PREGAME Lions Pregame

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
The Rams are playing with house money. So the pressure is not on them. The pressure is on Goff and the Lions.
This game is going to be a barn-burner and hopefully it won’t come down to the Rams Brett Maher’s kicking. If anything, the Rams must convert on the extra two points after every TD instead of depending on the unreliable kicker.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
I just hope the secondary has learned some lessons after so many botched big plays given up this season.
Even against the whiners... a few of those "pass break-ups" were suspect. I think if they were passes going to starting caliber WRs they are caught balls instead. That being said. We have a shit-ton of momentum on our side and some seasoned vets long with some hungry youngsters. Just hope we can correct some things and come out firing on all cylinders.
Need to come out with some KILLER INSTINCT and never look back. LFG!

oldnotdead

Legend
most (non-Ram) fans see us as the villains.

I don't fucking care what they feel or don't. This team can make a credible run in the playoffs but it starts on Sunday. They have no margin for error either by the coaching staff or the players. If DK never sees the field in the playoffs that's fine with me. For as many of the plays he makes he makes an equal amount of mistakes.

The Rams can beat any team in the playoffs, but their margin for error is razor thin. For most fans liking or not liking the Rams is a matter of where their money is....and that is the real unspoken problem. It's why the NFL isn't investigating the refs because they know what they will find.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Paraphrasing here…
Dan Campbell when asked if his team will be ready to compete in a playoff game…

“We’ve played in prime time games this year, they’ll be ready.”

Goff has been there yeah but the playoffs are a different animal. I’d expect some wide-eyed and stiffness from the Lions out of the gate. Campbell hasn’t been there.

I have confidence in McVay and our team leaders to prep our young guys.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One area I expect will be of crucial importance in this game is the redzone defense for both teams. Feels like both offenses will probably move the ball up and down the field but there's a noteworthy disparity in the redzone production for each unit on the defensive side of the ball...

(TD only percentages for both sides of the ball)

OFFENSE
Rams Redzone: 63.64% (4th in league)
Lions Redzone: 64.06% (3rd in league)

DEFENSE

Rams Redzone: 54.17% (15th in league)
Lions Redzone: 66.04% (29th in league)
I see Ernest Jones coming in hard at Jared in a blitz. He's gonna rock Goff's world.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Lions falling into Tampa-2 but from a 2-deep look, not a disguise

2024-01-11_11-16-13.jpg

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
This is basically a Fangio zone blitz

the MLB and Star blitz from the bottom of the screen
the ROLB/DE and RLBer (who is on LOS) fall back the ROLB takes the hook/curl and the RLber takes the middle
the LS takes the near hook curl

so out of a shell look (no safety in MOF) they rotate to a 3-deep, 3-short zone -- weakness is the flats
so would be good if McVay has something that releases to the flat ...

here the Vikings hit the TE on a quick curl--probably a stick route but based on blitz as a hot route just turned in and didn't work either side... if Mundt didn't see a blitz he may have worked the leverage --inside several turn-- out, outside leverage-- turn in

2024-01-11_11-23-09.jpg

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I hope they run a lot of tampa 2.

I like Stafford vs that defense.
I don't know the percentages but I am seeing it some. in looking at a couple of games. It's a little more complicated that the old days but they still run the concept ... Tampa-2 is really a Cover-3 with a low middle defender or a Cover-2 with a high middle defender... depends on how you look at it.

Regardless it takes away seam routes but leaves holes on outside and in between the 1/2 field safeties ... you have to beat the middle defender ... and often that is a ILBer and they can be a matchup the offense wins ... unless that guy is good (Warner, Urlacher)

Ellard80

Legend
I don't know the percentages but I am seeing it some. in looking at a couple of games. It's a little more complicated that the old days but they still run the concept ... Tampa-2 is really a Cover-3 with a low middle defender or a Cover-2 with a high middle defender... depends on how you look at it.

Regardless it takes away seam routes but leaves holes on outside and in between the 1/2 field safeties ... you have to beat the middle defender ... and often that is a ILBer and they can be a matchup the offense wins ... unless that guy is good (Warner, Urlacher)
Yeah the short/medium middle can be open because the MLB takes often takes a deeper drop.

You can see it in your pictures.