Leverage?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Jernigan_1.png

Can you throw a flag? Sure. But that's not how the NFL has been enforcing holding. Sullivan didn't jerk him away from Gurley, he didn't use his jersey to turn him, and he didn't take him to the ground. Jernigan was able to get his arm on Gurley. It was a weak call, just like both DPIs they called.

That's not a hold at any level.Most refs will even tell you "If it's in tight,It's alright."
If your arms are extended and you have a hand full ,then there's a call to be made.

Also,your thoughts on the Huge unsportsmanlike conduct.
Unless Trumaine said something directly to the official,That was the biggest bullshit call of the game.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's not a hold at any level.Most refs will even tell you "If it's in tight,It's alright."
If your arms are extended and you have a hand full then,there's a call to be made.

Also,your thoughts on the Huge unsportsmanlike conduct.
Unless Trumaine said something directly to the official,That was the biggest bullcrap call of the game.

Agreed. They were atrocious. Every 50/50 call in the first half went Philly's way except for the bad spot that got overturned.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Agreed. They were atrocious. Every 50/50 call in the first half went Philly's way except for the bad spot that got overturned.

Dude,I am usually the last person to raise hell about officiating.If it's a bad call or two,The hell with it,They're
going to make mistakes.Play through it.
But,my God,this crap kept happening again and again.Even the Wentz worshipping announcers were
calling BS.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
The penalty that burns me is the taunting on TJ.

Burton's taunting after the first TD pass was way more flagrant and was not called.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
The NFL can suck it long and hard. Wentz is done AS A RESULT OF THEIR BS CALLS!

Suck it NFL.....suck it deep.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I also thought the first PI call on AO was ticky-tack. TE runs route right into AO and they bump each other. AO called for PI. I didn't think PI needed to be called there since they both have a right to be in that spot.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I also thought the first PI call on AO was ticky-tack. TE runs route right into AO and they bump each other. AO called for PI. I didn't think PI needed to be called there since they both have a right to be in that spot.

it was ticky-tack but there was contact so I can see why the flag was thrown. the shitty part about that is, to me, it seemed like Ogletree tripped a bit and kinda naturally reached out to keep his balance and in doing so hit Celek. but since he never grabbed him or really altered him from making the catch I dont think the flag should have been thrown.

same with Tru. yes he had an arm on the WR but that was almost certainly so he could feel were the WR was at, and his arm being on the WR had no impact what so ever on the WR trying to make a play on the ball. I also think PIs on underthrows are the dumbest thing and really need to be addressed, but thats a topic for another day

Zero

Pro Bowler
Agree 100%.The contact was initiated by the offense and should have never been called.
You would think a gazillion dollar business like the NFL could spare a few dollars to
have these guys work on their craft year around.Create training programs that occur
throughout the offseason.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Agree 100%.The contact was initiated by the offense and should have never been called.
You would think a gazillion dollar business like the NFL could spare a few dollars to
have these guys work on their craft year around.Create training programs that occur

Or is it possible refs that refs can be bought. It only takes a few calls to change a game and if there is no way to disprove human error, then it is probably happening. Lots of college teams have bag men and boosters willing to shell out money to ensure their team gets the players needed to be the best team. Why is it so far fetched to think refs can't be bribed, when there is no way to prove it? And it doesn't have to come from an Eagles fan. The Seahawks benefited greatly from a Rams lose. Pete could have offered to wear his cheerleading outfit and give blowouts to his ref buddy, who happens to be from Seattle.. A Seahawk fan could bribe a ref. Vegas could too. If best are going the wrong way and they stand to lose too much, you know they have to try. If a bookie stands to make millions on a game if it goes right, why not throw a ref. 500g to insure it happens?

I have seen enough one sided officiating in big games to be convinced that either the league is pulling the strings, or someone associated with opposing teams are paying refs.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The NFL has the money and the desire to do that. The refs refuse because they can't keep their day jobs. If they keep their day jobs, they get to add the $100,000+ they make as NFL refs onto what they make in their other employment.