Local Legends and Ghost stories.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
If you fellas ever want to temp fate.............

And for about $400.00 , you and five of your closest friends , can spend the night in the Villisca axe murders house in Villisca Iowa

Said to be in the top 10 scariest places in the country , this house has been featured many times on just about every ghost busters / paranormal TV show there are

I ain't afraid of no ghost

60623820.jpg

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
You know, I like watching ghost shows like Ghost Adventures. But I'm still a bit of a skeptic. I want to believe, I really do. But any time something weird happens to me I think its no big deal and there's a logical explanation.

My wife will tell me she thinks there are some paranormal things around. Now that I'm old enough, I bought a mobile home in a nice 50 and over park. Its all part of my plan to retire in 2017. Mobile homes are very inexpensive living around here.

But this place has been here for a long time. Most people who live here are retired and quite a few are near the end. Many people have died in this park over the years. Heck, I'll prolly die here when that time finally comes. I've been here 3 years and at least half a dozen people died during that time. Some of them in homes. Some people die suddenly with a heart attack. Last year the guy across the street died in his home and he was in there 3 days before anyone found him.

So if there really are ghosts, this would be the place for them with all the deaths here over the decades. My wife swears when its quiet she hears weird sounds, she sees thing out of the corner of her eye. She gets chills, even on hot days. Goosebumps for no reason. My wife also thinks she's a sensitive with abilities that I don't have. Me, I just shrug things off and say its just day to day stuff, nothing paranormal. But deep down I do wonder. I really want to believe, I think it would be cool. But something in my head doesn't want to allow it.

I am open to trying though. We're going to Point Sur Lighthouse for a tour next week. They say its haunted and they encourage people to take pictures and try to interact with ghosts. Might be fun. That stuff doesn't scare me. I think it would be exciting. I think I'll pick up a digital recorder to see if I can capture any voices.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Had an encounter with the cloaked figure, wearing a hat and pointing a gun at me, on two occasions. The first time I was staying at a motel on the ground floor. I woke up in the middle night of the night and saw it standing in the window looking right at me. I could see its outline through a thin curtain. I slid down on the floor and stayed there until the sun came up because it totally freaked me out. It was an evil presence unlike any I'd ever countered before.

A few years later I wake up suddenly and the same figure bursts through my bedroom door, points a gun at me, and says "Terminate with extreme prejudice." I hear the gunshot, see the flash from the muzzle of the gun, scream and wake up. "Ah, it was just a nightmare" I think. Then immediately the same thing happens again while I'm wide awake, only this time I realize it's an apparition or a warning of some kind. Btw this was after my drinking/drugging days.

I lived ten minutes away from the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, CA and is one of the creepiest places I've ever visited.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Mystery_House

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17AtKbQ7glU&spfreload=10

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Had an encounter with the cloaked figure, wearing a hat and pointing a gun at me, on two occasions. The first time I was staying at a motel on the ground floor. I woke up in the middle night of the night and saw it standing in the window looking right at me. I could see its outline through a thin curtain. I slid down on the floor and stayed there until the sun came up because it totally freaked me out. It was an evil presence unlike any I'd ever countered before.

A few years later I wake up suddenly and the same figure bursts through my bedroom door, points a gun at me, and says "Terminate with extreme prejudice." I hear the gunshot, see the flash from the muzzle of the gun, scream and wake up. "Ah, it was just a nightmare" I think. Then immediately the same thing happens again while I'm wide awake, only this time I realize it's an apparition or a warning of some kind. Btw this was after my drinking/drugging days.
:eek:

So it's the same figure, but in different locations? Like your own personal demon that follows you around?
When's the last time that happened? Or has it stopped?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I firmly believe the town-home I was living in about 20 years ago was haunted. I remember one night I was on the couch downstairs, kinda nodding off because I was too tired to go upstairs. As I was laying there (not asleep) I heard my daughter walking across the floor upstairs (who was 5 at the time) and then walking down the stairs before she came into the living room and sat in my recliner, which used to squeak when you sat in it and reclined. It was a very specific sound it made when you sat in it, and you ALWAYS hear people walking around upstairs when you're downstairs. Anyway, I kept my eyes closed because I was gonna scare *her* by getting up real fast and saying "boo!"

