Lirim Hajrullahu - Our New Stud Kicker Kickin' 68 & 70 Yard BOMBS.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bald_81

UDFA
The competition at kicker is going to be a very underrated battle come training camp. Even before seeing this and drafting Sloman last week, I thought Hajrullahu would be the guy. We'll see how it shakes out!

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Just curious! Is it the consensus that this kicker will beat out the guy (Sloman?) that was drafted by the Rams? Does sound like it is going to be a pretty stiff 3-Way Competition for the place kicking duties but I would have thought that the player that got drafted would have the slight edge at this time but it reads like more fans are kind of pulling for Lirim? And, I don’t care who wins the job (May the Best Man/Kicker Win!)!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The competition at kicker is going to be a very underrated battle come training camp. Even before seeing this and drafting Sloman last week, I thought Hajrullahu would be the guy. We'll see how it shakes out!

And I thought it would always be Austin MacGinnis because the Rams don’t have enough Austin’s.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Lirim, from 70...

giphy.gif

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Here’s a screenshot from our poster “Stats Junkie” who tracked the FG splits in the CFL:

26D8370A-C7E1-40D0-BF6E-8541E523ABF6.jpeg

Please note Lirim’s percentage from 40-49. If ppl are hoping he’ll be money from that range, then it would go against his career trend.

Lirim’s stats are awesome from every shorter distance. And as for longer FG attempts, from 50+, he is a fantastic 82.6 percent.

But from the crucial 40-49 range, out of 83 kicks, he’s made 54 and missed 29, for a very concerning percentage of 65.1.

Frankly I’m rooting for one of the other two guys to win it, because Lirim’s history at 40-49is pretty damn bad.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I’d rather go for it on 4th and short more often between the 30-45 yard line rather than kick FGs or punt. Unless obviously it’s end of game or OT. I don’t understand why so many coaches are afraid to simply go for it.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I know he's from the CFL, so I have to ask: are those yards metric or imperial?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I’m still laughing at the idea of “metric yards”...LOL

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Here’s a screenshot from our poster “Stats Junkie” who tracked the FG splits in the CFL:

View attachment 36099
Please note Lirim’s percentage from 40-49. If ppl are hoping he’ll be money from that range, then it would go against his career trend.

Lirim’s stats are awesome from every shorter distance. And as for longer FG attempts, from 50+, he is a fantastic 82.6 percent.

But from the crucial 40-49 range, out of 83 kicks, he’s made 54 and missed 29, for a very concerning percentage of 65.1.

Frankly I’m rooting for one of the other two guys to win it, because Lirim’s history at 40-49is pretty damn bad.

Yeah; put me in the “accurate first” camp.

I guess if I was rooting it would be Sloman. Might as well be the youngest guy, hope he kicks for us the next 10yrs !

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yeah; put me in the “accurate first” camp.

I guess if I was rooting it would be Sloman. Might as well be the youngest guy, hope he kicks for us the next 10yrs !

MacGinnis is only 25 and I like how he's gone about putting himself in position to win an NFL job...Very accurate ability to kick from well over 50 yards in most cases will be looked upon as the #3 choice, but he was 10-10 in the XFL and is on the rise, should be quite a competition.

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
On the subject of a name. How appropriate is this for a Rams kicker? Besides having a name pronounced as lee-rahm, in Hebew Liram means "My Loftiness." So...."His Loftiness" works for me.

Last edited:

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just out of interest, how comes there hasn’t been many kickers from the Canadian leagues come to the NFL? I’d have thought that position could transition easier than most? Apologies for my ignorance if there has been loads come over and I’m unaware of this.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Just out of interest, how comes there hasn’t been many kickers from the Canadian leagues come to the NFL? I’d have thought that position could transition easier than most? Apologies for my ignorance if there has been loads come over and I’m unaware of this.

Well, it's a totally different game and the goal posts are in front of the end zone although the field is longer, but you also have the hash marks as well. Overall, there have been a few punters and Marv Levy when he was Head Coach of the Chiefs had Zenon Andrusyshyn, the Rams had a Punter by the name of Ken Clark who punted in the CFL too, but overall not that many as there are always plenty to choose from right here in the States.

There are only 9 teams in the CFL which limits the number of candidates who could transition to the NFL.

7 kickers have a career success rate of 85% or better with 6 of them still playing in the CFL. The only player on this list who is not currently in the CFL is Ty Long, currently the punter for the LA Chargers (89.1%)

With goalposts on the goal line, CFL teams can get away with a kicker who has a maximum range of 50 yards (i.e. Rene Paredes, Sean Whyte & Tyler Crapigna)

It is possible that a couple of kickers may try the NFL in a year or two.

Lewis Ward is the leader at 92.2% with a career long of 56 yards. He holds the CFL record with 69 consecutive field goals.

Sergio Castillo is the other. He is a career 87.0% with a career long of 57 yards. He struggled in the XFL and decided to re-sign in BC.

One of the 7 is Justin Medlock who had a couple of cups of coffee in the NFL. He believes that being a left footed kicker makes it more difficult to make it in the NFL. Most incumbent kickers are right footed which means that the primary holder is used to a righty. As a lefty, Medlock was often stuck with a random player as his holder.

When he started in the CFL, Medlock joined the Toronto Argonauts who were one year removed from another left footed kicker. Since then, Medlock has earned the right to audition and then hand pick his holder. Medlock is likely on his last contract and won't make another bid at the NFL.