Lions' only chance to not flounder in 2024

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brucebruce

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That’s crazy. Dan Campbell made them relevant. They ply for him and embody his energy. He was aggressive on 4th down, but is that really out of the ordinary? They got that far BECAUSE of those calls. They just couldn’t execute. If Reynolds doesn’t drop important passes on 3rd and 4th down, nobody is spewing this bullshit about Campbell.

disagree

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
there will never be a perfect. comp. but there are relevant similarities. philly also lost players while detroit will likely improve.
Sure.
But Harbaugh, for example.. doesn’t call plays.
I mean … we’ll see.. but the *organization* seems to know what they’re doing.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Reynolds really screwed the pooch; I wonder who he will be playing for next season or if he will even be in the NFL. As far as Cambell goes, he just happened to land on a team with a loaded roster and was very lucky to make it past the Rams. Not what I would consider a great head coach.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Reynolds really screwed the pooch; I wonder who he will be playing for next season or if he will even be in the NFL. As far as Cambell goes, he just happened to land on a team with a loaded roster and was very lucky to make it past the Rams. Not what I would consider a great head coach.
He landed on a team with a loaded roster?

brucebruce

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sure.
But Harbaugh, for example.. doesn’t call plays.
I mean … we’ll see.. but the *organization* seems to know what they’re doing.

i wouldn't hire the harbaugh bros. they seem like good leaders and motivators but it feels like a lot of their success is right place, right time.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Fire Campbell and promote Ben Johnson.

Have you ever had a boss that you knew was holding the company back? Your boss is not good enough in his role and he can't do your job despite being in the same dept.

Campbell got them this far, which he should get credit for, but he isn't smart enough to get further. And they lost today because of Campbell's low IQ situational football strategy. It's not the first time either.

In reality, stellar drafting in combination with Ben's OC skills are what made the Lions a force.
This reminds me of the Vermeil Martz bullshit which sent the Rams eventually back to where they came from. Even if Martz had left the Rams would have been better off because they would have had leadership to keep the rest of the front office in their place.
Detroit isnt having the internal termoil the rams had, but doing what you suggest probably would create it.
IN any relationship, the things you love about that person can also be a problem at some point. I think in this case, the over all value is worth the potential disapointments that happen.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This reminds me of the Vermeil Martz bullshit which sent the Rams eventually back to where they came from. Even if Martz had left the Rams would have been better off because they would have had leadership to keep the rest of the front office in their place.
Detroit isnt having the internal termoil the rams had, but doing what you suggest probably would create it.
IN any relationship, the things you love about that person can also be a problem at some point. I think in this case, the over all value is worth the potential disapointments that happen.
Yep. Detroit's in good hands because Brad knows what he's doing. And the GM & Coach duo there is very strong. They're going to be an annoyance for us next year and beyond.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Yep. Detroit's in good hands because Brad knows what he's doing. And the GM & Coach duo there is very strong. They're going to be an annoyance for us next year and beyond.

Let's make sure if we see them in January next year that it's at our house.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Welp.. Ben Johnson’s sticking around.
Guess thinking Campbell is a clown is limited to haters outside the team.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Not worried about Detroit to be honest. They were damn lucky to beat us in a year we were supposed to win 4-6 games.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Welp.. Ben Johnson’s sticking around.
Guess thinking Campbell is a clown is limited to haters outside the team.
What does that have to do with Johnson staying? Do you seriously think his decision to stay with the Lions is because he thinks Campbell is a genius?

Maybe he just wants to finish what he started. Maybe he didn't like the contract offers and thinks if the Lions win a Super Bowl that he can get a bigger offer. It's also possible that he didn't get a good feeling from the teams he interviewed with. Or, maybe he was told by the Lions owners that if he sticks around they will make him head coach next year.

Your wild speculation that Ben Johnson staying somehow validates your opinion of Dan Campbell and discredits everyone who thinks he's foolish is a huge leap in logic.