Local Legends and Ghost stories.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Man, you guys have some crazy stories!

This spectre you saw @primetime ... That is really spooky since it seemed to follow YOU. I'm curious as to time frame on this fella. Could you identify the gun? Was it old, modern, futuristic? Could you identify any sort of time frame that this "thing" came from by his clothing or anything else. The term "terminate with extreme prejudice" does possibly give some frame of reference as perhaps 60's-70's?...Which I suppose would have been fairly contemporary for the time you had the experience. The hat too. Men mostly stopped wearing hats around mid-century.

One of the ghost stories that has really impressed me the most is when there is physical crossover as in the stories of civil war reenactors having encounters with soldiers who actually hand the participants packed rifle loads...spooky as hell.

I think PT said it best:
...there are things going on in the unseen down here on planet earth that cannot be adequately explained...

I think as a defense mechanism, we humans fool ourselves into comfort thinking that we know everything. I try to stay as humble as possible and respect that I don't really know jack squat when you get right down to it.

"We still do not know one thousandth of one percent of what nature has revealed to us." -Albert Einstein

Last edited:

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
OK I will stick my neck out. Yeah I believe there is more. Whether its paranormal, natural like say Bigfoot, or Aliens. Just because I haven't seen or experienced something. Doesn't mean it isn't real. And I have seen some stuff man.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
OK I will stick my neck out. Yeah I believe there is more. Whether its paranormal, natural like say Bigfoot, or Aliens. Just because I haven't seen or experienced something. Doesn't mean it isn't real. And I have seen some stuff man.

yeah I mean I was just eating a burger when my experience happened. I wasn't "calling upon it" or anything. It just wanted to show off and ruin these peoples business is what i think.

Mission accomplished Dickhead ghost

fearsomefour

Legend
I think as a defense mechanism said:
one thousandth of one percent[/B] of what nature has revealed to us." -Albert Einstein
I agree with ol Albert.
We live in a world where we relate to things in a mostly physical way. We know that even though we have sight and hearing for example, there are whole segments on the scale of sound and color that we cannot perceive. There are still there, we can't see or hear them. We have emotions, intuition, we are animals with a spiritual component. When you think of someone you have spoken to in 8 years and 2 minutes later the phone ring, that is intuition. What does that mean? I have not idea. But, it is apart of our make up.
If we live in a world that is full of real things (using color and sound as an example) that we cannot perceive, why would the elements of life like emotion and spiritual be any different?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
This story isn't about ghosts, but sometimes I think I have a guardian angel. When I was a teenager I worked for a construction company building a fish hatchery in Idaho. The ponds were two tiered. A cement truck was having problems with his brakes. As he backed up and another guy was guiding him, the guy waved for him to stop. I was standing on an upper tier directly behind him and I was supposed to guide the trough for the concrete to pour in the walls. The truck couldn't stop and I was pinned against the back bumper and a secure two by four. I tried to yell but the pressure on my chest was crushing me too much for anything to come out.

Next thing I remember I was laying on the lower tier looking up at the truck bumper cracking the two by four I was pinned against. I scrambled out quickly because I thought the truck was going to drop down on me. How I went from being pinned so hard that I couldn't yell to laying down on the lower tier is beyond me. I don't remember getting out of that. I don't know how I slipped through that death grip the bumper had on me. I didn't have a scratch on me.

Another time in my early 20's, me and my boss's son were taking his old camper pickup from Las Vegas to Tijuana to load some leather goods the boss bought for his store. The truck was a mid 60's with a huge camper on it. The gas gauge wasn't working and it had a small tank.

It was around midnight on I-15 and we ran out of gas. I was surprised because we only traveled a little over a hundred miles. So I thought I'd coast as far as it would go so the walk to the nearest town a couple miles away wouldn't be as far. As we slowed to around 5 mph, the left front wheel broke clean off the studs and the tire rolled down a hill in the dark. We never found it.

If that tire had broke off 5 minutes earlier when we were driving 65-70 mph I couldn't imagine how bad that coulda turned out. An old pickup with a top heavy camper and no seat belts. I'm sure we woulda flipped. How is it we run out of gas at just the right time?