So, that's what I did. Only there was nobody in the chair, and it was reclined when I got up. I know for 100% certain that it was closed because i got out of it to lay on the couch. I went upstairs to check on her and she was all kinds of asleep, so.... ? I didn't get much sleep that night, but the next day I kinda convinced myself I imagined it. Even though I know I didn't.

A few weeks later, I was the only one home because my wife and kids were visiting a relative of hers who was sick. I was laying in bed after a long day of work and was trying to sleep when a feeling of complete terror came over me. I have NEVER been afraid like that before or since. I had no idea why either. I'm never afraid. I was just completely frozen with fear for some reason right then though. I opened my eyes and at the foot of my bed was a shadow that looked like a 6 foot guy wrapped in a black cloak, and I kinda became paralyzed - like I was screaming on the inside. I closed my eyes again, freaking out on the inside, and opened them once again and it was gone.

I crap you not I moved the following day. Stayed in a hotel for 2 weeks before finding another place. I explained to my (then) wife what happened and this wasn't open for negotiation. She then informed me that she used to hear weird crap when she was downstairs too, and that there was never anybody upstairs when she heard them. My daughter told me it was "the man who stands in the hall sometimes." Yeah, a little heads up prior to it scaring the crap out of me would have been nice.
I have two long time friends that are brothers.
They have a story very similar to yours.
Their rooms at their fathers house growing up, we're right across from each other.
One night 1 of them saw a towering dark figure at the his bedroom door, it had turned and went into his brothers room. He freaked out, got up and ran to his brothers room to find this thing leaning over his brothers bed. They both saw it.

The younger brother was going through some dark adolescent issues at the time.
He is now a Christian.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I've had more than a few run ins with odd shit going on. And I'm skeptical on this shit, so know that now before i tell you this. But not all "ghost Stories" have to be scary. When i was abut 13-14 years old I was wrestling with a friend of mine and my elbow went right thru a fish tank. Well 100+ stitches later, I had to have my skin stretched from my forearm area down to cover what was lost and had to sleep on the couch for several weeks so i didn't roll around while it stretched. One night, I woke up suddenly and a short haired woman was standing at the end of the couch. She had a calming look about her. I remember that she was surrounded buy a low glow. It wasnt like she was a light bulb, but she was illuminated in a sense. I remember having an initial feeling of terror but it quickly turned to pure calm. I felt a way that i have not since. She wasn't smiling, but was simply looking at me, as if she was measuring what kind of person I was. She slowly ascending upwards and faded out simultaneously. Once she was gone, the feeling of overwhelming fear came back and i turned on every damn light in the house and stayed awake until my Mother woke. This, why this isnt the end of the story. You see, I am one of 10 children. I was raised a single child by my birth mother. When i was 20 years old i discovered by reading an email my mother had accidentally left open that my mother and birth father had 6 children and my father another 4 with other women. I wrote down the email address and wrote my own, only to discover that i was in fact, emailing a sister of mine. So eventually, over time i get to know 2 of my siblings, the rest will have nothing to do with me. But i will happily take what i have. Well, one day about 7 years ago, I was at my sisters house helping her pack for a move and came across a picture. It was a picture of the same damn woman that i saw that night. I freaked out and when she asked me what was wrong i told her when i was 13-14 that a woman that looked just like her had been at my house as a spirit of some sort...she didnt even act surprised and she added up the years she said, that would have been right around the same time that her adopted mother (the woman in the picture) had died of a heart attack. She said that her mother and father had initially adopted me as well (they actually took in all 5 of my full siblings) and after 2 months, before the legal aspect was over, my mother came and picked me up and left the rest. My sister didnt hesitate when saying that her mother had always wondered how i had turned out and that she feels that when her mother died, she wanted to visit me and see what i had grown to be....and that may explain the peaceful calm i felt....I still remember almost all the details of her, that how i am certain it was not a dream.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
:eek:

So it's the same figure, but in different locations? Like your own personal demon that follows you around?
When's the last time that happened? Or has it stopped?

