Let's Talk Aaron Donald

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Hope the offense improves in 2016. Our defense will be scary if teams have to play catch up, providing more opportunities for sacks and turnovers. Donald will break that record if we ever field a respectable offense.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
LOL. Come on Dave. I'd love for 5 sacks in 3 games but even he is mortal...Well sort of :)
I'm looking at the competition too. We always get sacks in bunches against the 49ers, and 'Hags, and I believe we can get to Winston. So YAH, I believe Donald has a shot at getting 5 in three games!!
Would you believe a Hat-Trick against the Hags and 1 each against the 9ers and Buc's!?

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
He is scary good and is everything I could want in a player. So far he isn't the jawer the Sapp was - he lets his play talk. It is 100% effort and team, the complete opposite of Suh or Haynesworth.

the only 2 things that scare me are 1) injury (not that he has any history - talking some freak thing) and 2) with the above items being true what will he cost as a FA when his contract is up (we have a few years still...but ....DAMNNNN) - I know if I was his agent we would be talking record numbers even if you wanted to renegotiate at the 3 year mark (the earliest I think they can - ala Quinn).

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
AD could even be better if Gregg can manuver his interior DL around some so Gregg can matchup AD's quickness with opponents with the slower OL'ers. Much like last week when AD played a bunch of NT over the Lions center who had been going good but could not work out AD's disruptive penetrating ability. Could be some of the reasons why we saw Fisher called up DT Louis Tricant-Pasat to the active master roster.

This Ram DL has some big NFL names in it but AD has been involved in 721 snaps. The next in number is Brockers with 549 snaps, Hayes 454 snaps, Sims 414 snaps & Fairley 390 snaps. AD has as much sackers than all of these other Rams DLers put together:
Long 2
Hayes 2.5
Sims 1
Westbrooks 2
Fairley .5
Brockers 3

In this one area on spotrac AD is rated #2 behind Carolina's DL Kawann Short. Brockers is rated #30. Snead may have missed on a couple of high first round selections but the AD pick sure makes up a lot of it!(y)
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/valuation/defensive-tackle/

It's hard to mention all the great stuff that AD brings to this Rams team but I would like to say that AD's terrific personal & football character may yet to be his best ability! He is a wonderful real good young man.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
AD could even be better if Gregg can manuver his interior DL around some so Gregg can matchup AD's quickness with opponents with the slower OL'ers. Much like last week when AD played a bunch of NT over the Lions center who had been going good but could not work out AD's disruptive penetrating ability. Could be some of the reasons why we saw Fisher called up DT Louis Tricant-Pasat to the active master roster.

This Ram DL has some big NFL names in it but AD has been involved in 721 snaps. The next in number is Brockers with 549 snaps, Hayes 454 snaps, Sims 414 snaps & Fairley 390 snaps. AD has as much sackers than all of these other Rams DLers put together:
Long 2
Hayes 2.5
Sims 1
Westbrooks 2
Fairley .5
Brockers 3

In this one area on spotrac AD is rated #2 behind Carolina's DL Kawann Short. Brockers is rated #30. Snead may have missed on a couple of high first round selections but the AD pick sure makes up a lot of it!(y)

It's hard to mention all the great stuff that AD brings to this Rams team but I would like to say that AD's terrific personal & football character may yet to be his best ability! He is a wonderful real good young man.
The Rams have been blessed all of my Life with a Good to Great D-Line, I can't think of any DT, Next to our Magic Merlin, who compares to Donald! ( Merlin always seemed to be able to destroy O-Lines by himself!) The Rams have been blessed on "D" anyway!!

Last edited:

jjab360

Legend

Long 2
Hayes 2.5
Sims 1
Westbrooks 2
Fairley .5
Brockers 3

Agreed, one of the best things about Donald is he has excellent stamina, he could probably play every snap if we needed him to.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Agreed, one of the best things about Donald is he has excellent stamina, he could probably play every snap if we needed him to.
Call me "Old Fashioned" But I thought that is what they where supposed to train to do!! Train to Play for 60 Minutes at full speed!?!

jjab360

Legend
Call me "Old Fashioned" But I thought that is what they where supposed to train to do!! Train to Play for 60 Minutes at full speed!?!
Maybe, but I'm pretty sure there isn't a single DL in the NFL that played every snap of any game this year. That's just the way it is, DL is considered the most strenuous position I suppose.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Maybe, but I'm pretty sure there isn't a single DL in the NFL that played every snap of any game this year. That's just the way it is, DL is considered the most strenuous position I suppose.
If you want to be the BEST, you Train to be the BEST! No one who Trains to be among the Best will EVER be worth shit!! JMHO

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I'm looking at the competition too. We always get sacks in bunches against the 49ers, and 'Hags, and I believe we can get to Winston. So YAH, I believe Donald has a shot at getting 5 in three games!!
Would you believe a Hat-Trick against the Hags and 1 each against the 9ers and Buc's!?

OK fine sir, sold!

jjab360

Legend
If you want to be the BEST, you Train to be the BEST! No one who Trains to be among the Best will EVER be worth crap!! JMHO
Okay, well that sounds all well and good and inspirational and stuff but even the best DL don't play every snap. Not to mention playing every snap wouldn't make you the best, it's what you do with the snaps you do play that make AD the best DT in the league.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Okay, well that sounds all well and good and inspirational and stuff but even the best DL don't play every snap. Not to mention playing every snap wouldn't make you the best, it's what you do with the snaps you do play that make AD the best DT in the league.
I don't think you get were I'm coming from!! The Point is you train to play full-out for 60 minutes PERIOD! It's never how many snaps you actually Play. But you must train to play EVERY DOWN, and give 110%! That the way the Greats like Deacon and Merlin did it!!!!