Lets talk week one vs the Colts/Andrew Luck officially out

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is one of those trap games that in the past the Rams should win but somehow find a way to lose.
How on earth could opening day of the season, 1st game for new HC, ever qualify as a trap game???

No "win is a win" stuff for me.
13-10, 9-6 is 7-9 bull crap that we moved away from.
This game should be over at halftime and when the Colts see that they are going nowhere with Tolzien at QB, Brissett comes in and makes things interesting.
Still and all, anything closer than say 24-10 is ridiculous

RAMBUSH

Starter
It will be interesting to see what our new Offense and Defense will actually look like. This should be a win, and if it's not, then I think we're in for a lot of growing pains.
Growing pains ? How long will they last ? Seems like I been feeling this pain for years now .

theduke

Rookie
Camp Reporter
When's the last time the Rams beat a team they should beat? I honestly can't remember. But yeah, there is no way they should lose this game. And those two things together terrify me.
C'mon, guys, we had some fantastic games under Fisher. We had a pair of games where we won 24-0 against the Redskins, followed by 52-0 against the Raiders. How quickly we forget.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
andrew-luck-fumble-recovered-by-rams-for-touchdown.gif

10784605163_21e83fc6f0_o.gif

tavon-austin-scores-again-and-again-a.gif

tavon-austin-punt-return-for-touchdown-against-colts-a.gif

ramfan46

Pro Bowler

I remember watching this game at the bar. Had a Colt/Niner fan declare what a bust Tavon was right before the game. Sure was nice shoving that back in his face after the 3rd long TD of the day. I asked him,"How about that bust now?!" Nothing but Crickets could be heard after that. That was a sweet sweet day in a lost year. Also Long's only TD!

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Why do I feel this is a game we should definitely win, but my gut tells me we will struggle?

nighttrain

Legend
cuz you a LONG TIME SUFFERING RAM FAN..
Something we all must have done in a previous life!

train

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why do I feel this is a game we should definitely win, but my gut tells me we will struggle?
I'm with you but our offense will shine almost by default. Who is going to cover Sammy Watkins? Cooper Kupp? Those dudes will be open all day long.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm cautiously optimistic on the outside. But in my head, I'm like "we'll crush em."

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Apologies if this was mentioned somewhere else, but anyone who has DirecTV will get Sunday NFL Ticket Week 1 for free.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...th-chart-lists-changes-in-the-offensive-line/

Colts’ depth chart lists changes in the offensive line
Posted by Charean Williams on September 5, 2017

627899710-e1504656096809.jpg

Getty Images

The Colts’ regular season depth chart differed from the preseason depth chart in the offensive line with two big changes. Indianapolis lists Jeremy Vujnovich as the starter at left guard and Denzelle Good as the starter at right tackle.

Vujnovich started the first preseason game at left guard before starting the next two preseason games at right tackle. He sat out the final preseason game.

Good started at right tackle the last two preseason games.

The Colts list Ryan Kelly as the starter at center, though he will miss the season opener after injuring his foot during an Aug. 10 practice. Kelly underwent surgery, and General Manager Chris Ballard said Monday that Kelly is “close to returning.

Until Kelly does return, backup Deyshawn Bond will start.

“Bond has come in and practiced every day, been good; he’s strong; he’s smart; he’s got a presence to him,” Ballard said, via Andrew Walker of the team website. “Kelly will be back, and we like Bond.”

Anthony Castonzo remains at left tackle and Jack Mewhort at right guard.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...th-chart-lists-changes-in-the-offensive-line/

Colts’ depth chart lists changes in the offensive line
Posted by Charean Williams on September 5, 2017

627899710-e1504656096809.jpg

Getty Images

The Colts’ regular season depth chart differed from the preseason depth chart in the offensive line with two big changes. Indianapolis lists Jeremy Vujnovich as the starter at left guard and Denzelle Good as the starter at right tackle.

Vujnovich started the first preseason game at left guard before starting the next two preseason games at right tackle. He sat out the final preseason game.

Good started at right tackle the last two preseason games.

The Colts list Ryan Kelly as the starter at center, though he will miss the season opener after injuring his foot during an Aug. 10 practice. Kelly underwent surgery, and General Manager Chris Ballard said Monday that Kelly is “close to returning.

Until Kelly does return, backup Deyshawn Bond will start.

“Bond has come in and practiced every day, been good; he’s strong; he’s smart; he’s got a presence to him,” Ballard said, via Andrew Walker of the team website. “Kelly will be back, and we like Bond.”

Anthony Castonzo remains at left tackle and Jack Mewhort at right guard.

You just know Donald is praying for a deal. That's an easy 4 sack game for him.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
There's no excuse for losing the game. We should win by double digit points.
As of right now, on the Vegas Line, the Rams have gone from 3 point dogs to 3 1/2 point favorites since the announcement Luck is out!

I'm caught in a cross, I don't know weather I want the Rams "O" to start the game, and just dominate the LOS and score at will ....
OR
Do I want the Rams "D" to start, and Wade's Boy's just have their way with the Colts!?!

I Guess I'll play it Safe!! ..." I want Both!!" Ram's get McVay his 1st WIN, a 34-0 Shut-Out! ^ sacks - 3 FF's -3 FR's - 4 INT's and we didn't need "The Donald to do it!!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'll be in attendance.... I need to see some Rams TDs and I need to see a win. Two games last year it was all field goals... and a garbage time TD that I missed because I was trying to beat traffic.

The team needs to go for the jugular from the jump.
My Birthday is in two weeks, "THE RAMS WELL BE 2-0 FOR MY BIRTHDAY!! OR ELSE I'LL .... :shocking::headexplosion:"

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
After the lack of playing time that the starters got in preseason I expect this to be a sloppy first half between to teams trying to figure out if they can do ANYTHING offensively. I would not be surprised if neither team can sustain a drive of more than 6 plays and a very low scoring first half.

The second half I am looking forward to seeing McVay make some adjustments, something we have not seen in a decade, Gurley breaking a couple of good runs and the Rams taking control down the stretch to get a solid win.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I predict that the Rams win 45 - 9. Three field goals is all the Colts will manage.

UtahRam

Rookie
I don't know what to think. I went to the opener in San Fran last year and couldn't believe how bad and unprepared the team looked. They can't play any worse than that.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I predict that the Rams win 45 - 9. Three field goals is all the Colts will manage.

Could be if we can avoid that 6 fumble/int. sloppy pre-season game we had.