It last happened in 1981 and hasn't happened since. The figure was dark/shadowy and covered its face with the cloak and the hat was pulled down so the face, if there was one, couldn't be seen. What stayed with me though was the voice. It was chilling and threatening. I had never heard anyone say "Terminate with extreme prejudice" before, not in life and not in the movies.

Back in those days there was no internet but now I can google that phrase.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminate_with_extreme_prejudice

In military and other covert operations, terminate with extreme prejudice is a euphemism for aggressive execution (playing on the expression "termination with prejudice" of an employment contract).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It last happened in 1981 and hasn't happened since. The figure was dark/shadowy and covered its face with the cloak and the hat was pulled down so the face, if there was one, couldn't be seen. What stayed with me though was the voice. It was chilling and threatening. I had never heard anyone say "Terminate with extreme prejudice" before, not in life and not in the movies.

Back in those days there was no internet but now I can google that phrase.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminate_with_extreme_prejudice

In military and other covert operations, terminate with extreme prejudice is a euphemism for aggressive execution (playing on the expression "termination with prejudice" of an employment contract).
Yeesh. I thought my experience was messed up.
That's far worse.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
@Prime Time did he say it with a Mortal Combat "Finish Him" tone?

Yeah, you're probably right about that, lol. The first video game I ever played was Pong. A few years later Mortal Combat came out and I played it all the time. Not to segue to our earlier discussion on another thread about alcoholism, but playing video games night and day, year after year, finally convinced me that I have an addictive personality(but then most of you already figured that out by now.) :sneaky:

To get back to the topic at hand, there are things going on in the unseen down here on planet earth that cannot be adequately explained, at least not to me. Those who have never had these types of experiences have every right to doubt but as for the rest of us...take it from good, old Jack Burton(Big Trouble In Little China).

"Well, ya see, I'm not saying that I've been everywhere and I've done everything, but I do know it's a pretty amazing planet we live on here, and a man would have to be some kind of fool to think we're alone in this universe." - Jack Burton

"I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things." Jack Burton

"Like I told my last wife, I says, "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes." - Jack Burton

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Many of my relatives, at least the ones I have been close with, have visited me (spiritually) usually within 72 hrs of their passing. And it's always a very pleasant experience... like they just wanted to stop by and say goodbye. I don't see anything, nor do I hear anything, but I know they're there and usually have a conversation with them without speaking to them. On several occasions I've gotten a call the next day from a family member, and I'm able to tell them why they are calling me about before they tell me about the death.

Probably the weirdest experience involved my brother. He told our father, shortly before he died of cancer, to give my brother "a sign" after my father had passed... something like a red feather. Well, about 30days after our father died my brother is driving to Santa Barbara from Los Angeles on the 101 Fwy - a trip he made 1-3 times per week over the 10-years before our father passed. So, just as he enters Calabasas he sees an enormous billboard on the side of the Fwy with a huge photo of a guy who looked just like our father. And this guy is wearing a white hat with a red feather that is probably sticking up 20ft from the top of the billboard. I mean, this billboard was huge, like one of the largest we've ever seen - no way to miss it. And the feather actually stood-up well beyond the top edge of the billboard. My brother exited the fwy and lukily took pictures as the billboard was only up for a month. Guy in the image looked EXACTLY like our father when he was still healthy, and I mean exactly.

Oh wait, there's one more. When I met my first wife she lived in an old church that she had moved to her own property and converted into a home. The place had a ghost, a very nice man that many people had seen. But one night her son, who was about 7yrs old at the time, is sleeping in the loft and hears a bunch of singing. He got out of bed and walked to the edge of the loft and looked down onto the living room, which was where the congregation used to be when the place was still a church, and he sees the entire congregation of church-goers in the middle of their service. So, he saw like an entire room of people singing who were never actually there. We were downstairs in the kitchen at the time, and I don't think anyone else was in the home. Bizarre.

