Lewan's Stock Continues to Rise

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And if his issues end up costing his team a game, such as the game against Michigan State last year? If his violent streak continues off the field? I'm sorry, but I can't support someone like Lewan. I have no desire to see us return to taking thugs, thank you very much.

Seems youre being selective with what you chose to address from my posts. As I clearly said above

"And as far as the character concerns, it may sound bad but, I really just dont care as long as it doesnt impact his future playing time."

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Seems youre being selective with what you chose to address from my posts. As I clearly said above

"And as far as the character concerns, it may sound bad but, I really just dont care as long as it doesnt impact his future playing time."

I have personal reasons for not wanting Lewan. I know rape victims, have even befriended one or two. Rape is the worst kind of evil that a person can possibly inflict upon another human being. Anyone who would use that as a threat is not someone I want on my sports team.

We'll have to agree to disagree because if we keep going like this, I'm going to totally fucking lose it...and I'd rather not snap at you if I don't have to.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Youre blurring the lines of your opinion and fact here. Him being overrated and unimpressive is all your opinion, one that others (myself included) dont necessarily share. I have a different opinion than you do and thats okay. I could be wrong, but so could you just as easily. Ive watched a good amount of tape on Lewan as well, and happen to like him.

Oh and also, youre twisting my words and over exaggerating in order to belittle my point of view. I think saying it would take a miracle to make Lewan a solid nfl player (which is what I said I think he can be) is a little over the top. And your next sentence paints my point of view in a different light than anything ive said. You cant just apply your view of lewan to my statements to discredit them. Clearly I dont see Lewan as a mid round talent that we can coach up or I wouldnt suggest drafting him 13th overall. I think he is a very good prospect that we can make better with one of the best Oline coaches on the planet.

A solid player isn't worth a top 15 pick imo.

I'm not blurring the lines of opinion and fact. I'm giving you my personal evaluation of the player. That's my opinion. I could be wrong. I might be wrong. But I feel comfortable right now in my evaluation. He has a lot of flaws and is overhyped based on his supposed athletic upside.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have personal reasons for not wanting Lewan. I know rape victims, have even befriended one or two. Rape is the worst kind of evil that a person can possibly inflict upon another human being. Anyone who would use that as a threat is not someone I want on my sports team.

We'll have to agree to disagree because if we keep going like this, I'm going to totally freaking lose it...and I'd rather not snap at you if I don't have to.

Yeah man I didn't mean anything personal. Sorry if I struck a nerve with that one. Just giving my opinion on football not rape.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Guys Lewan is a thug and insults to assault rape victims. Can we all just please move on with this conversation? With that being said 'THE' Michigan Wolverines are pretty damn beastly. GO BLUE!!

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I predict the Tuna move up to #8 w/ the Vikes and take him since Matthews and Robinson are already taken. Again...Matth ews and Robinson in that order. :D

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Lewan reminds me of a hyrbid Kyle Turley and Jordan Gross. Physically on the field not addressing off the field/ personal life.

V3

Hall of Fame
I can't decide on him. When I first started watching him, I thought his legs looked clumsy and he played very high. Then I start reading all these articles about how he's really impressing and that the Rams like him so I go back and watch again and think maybe it's just poor technique that Boo could correct and maybe his side step is better than I first thought. I don't know. He's one of those players I can't figure out.

fearsomefour

Legend
He's going to be one of the biggest mistakes someone in this draft makes.
The only reason I would have Robinson ahead of Lewan is Robinsons technique is so bad he has a lot of room to improve.
Not much of an endorsement of either guy.

Slappy967

Starter
Lewan seems like a slightly less ignorant Richie Incognito, playing with a lot of rage and a chip on his shoulder isn't a bad thing. I feel like he wouldn't get pushed around by opposing defenses regardless of where we line him up and I think he could be a road grader at guard for a season similar to how Saffold destroyed guys at the point of attack last season. Would not have a problem with taking Lewan at 13 at all and adding some big, nastiness to the O line.