Is Le’Veon Bell” who is part of one of the most dysfunctional teams in the NFL.

A 7-0 team in Los Angeles seems to not be sexy enough for many in the NFL and sports media to really take notice of. They are an exceptional team, drama and scandal free, and seemingly tucked away quietly on the West Coast on Sunday afternoon.

I guess if the Los Angeles Rams win the Super Bowl, maybe that will change. But it will sure be a rough day for the fanboys in the media who swoon over LeBron, Brady, the Patriots, and Cowboys.

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
Don't mind that the sports dudes spend time on WS. I am a big Dodger fan and the the WS is still a popular sporting event. Today, the sports hosts on the mighty 1090 a sports station out of San Diego spent more time on the Rams than any other local team. And John Ireland spends a lot of time talking Ram football; he attends all games and spends his own money on his season seats. Taking into account that he is the radio play-by-play announcer for the Lakers, I think that's cool. He loves the Lakers, Dodgers and Rams all equally. Radio 830 out in Anaheim also spends a lot of time talking Ram football. The one guy I really don't like is Stephen A Smith. Oh, he talks football but he is an NBA dude and spends almost his entire show talking basketall--especially Golden State and Steph Curry. I mean who cares in October?
Max Mucy just hit a walk-off HR in the 18th inning to beat the Red Sox 3-2! What a game!! A World Series game for the ages! And it's 3:30 Saturday morn in beantown!!