Last edited:

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
strangest thing ever to happen to me is after my dad died, a month or so later, i was at my grandmother's looking at pictures of my dad and 3 uncles with her and my brother. after 15/20 minutes we started looking at pictures from a cigar box that were all of him and that he had doodled all over (cigar box, not pics) and right about that time we noticed that the ceiling fan had stopped. it was fairly new and the light switch was still "on". we kept looking thru some things for a while longer and when we put everything away, the ceiling fan came back on. never had another issue with it as far as i know.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My father passed about 5 years ago. The big C. Between the time he was told and when he passed was about a month. No one was prepared. And it hit me real hard although I didn't show it at the time. So many things left unsaid I guess. Anyway we have a light fixture in one of our bathrooms that is to say the least cranky. Sometimes it works mostly it doesn't. Its one of many so we just don't use it. Shortly after dads death I would go in there to take a shower. The light would come on. At first I just didn't pay any attention. But it started happening every time. Not only coming on but blinking, coming on and off, stopping, coming on again. This was new. So I started talking to it. "Dad is that you." (crazy right) Said some of things I had wanted to over a few weeks. Then it stopped and went back to its cranky self. Of course its easily explained away, but I hope it was Dad.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Woke up one morning, this would have been 1995, and took the dog outside for a few minutes. My son, who was four, was asleep in his room and the wife was at work. Came back inside with the dog and as I walked by the stairwell I heard music. Thinking I had left the TV on I went down the stairs. The music got louder and I could here voices, laughter, and glasses clinking, like at a cocktail party. I turned the light on and everything immediately stopped. Weird!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
My father passed about 5 years ago. The big C. Between the time he was told and when he passed was about a month. No one was prepared. And it hit me real hard although I didn't show it at the time. So many things left unsaid I guess. Anyway we have a light fixture in one of our bathrooms that is to say the least cranky. Sometimes it works mostly it doesn't. Its one of many so we just don't use it. Shortly after dads death I would go in there to take a shower. The light would come on. At first I just didn't pay any attention. But it started happening every time. Not only coming on but blinking, coming on and off, stopping, coming on again. This was new. So I started talking to it. "Dad is that you." (crazy right) Said some of things I had wanted to over a few weeks. Then it stopped and went back to its cranky self. Of course its easily explained away, but I hope it was Dad.
my dad definitely came to visit me after he passed from the big C. one time it his presence was so strong that my wife ask me (as she was in the room at the time) if my dad was just there with us (and she asked almost immediately after he left).

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Never seen a ghost
Cause it was invisible

I took the father-in-law with me to Fredericksburg TX to pick up some animals - one of the fun things we do is stop off and eat at this old German brewery that makes schnitzel - it's an old German settlement and Admiral Nimitz grew up there - anyway we decide to skip that place and go to this new spot about 8 miles out of town. It was a converted old farmhouse in the German style, really cool. There was a a winery attached - looks like people were putting serious money to make this a destination.
Long story longer, we sit down and the place is nice - excellent looking pastries etc. so we order and are chatting - and I'm not the kind if guy to give eye contact - I like to loo away as someone's taking - weird yes, but it was at one of those moments, looking away to the restaurant entrance and this acrylic stand that held all the tourist attraction pamphlets LEAPS - like literally jumps up and crashed on the floor.
All the pamphlets are everywhere - and I'm tripping out - my father-in-law is still talking and hasn't noticed so I tell him - "hey did you see that? That thing actually jumped up and fell to the floor"

So right as I'm saying this a waitress comes out from the kitchen with food for some other table and when she gets a look at the mess on the floor she stops. I mean like stops cold in her tracks and then starts walking backwards and disappears back into the kitchen.

The a lady I have to assume was the owner peaked her head out of the kitchen and saw it and disappeared again. So now I know something is up. Well the lady come out and sets a can of Coke on the mantle of the fireplace.

So I ask her flat out - do you have a ghost? And she said yes, we call him "Tony" all Shining style

That had to be a ghost cause two months later when I had to go back do Fredericksburg I made sure to glance at it when I was passing by and it was Closed!!!