Life as a Ram Fan (Stories from past, present, and future)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I grew up on the west coast between LA and SF. A little closer to SF. My dad was a Rams fan and I followed suit. My first game was a Monday night game at the Colisuem, we got stuck in traffic (shocking). Got
to our seats just in time to see Dickerson bust out a long run.
In high school a friends grandmother worked for the Rams office. He talked her into having tbe "Rams" send me a little gift. Like the pennant others have posted. I must have gotten on their list because I received Christmas cards from Georgia for a couple of years after that. Haha. Made me feel a little guilty for having disdain for her.
Got to meet and play in a basketball game vs Robert Delpino and Buford McGee.
I moved to San Diego and got a job managing a studio there. There was a guy working there part time while going to college who looked like a Greek god. Chiseled out of granite. Super chill and nice guy. He ended up playing LB for the Rams for several years.
That job was my first time making enough money to live on (I was still a teenager). I saved up money and my first real purchase was Rams season tickets at the terrible Big A.
So, some stories mixed in.
I had season tickets for two years before the left for St Louis. I can't remember if they won one home game those two years. One or two wins.
Anyway, the best part really has been running into or meeting Ram fans who almost always cool and fun folks.
Up the Horns!!!!

Loved all of that.

And... "up the Horns"???

Um...what?

fearsomefour

Legend
Loved all of that.

And... "up the Horns"???

Um...what?
West Ham Football Club (British soccer) has two nicknames, the Hammers and the Irons.
"Up the Irons" is what a fan of West Ham might say.....like "Go Rams!!"
Also adapted by Iron Maiden fans...."You going to the concert? Hell yeah, up the irons bro"
So, I adapted that to the Horns.
I've had some cocktails this evening....

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Rams drafted Dickerson in 1983 and the Rams were in Anaheim at the time; therefore Dickerson could not have been playing at the Coliseum unless the team was playing the LA Raiders--but I don't think so.