Those two incidents lead me to believe there is something that protects some of us. It wasn't my time yet.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
This spectre you saw @primetime ... That is really spooky since it seemed to follow YOU. I'm curious as to time frame on this fella. Could you identify the gun? Was it old, modern, futuristic? Could you identify any sort of time frame that this "thing" came from by his clothing or anything else. The term "terminate with extreme prejudice" does possibly give some frame of reference as perhaps 60's-70's?...Which I suppose would have been fairly contemporary for the time you had the experience. The hat too. Men mostly stopped wearing hats around mid-century.

This would be late 70's to early 80's. This is the closest I could come to it.

2Oj8Tll.jpg

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was about 13. I lived in a small housing area surrounded by woods. It was a crisp fall day. I mean just a glorious bright day with a slight breeze. I decided to take a hike in the woods. I was walking along and came to a small clearing with a stand of young trees close by. I sat down against one of the trees to just marvel at the day. What happened next is still a puzzle too me. I ,it seemed was above myself. Above the trees looking around. I could see all. My house, the other houses, the woods all from a birds eye perspective. I could see myself. Sitting against the tree. It looked like I had nodded off taking a nap. I became very excited. I was superman. I was going to fly back and show all my friends and family. At that moment a thought came into my head, you cant fly. Snap I was back to myself on the ground looking around. It would be years later that I would hear the term out of body experience. All I know for sure is I walked home that day believing I had lost my mind. And I told no one.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
using a taser , now that would have been pretty funny , :seizure:

Last edited:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
This story isn't about ghosts, but sometimes I think I have a guardian angel. When I was a teenager I worked for a construction company building a fish hatchery in Idaho. The ponds were two tiered. A cement truck was having problems with his brakes. As he backed up and another guy was guiding him, the guy waved for him to stop. I was standing on an upper tier directly behind him and I was supposed to guide the trough for the concrete to pour in the walls. The truck couldn't stop and I was pinned against the back bumper and a secure two by four. I tried to yell but the pressure on my chest was crushing me too much for anything to come out.

Next thing I remember I was laying on the lower tier looking up at the truck bumper cracking the two by four I was pinned against. I scrambled out quickly because I thought the truck was going to drop down on me. How I went from being pinned so hard that I couldn't yell to laying down on the lower tier is beyond me. I don't remember getting out of that. I don't know how I slipped through that death grip the bumper had on me. I didn't have a scratch on me.

Another time in my early 20's, me and my boss's son were taking his old camper pickup from Las Vegas to Tijuana to load some leather goods the boss bought for his store. The truck was a mid 60's with a huge camper on it. The gas gauge wasn't working and it had a small tank.

It was around midnight on I-15 and we ran out of gas. I was surprised because we only traveled a little over a hundred miles. So I thought I'd coast as far as it would go so the walk to the nearest town a couple miles away wouldn't be as far. As we slowed to around 5 mph, the left front wheel broke clean off the studs and the tire rolled down a hill in the dark. We never found it.

If that tire had broke off 5 minutes earlier when we were driving 65-70 mph I couldn't imagine how bad that coulda turned out. An old pickup with a top heavy camper and no seat belts. I'm sure we woulda flipped. How is it we run out of gas at just the right time?

Those two incidents lead me to believe there is something that protects some of us. It wasn't my time yet.
Those are both very cool stories.

It reminds me of a story my sister-in-law told me. She was driving down Hwy 1 late at night going home, I think she was heading south somewhere north of Zuma beach. She said she heard a voice, a very loud and strong one, tell her repeatedly to put her seat belt on - i guess this was before the mandatory seatbelt law. Anyway, she put it on, and only moments later an oncoming car forced her to swerve, sending her off the cliff. Her injuries were extremely serious, and she required face & head reconstruction surgery (she's still gorgeous). But she most certainly would have not survived the accident had she not put her belt on.

I was about 13. I lived in a small housing area surrounded by woods. It was a crisp fall day. I mean just a glorious bright day with a slight breeze. I decided to take a hike in the woods. I was walking along and came to a small clearing with a stand of young trees close by. I sat down against one of the trees to just marvel at the day. What happened next is still a puzzle too me. I ,it seemed was above myself. Above the trees looking around. I could see all. My house, the other houses, the woods all from a birds eye perspective. I could see myself. Sitting against the tree. It looked like I had nodded off taking a nap. I became very excited. I was superman. I was going to fly back and show all my friends and family. At that moment a thought came into my head, you cant fly. Snap I was back to myself on the ground looking around. It would be years later that I would hear the term out of body experience. All I know for sure is I walked home that day believing I had lost my mind. And I told no one.
There are people that supposedly can teach one how to do this - have out of body experiences. There is a name for it, but I don't recall. I wish I could do it ;)

fearsomefour

Legend
There are people that supposedly can teach one how to do this - have out of body experiences. There is a name for it, but I don't recall. I wish I could do it ;)
Remote viewing is one form of this.
The government has used this for quite some time, or tried to anyway.
Anyone offering to break down barriers of supernatural origin....I would proceed with caution there. That is just me though. It is why I will never use a ouija board. The board itself is just cardboard, it is what it is used for.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Remote viewing
yes, that's what I was thinking. thx.

It is why I will never use a ouija board.
omg, me and some friends got into ouija boards for a while when we were teenagers. we had that little thing flying all around the board - we couldn't keep up. eventually, we all got so freaked out we stopped. and i haven't touched one since, and that was almost 40yrs ago :)

On edit: I"ve been told to read this book
http://www.amazon.com/The-Ouija-Board-Doorway-Occult/dp/0875522475

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
yes, that's what I was thinking. thx.

omg, me and some friends got into ouija boards for a while when we were teenagers. we had that little thing flying all around the board - we couldn't keep up. eventually, we all got so freaked out we stopped. and i haven't touched one since, and that was almost 40yrs ago :)
I hear ya.
Spent some time messing with them. But if one is so inclined to believe in spirituality, paranormal whatever, one should be careful about saying "here I am, come on it..."
Sometimes you eat the bar and sometimes the bar eats you....

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For me I have never been one to tempt fate. Any experiences I have had, have been natural or meant to be if you will. I never poke the bear.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

On edit: I"ve been told to read this book
http://www.amazon.com/The-Ouija-Board-Doorway-Occult/dp/0875522475

Like I said earlier, part of me is skeptical. I'm one of those gotta see it to believe it guys. But that will never happen. The devices people use and the strange, unexplained things that happen are all we have to go on and its up to us whether or not we want to believe. You can't prove or disprove their existence.
But when it comes to ouija boards, spirit boards, etc., I stay away from them. If this stuff is true, you can open a door to something that ain't a harmless ghost. My wife said when she young, her and her friends played with a ouija board her father found out. He tried to burn it in the fireplace and it wouldn't burn. He threw it in the garbage and they found it in the garage a few weeks later. He personally took it to the landfill to get rid of it.

I might be unsure about real ghosts, but I do believe in angels and demons. The bible is clear that angels demons are real. Demons are not something I'm willing to mess with, believer or not.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whether anyone believes or not for me doesn't really matter. This is a subject that has always intrigued me. Since I was a teenager one of my hobbies has been exploring graveyards. Where I grew up was rich in history with some of the oldest in the country. So I have a million stories. I can only relate them as I remember them. If they are believed well thats another story. And I truly appreciate this forum allowing the topic to be discussed.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Can't say I have had any experience with the paranormal , and I'd like to keep it that way

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
This thread has to be somewhat cathartic to those who've had strange experiences. Thank you for sharing. I believe and am not judging you. I think I speak for my ROD brothers and sisters with that.

This did not happen to me but is something that has moved me: A close friend of mine in high school was hauling ass down a lake road on his motorcycle and a truck pulled out in front of him and he crashed broadside into it. The guy who he crashed into was an EMT and got him to the hospital quickly but he was clinically dead for a time. He was my roomate in college as well and he shared with me that he saw people including dead relatives who, as he said, taught him to breathe under water. He had a quite different outlook on life, as you might expect, than most people. A free spirit. He kept his bloody "Black Sabbath Mob Rules" concert shirt that he was wearing as a trophy. We might have even hung it on our dorm wall. I found his stories so compelling though. How many of us have ever experienced being dead?... He lived a crazy life for a while after that and ran afoul of the law for a time, actually becoming a fugitive. He finally settled all his legal troubles and had two kids then married another girl who turned out to be nuts and she shot him to death as he slept in his health food store and then she killed herself. It's a crazy and sad story and I often think about him and his stories. One of the most interesting people I've ever known.